DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I cleared the main story after about 15 hours of gameplay.  Still a LOT of Adventures left on the board, though, and what I believe are each destination's "world quest" opened up after the campaign.

What's odd is that the conclusion of the story, unlike Taken King, really gave no hint as to what the raid would be about.  It seems to wrap things up pretty definitively.

I had to stop right when I finished the Spark mission

I laughed because I was wondering why The Farm was empty before that. IS NO ONE PLAYING THIS GAME????

I heard Lord Shaxx talk for two seconds and nearly spit out my drink because he made some comment about how piss poor people were at throwing grenades.

I got into two Crucible matches without any problems but the balance is broken.

The team I was on barely had anyone above 100 power. The other team? All 200 power (equivalent to 400 LL in Destiny 1).

But my God is this game absolutely beautiful. The soundtrack is god tier stuff. I'm playing it with a Gold headset (too broke for a Platinum headset, but Platinum hunters like me probably need that....) and it's incredible. I forgot the mission but the soundtrack for it about made me cry.

I love the banter between Devrim and Savaya although Devrim Kay is too "I'm upper crust English" stereotype at times for me. His only defining characteristic is 'I'm British!' while Hawthorne is a more well-rounded character. Just unlocked the second world.

I want to Platinum this fast. Got a Heroic Public Event trophy without really trying. Problem is Leviathan raid is not open yet.

We finished the main story yesterday. We've played for around 15 hours total. Despite that, all the maps are still covered with things to do. Adventures, quests and I've still not started any patrols. It's so much better than the original. It's the same addictive gameplay, only with actual things to do.

It looks great and the music is amazing.

I'm curious as to where they go with the raid.

By the time we'd done the story I'd unlocked all 3 subclasses, hit level 20 and sitting on 208 light. I've since powered up to 220. The goal is to crack 230 to give the Nightfall a try.

Is it just me or is there no way of selecting strikes? They only seem available in a random playlist. Unless I'm missing something, hopefully that changes in an update.

I don't know if it was just luck but I'm guessing it's because the game is flooded with new players but I cleaned up in the crucible. We only played a few games but my ratio never dropped below 2.0 and in one game we mercyed them before I even died. Time to pad those records before everyone realises how to play!

I was realizing last night that taking a break from the original Destiny actually ended up helping.

I am super exciting to be doing everything again. I spent like 10 minutes hooting and hollering as I was completing public events because it had been so long since I had done things like that.

One of my friends did say that they do kinda feel like the last three years was spent beta testing for this game

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am super exciting to be doing everything again.

I am on the opposite end of that spectrum.  I slugged through Destiny on 360 almost solo after everyone else in the DVDVR unit bounced to Destiny on XB1 so between that and general Bungie mismanagement bullshit, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the waning days of the original game.

I'm in no hurry to jump back in.

I think God is secretly protecting me through financial trials since my boo told me that the flatscreen in the loft is now kaput, so D2 will have to wait until after I get this new 50" Vizio LED I just made a down payment on at WalMart off of layaway.

And there is also the matter of this sleeper sofa we're getting from Value City in prep for the family rush at Christmas.

Naturally, the forces of tempation will rally and stuff a little extra loot in my pockets since I am due a cash award in my pay check next Thursday thanks to my quick resolution of a database issue during the previous exercise.

Yeah - the game is that good that you should be playing it

However - since it is Destiny you can probably wait till the first DLC drops (and since all the details about that are already coming out, it wouldn't surprise me if it drops before Xmas to spur holiday buying)

I also could just see the game being one of the featured Black Friday sales this year

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - the game is that good that you should be playing it

However - since it is Destiny you can probably wait till the first DLC drops (and since all the details about that are already coming out, it wouldn't surprise me if it drops before Xmas to spur holiday buying)

I also could just see the game being one of the featured Black Friday sales this year

Knowing me, I probably won't wait until the holidays to make a move. 

It would definitely be more economical for someone to gift me D2, but I'd like to be in raiding form before the first DLC drops.

I will just have to be smart about the budget and pounce at the first opportunity.

All may be forgiven the first time I see my Hunter homie with skull face paint again in a cutscene

I think the shader fiasco is much ado about nothing.  The game literally throws shaders at you like moon pies at Mardi Gras.  By the end of the main story alone, my inventory was flooded with stacks of the damn things.

My guess is a lot of dumb people wasted their early shaders on gear that they out-leveled 10 minutes later and got mad at themselves.

11 minutes ago, EVA said:

I think the shader fiasco is much ado about nothing.  The game literally throws shaders at you like moon pies at Mardi Gras.  By the end of the main story alone, my inventory was flooded with stacks of the damn things.

I was pondering whether or not this was a case of people whining or if it was a legit gripe, and then I remembered how the first Vault of Glass raid went down (there is a picture of Atheon beside the word "frustration" in Webster's Dictionary) and how thrilled I was when the Corpsewhite shader dropped for me for the first time.

I wore that shader for months.  I looked totally fucking boss in all white while wearing the Skull of Ahamkara gauntlets and the Dustwalker Cloak.  I AM THE DEATH THAT WALKS~!

If I had to do the VoG everytime I wanted a the chance to obtain another Corpsewhite shader to use on another armor piece, I'd have been really pissed off.

I wouldn't really give a shit about common or uncommon shaders because most of those things were ugly looking anyway hence the high drop rate. 

I'd be more concerned about the shaders that felt just as much like true rewards as raid gear did that actually had decent color scheme and had ridiculously low drop percetages.  I almost threw a fucking party when I got my first Dead Orbit shader.  It took months of effort..

Well, the raid isn't out yet, so we don't know how shader drops are going to work there, but going by everything else I've seen so far, I'm guessing it's going to be pretty generous.  "Generous as fuck" seems to be the new motto at Bungie.

And shaders drop in packs of 3 and 5, so it's not going to be a situation where, you know, you can only make your boots look Glowhoo or whatever.

8 minutes ago, EVA said:

Well, the raid isn't out yet, so we don't know how shader drops are going to work there, but going by everything else I've seen so far, I'm guessing it's going to be pretty generous.  "Generous as fuck" seems to be the new motto at Bungie.

And shaders drop in packs of 3 and 5, so it's not going to be a situation where, you know, you can only make your boots look Glowhoo or whatever.

If that is the case, then it does indeed sound like a lot of bitching and moaning and the logical thing to do is keep your stacks of your favorite shader in your inventory until you get a full set of the armor you've been jonesing for and then you go play dress up.

• Like 1

In the Kotaku story about it yesterday it also made sure to point out that a lot of it was tied to buying things through Eververse because any Microtransaction immediately makes the game evil (per modern gamers)

I WANT ALL MY EMOTES FOR FREE!!! FUCK YOU BUNGIE!!!

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If that is the case, then it does indeed sound like a lot of bitching and moaning and the logical thing to do is keep your stacks of your favorite shader in your inventory until you get a full set of the armor you've been jonesing for and then you go play dress up.

Exactly!

Like I said, I'm certain 90% of the complaining is coming from people who burned through their stacks on low-level gear that they shredded 10 minutes later and regret it, and they've gotta be mad at somebody besides themselves, so it's Bungie's fault.