DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I just played a roller-coaster match of survival in the crucible.

The first round, we ran a clean sweep, with no one on our team dying, and I went 11-0.

We went up 3 rounds to none, but then we lost three rounds straight to tie it up, and some dude on my side rage quit.

So, we go into the final round down a man, but manage to take a lead. We squander that, and in the end it comes down to me and another guy for the whole thing. I botched my grenade, but managed to flank him well enough to win the fire fight and the match. I'm usually pretty bad at pvp stuff like this, so needless to say I was pretty pumped, and I'm fairly sure before I realized what I was doing, a "y***sssssssss" might've slipped out. 

Looks like Trials of the Nine started tonight to replace Trials of Osiris. Biggest things are light levels are disabled like regular crucible, flawless is now only 7 wins, your loadout is locked for each game and displayed to the enemy before the start of the first match. You can access the new Trials social space after just one win (it's tied to a trophy/achievement). The more games you win the more loot you get. Obviously you get the best rewards for going flawless.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Don't know if I'm just blind or if they're particularly well hidden, but I can't find two of the region chests in Siren's Watch to save my life...

I was able to find them all today, but no chance I would have been able to without turning to Youtube.  There's one in particular that I don't know how ANYONE would find without some sort of guide.

Powered on through to 281 tonight thanks to finishing some exotic quests and applying some +5 mods to gear i actually want to keep/use. And my goddamn boots are still blue! to be fair, they are 274 blue boots since they scale up with your light but always below your max, but still, give me some shoes Bungie! My feet are cold. I've still got the Nightfall and A Call to Arms to complete too so i might be able to squeak out another level before reset if i'm lucky. The grind is on now.

Just now, Andrew POE! said:

Anyone want to do Nightfall strikes and Trials of the Nines with me? PSN ID is POEman553.

When I'm leveled enough in a week or two, I'll definitely will have you added for that.

One of my biggest Destiny problems is I don't have anyone I play with. Everyone I know that plays in Dothan plays on Xbox One.

16 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Does anyone have the PS4 clan URL so I can join?  I'll also take an invite - JetfireMike.

You can just search for it on Bungie's site - DVDR (assuming that link doesn't work)

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=151139

The clan is cross platform

I also might have just sent you the invite directly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve said:

I'm active :(

I'm SCG84 on XBL, currently ~250 light level I think.

Aaaah that's YOU! :)

I always saw SCG84 on but had no clue who it is.  I'll have to shoot you a friend request next time I'm on, since it seems like you play at alot of the same times that I do.  

Got myself up to level 10 playing yesterday, so I'm getting to the point where I'm almost useful.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to pick up enough legendary stuff by the end of Monday to take advantage of Xur since I'm paranoid that if I miss this stuff now I might not be able to get it again, but we'll see.  Got my first couple pieces of legendary gear so I can start dismantling.

I'm keep being blown away by the score of this game, specifically between battles when you're just wandering through a new environment waiting for something to show up in front of you.  

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At some point now - both you and Eivion (who I just approved for the clan) so have some stuff waiting for you at the Farm for being part of the Clan

Thanks, I was just about to check the Farm out for others reasons. This is good know.

So, a night of progress. We two manned a Destiny 2 Nightfall finally and it gave me boots! Finally legendary boots! In typical Destiny style, the Luminous Engram reward for the Nightfall was a slightly better pair of boots...

We tried the raid! We failed at the raid. We only had 5 people and we went in blind. Figured out the first section fairly quickly and got that done, Got a nice 289 engram and some raid tokens for my troubles. We eventually worked out the second area but holy shit is it hard! It feels doable when we get a 6th but we just didn't have the fire power to kill everything and the mechanics are such that it's possible to do the encounter with 5 (maybe 4?) but it's incredibly hard.

We tried Trials! We had mixed results in Trials. So it's 4v4 except there were only 3 of us playing at this point, we had one guy AFK. We still managed to win the first game and lost the second 6-5 so i can't really complain at that. Not really a fan of it being objective based. Ended up with 4 tokens, you need 10 for the first reward so we'll try and knock out a few more games tomorrow to see whats on offer.

All in all, i ended the night being 290 if i use my absolute best gear, or mid to high 280s with weapons i actually like.

Also active. I'm sosman421 for those who might not be aware. No mic, though, so I generally avoid stuff that requires actual strategy beyond running forward and shooting anything that's shooting at me.

I'm up to 257 light as of now.