DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

The beta has been extended until Tuesday 6PMish PDT. I didn't get on at all today so that will give me time to knock out the opening mission and strike on the Hunter. Not that there is anything to be achieved from doing it on all 3 characters, i think Bungie said nothing carries over but it'll be nice to test it out.

Anyone take a look at The Farm? It was only open for an hour today but i was away so i couldn't play around.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 3:49 PM, Basara said:

The beta has been extended until Tuesday 6PMish PDT. I didn't get on at all today so that will give me time to knock out the opening mission and strike on the Hunter. Not that there is anything to be achieved from doing it on all 3 characters, i think Bungie said nothing carries over but it'll be nice to test it out.

Anyone take a look at The Farm? It was only open for an hour today but i was away so i couldn't play around.

I did and took some caps that I will upload later.   I got up this morning and threw together the boss fight from the strike.  

Had my last go around on the beta tonight since i wont get on there tomorrow. Knocked out the Hunter mission just to try out the new staff and exotic hand cannon then we jumped into the Crucible to finish the night off.

We tried competitive. It's very competitive. We couldn't compete. Back into control for some mixed success but i'm happy with the game with retired on. Close all the way, all tied up at 75-75 with 3 seconds left. Timer hits zero and we await the draw screen. Turns out Destiny 2 has sudden death overtime. I got the final kill and between me and my friend we got 51 of the 76 kills. I'm happy to call it a night there and await the full thing in September.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, misanthrope304 said:

so do you want me to migrate the DVDR clan over, or just let it go to a group? 

I would migrate it over

How many folks still play I don't know but it would be nice to have

Are you guys on XBONE or PS4? I have a clan already but since I left the job I met them in we don't really talk.

Edit: Post number 400! I thought i'd made thousands of posts. Maybe that's just how it feels for you guys having to read them.

Edited by Adam

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

We are XBONE but I thought the clan spanned all consoles (I might be confusing with GTA V)

The Destiny Clan system spans all consoles per se.  You have to set up console specific rosters within the same clan.

I've stayed away from most of the in game footage just to go in at least somewhat blind and not get caught up in the hype. Gotta admit though, the excitement is starting to creep in. Weirdly i don't remember seeing any Hive in anything I've watched so far. I get that this is the Cabals dance but Fallen and Vex are all over the trailers and beta. 

I saw the other day that the trophy list had been released and there's only 14 to get. I didn't read any specifics but either the list is missing some, there are some incredibly gindy ones, or the raid will be ridiculously hard. Just seems a very small number compared to the original Destiny. I think it had like 50?

Which site has a good write up about the differences between 1 and 2? I read Polygon's because it made it sound like it would really delve into everything that's new or different and I wound up thinking the article was short on details. Just trying to make that final decision to be an early adopter or if I should wait and see.