DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah - I won't get any playing done today but since I "work from home" on Wednesday - I figure that is when I knock out the last bit of story

(Looking at an online list of Mission Names - it appears I have 4 left)

On 9/18/2017 at 7:41 AM, RIPPA said:

It didn't matter anyway since I realized I had zero legendary shards

I could farm public events with Mis on Titan all day long

Mis had some amazing shaders or whatever going this morning, because an hour of farming public events on Titan with him and I had just went from Level 13 to Level 20 with a light of 205.  Might be even higher but I didn't have time to sift through the metric ton of engrams that dumped on me before logging off. 

• Like 1

So... umm... they added stuff

I would like to thank that giant new shank that shows up on Titan for the sweet sweet rewards.

I would also like to thank Cayde for the exotic AND legendary for finishing a flashpoint

1 hour ago, misanthrope304 said:

"Fireteam medallion" xp boost and increases loot drops...

The nightfall this week can go kick rocks

Yeah, they Nightfall was not fun. It took us 25mins with 2 to spare and the boss room was hell. I expected Attrition to be like Exposure but with a health regain mechanic. It felt like I was taking normal damage though. 3 or 4 shots and you're down. And just to sweeten the deal it's the first Nightfall where I didn't get an exotic or anything that I needed.

I'm currently sitting on 292 but a lot of the gear I'm using at the moment isn't modded. I think I should hit 295 if I mod them. Which I should since the luminous engram drops are based on your max power.

I never really experienced any sort of soft cap at 270 or 280 like people were saying. Progress obviously slows down but it's still steady. There are limited places now that drop powerful gear for me but they are all on weekly resets so I'm still moving forward. Plus with rares and legendaries scaling with your light at, I think, 7 light behind even if you're got a piece of gear holding you back it's possible to make progress with normal gameplay and not just the weekly events. I've put less time in Destiny 2 than the last few Destiny expansions yet I still think I'm making faster progress without much grinding.

10 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

"Fireteam medallion" xp boost and increases loot drops...

The nightfall this week can go kick rocks

A buddy of mine was texting me that it took his group about 10 rounds to take it down. I played my first strike on D2 last night, which ended up being Exodus Crash. Even on normal, that boss fight is a bit deceiving. The overcharged shank adds are non-stop and what seems like a harmless boss ends up having a deep health pool that takes a few rounds to knock out when you're under-leveled like me and the other two people you were matched with weren't much better at Level 20.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

So I'm level 18 and my power is at 170 to 180. How much longer will it take to get my power up to raid?

How far are you into the story? You should be around, or at, level 20 by the time you finish it. You also need to beat the story before you can play the raid anyway. So get that checked off first.

It took me about a week to hit 270, although we out in an unhealthy amount of time over the first 2 days.

The raids recommended power is 260-280. I'd probably not step foot in there at less than 270 though.

Once you finish the story it's pretty easy to hit 265-270. Rare and legendary items will drop up to 265 with legendaries having a chance to be 270 if they come with a +5 mod. You can get these from literally any activity. Strikes, crucible and public events and lost sectors on each of the planets. Depends what you enjoy. If you're just looking to power level though public events and lost sectors in the EDZ is the most efficient way of doing it. Just fast travel around the planet to the lost sectors (the small little cave looking things on the map) and do those while waiting for public events to start. Each chest from an activity will drop a token and a piece of gear. And a very small chance for an exotic.

Dismantle all the old rare gear you no longer need once you've out levelled it. And any legendaries you don't want to keep. This will give you gunsmith material.

Once you're around 260 go to the vendor on whichever planet you've been levelling up on and trade in all those tokens you've got. For every 20 you get a legendary item and a small chance of an exotic dropping.

Same with the gunsmith material, head to the Gunsmith and cash those in for legendaries as well.

This should hopefully get you close to 270. Unless RNG really hates you.

