DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Yeah - you are good.

When I dug deep into the forums it basically said that when a founder leaves - it transfers to any remaining admins so that would explain it.

No worries.

I am just glad I hadn't started recruiting yet since there is no way to approve new members at the moment.

9 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

nurse-joker-says-hi.gif

Everybody quit playing.  

It'd gotten to the point where my party invites were ignored, or I send a party invite and people go offline.  I've even had people remove me from their friends list, without just cause.  

No hard feelings, i understand how life is.  I go through periods of love and hate with Destiny, it's not uncommon for me to quit playing any video games for months at a time.

I'm pretty sure I left Phil as founder, if not, i may be able to switch back over and line it out if needed.  

Y'all are welcome in the new one I've started.

If not, I understand.  I still don't care to help anyone out, but I'm not gonna beg people to play.

Okay, what the fuck is going on?

I'm beginning to think that I am better off keeping friends and not getting this fucking game.

Nothing happened in regards to Destiny 2

Mis joined another clan who was active in Destiny and is sticking with them. That isn't surprising (Heck looking now - I think there are only 3 active members of the DVDR clan - hence why I was going to do a recruiting drive)

Our issue is just Bungie being Bungie in regards to settings

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Are clans cross platform at least?

Yes - I can see the XBOX and PS4 folks

They are more PS4 folks in the clan - but honestly the majority of the people don't seem to be playing 2... yet

I also put a call out on the DVDVR Twitter

Wow, there's hardly anyone in the DVDR clan on the PS4. I swear there were more of us.

Anyway, I just got to Titan. I'm far, far behind everyone else, but I also gave myself a rule where I generally only play games when my wife is working since she has nights at the hospital. Leveling seems pretty quick. I've only put in a handful of hours and I'm already at level 6.

1 hour ago, CSC said:

6 hours! 

Yea - now I remember why I never got anything major done other than the main story.  

I wouldn't worry to much about the completion time. Vault of Glass took 14 hours and we do it in 45mins now, Crota's End took 6 for the first complete and it's faster than most strikes are to beat in Destiny 2 now people know what they are doing. I'm sure once people figure out the strategies the time will tumble down.

Got some solid levelling in tonight. Finished off the MIDA quest which dropped at 289 and i got something called the Fighting Lion at 290. It's a grenade launcher that goes in your energy weapon slot rather than the power weapon. It's still my damn shoes holding me back. They are still rares, no legendary boots for me! Why is it always shoes with this game!

Should be able to get a nice boost tomorrow too, I've still got the clan XP, Call to Arms and Nightfall to go to give me some more Luminous Engrams and i had an exotic drop that i haven't decoded yet too. Plus Xur makes his return. Hopefully i'll hit 280 before the reset.

I'm not sure if the sparrow drops at level 20 or when you complete the campaign. I did both at the same time so either could have been the trigger. You can also get them from bright engrams. And yeah, for the next couple of days I'd still forget to use it since going the entire story mode without one.

Apparently, with the new clan system you get rewarded a piece of raid gear (and I'd assume trials gear) as long as someone in your clan completes it that week. You don't even need to step foot in the raid for the clan rewards. The game will literally hand you 3 luminous engrams each week as long as other people who you play the game with put in enough work.

In my third crucible game in Destiny 2 - I had 19 kills including a 9 kill streak

I shouldn't play again because I am never gonna top that

I am still not sure if I have ever gotten the Relentless Banner (it might have been Reign of Terror - stupid memory)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In my third crucible game in Destiny 2 - I had 19 kills including a 9 kill streak

I shouldn't play again because I am never gonna top that

I am still not sure if I have ever gotten the Relentless Banner (it might have been Reign of Terror - stupid memory)

You and I have earned at least two or three Reign of Terror banners in the original game for a 15+ Killstreak...

Relentless comes after a 10+ Killstreak and we've both earned a few of those as well.

Both Mis and I have earned Mark of the Unbroken banners.

You were there when I got my first Reign of Terror banner when we were up against arguably the worst group of coordinated players in the history of Clash.  

I thought that sooner or later they would learn not to huddle near a wall so that I could kill three of them at a time with a Tripmine Grenade, but they never figured it out.

I miss the days when Lord High Fixer was good enough to be a Gunslinger's primary weapon in the Crucible..

If you have the shards, you MUST buy Merciless from Xur.  It's a fusion rifle that charges faster with every non-lethal hit.  It's great for bosses because after the 2nd or 3rd non-lethal hit it basically becomes a full-auto heavy weapon.

I already got it from an engram and its a legit DPS monster.

• Like 1