To keep progressing you'll want to do activities that drop 'powerful rewards'. These look like legendaries but are called Luminous Engrams. Basically it's legendary gear above the normal 270 soft cap. They come from Milestones and reset weekly. Shaxx Call to Arms, Caydes patrol quest unlocks Flashpoint and the weekly Nightfall all drop these.

And lastly, each planet has a quest. 3 of them award exotics which will drop much higher than your regular loot. The one I finished the other day gave me a 300 gun when I was mid 280s. Take your pick, you can do them early for a quick boost but I'd recommend leaving them until you hit the soft cap around 270 to get over that hurdle and start progressing again.

I think we have found that farming Titan is better since you don't even need to fast travel.

Plus with the additional baddies now added - as long as you have other people to help take down that three named Knight guy who meanders around you can really shoot up your level too.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I think we have found that farming Titan is better since you don't even need to fast travel.

Plus with the additional baddies now added - as long as you have other people to help take down that three named Knight guy who meanders around you can really shoot up your level too.

Titan's a good call, especially for public events this week since it's the Flashpoint planet. A lot more people doing them and having 3 or 4 makes the heroic versions so much easier.

The reason I used the European Dead Zone was because of the amount of Lost Sectors. The chests have a hidden cool down so if you farm them too fast they stop dropping loot. We never had that problem in the EDZ since there were so many of them.

19 minutes ago, Basara said:

Titan's a good call, especially for public events this week since it's the Flashpoint planet.

Titan is a moon, man. :D

Yes, I am deflecting because I am slightly jealous of your collective gameplay.

We will see about this Destiny 2 bullshit once I put Mass Effect Andromeda away forever.

The D2 marketing posters all over every Redbox machine near my house mock me every day.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Titan is a moon, man. :D

Yes, I am deflecting because I am slightly jealous of your collective gameplay.

We will see about this Destiny 2 bullshit once I put Mass Effect Andromeda away forever.

The D2 marketing posters all over every Redbox machine near my house mock me every day.

You've caught me out!

Thinking about it, Earth might be the only planet we actually visit in Destiny 2? Not including crucible maps. 2 moons and a centaur I think.

I'd have actually liked to see some more areas but it looks like they will be adding in others in DLC. I think Mercury comes with the first DLC in December. 

It would be nice if humanity made some progress taking back their worlds. We crippled the Cabal and Hive in the system back in The Taken King. Why haven't we taken back the moon and mars yet?

Regarding my level, I just hit 20 and I haven't been to Io yet. I have a handful of adventures on Nessus to wrap up, but I can go to Io at any time. My light level is now 201 or 202.

By the way, how do I add a clan banner?

There is apparently a glitch where you can gain an unlimited amount of time in the nightfall.  I'm the area where you fight the two servitude them two big shanks while your ghost is hacking whatever, there is an anomaly overhead that you can clear as you are leaving the area.  If your fireteam moves on to the next area (exodus black) together, one person can turn around and go back to previous mentioned servitor/shank area and shoot the anomaly again...rinsed repeat, infinitely I assume.

I may try this on prestige today before bungie patches it.

29 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

There is apparently a glitch where you can gain an unlimited amount of time in the nightfall.  I'm the area where you fight the two servitude them two big shanks while your ghost is hacking whatever, there is an anomaly overhead that you can clear as you are leaving the area.  If your fireteam moves on to the next area (exodus black) together, one person can turn around and go back to previous mentioned servitor/shank area and shoot the anomaly again...rinsed repeat, infinitely I assume.

I may try this on prestige today before bungie patches it.

If it's like the glitch people were using for the strike needed for the raid quest then there is a cap on how much time you can get, still, a huge help.

If you're making a run at prestige there's a few cheeses for the boss that's popped up as well. You'll have to google them for the exact strats but essentially there's a box near the back of the arena you can hide behind and nothing can shoot you, plus when he goes into punch mode in the last 1/3, you can stand on it and he can't reach you.

Another one I saw, supposedly when he goes invisible between damage phases he's hanging on the back wall somewhere, if you can find him and shoot him he falls to his death.