DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Quite true as I would be a dumb ass for falling prey to old traps like spending hundreds of dollars for DLC because the basic game mechanics get fucked with every six months when new content drops.

It bugs me that a game that is pretty much the perfect reason to actually talk to your friends online or the means to kill time until you can talk to your friends online costs so fucking much to play.

At the height of our Destiny play, we used to crash Xbox Party live chats because we were a shitload of people online at the same time actually being sociable..  That's the most important contribution this game makes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will get to be a Hunter with an electrified kung fu staff?

GAME ON~!

I hear gunslinger has 6 shots.  I haven't checked it myself.  #seemslegit Kinda busy uploading part 2....part 3 will be major spoilerz - I will *MARK it as such, but you've been warned

Edited by misanthrope304
#fuckmyphone

Are there any "secrets" to find during the mission?

I didn't bother to go searching in corners or anything like for dead ghosts, etc...

I don't think there are but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Are there any "secrets" to find during the mission?

I didn't bother to go searching in corners or anything like for dead ghosts, etc...

I don't think there are but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask

Does a whistle protocol that was #broken for 3 years count as a secret or Easter egg?  As far as ghosts go, i haven't found any.

Part 3 is uploading to Xbox now, YouTube shortly.

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And fuck you and your sniper rifle mis

I had a shotgun and a grenade launcher

Boo... well mainly to the grenade launcher

anigif_enhanced-7640-1443130343-2.gif

I think I started out with it as a hunter.  

I didn't get a shotgun until my Titan (as seen below).

That being said, I do have a sniper rifle  (copperhead maybe?) on my Titan (as seen below)  that I got as a drop in crucible last night.

Part 3~!!

Spoiler

My HUNTER didn't die.  He did some HUNTER shit and got away.

My TITAN is fucked though...

Edited by misanthrope304
Part 3~!!

Moral of the story, play crucible if you are looking for drops.  

I've gotten a piece of armor and a weapon from the strike, but it takes about 20 minutes (depending on randoms) give or take.  The crucible seems more econimical time-wise for drops.  

I believe there is only a set number of weapons that can drop right now anyway, and some might be more class specific (titan starts with a shotty, Hunter is a sniper, warlock is...fuck warlocks who cares)

18 hours ago, misanthrope304 said:

I hear gunslinger has 6 shots.  I haven't checked it myself.  #seemslegit Kinda busy uploading part 2....part 3 will be major spoilerz - I will get as such, but you've been warned

gunslinger is now 6 shots, and the animation is from The Last Word
Edited by misanthrope304
Pasted screenshot link instead of vid link

So apparently - the PvE stuff in the Beta is really really old and Bungie has already made a bunch of changes to it for the actual game

The PVE game tuning has changed pretty significantly since the Beta build was deployed. The nature of a Beta of this scale requires that it’s based off a build of the game that is now months old. So, in many cases, your feedback is helping us validate changes that were previously made based on internal feedback and playtesting. For example, we too felt that ammo (especially power ammo) was too scarce in PvE. In addition to returning the drop rates, we built a system that guarantees power ammo drops for you and your Fireteam from certain enemies, giving power weapons a more reliable and predictable role in your arsenal. Other areas where we’ve made significant tuning changes include grenade effectiveness in PvE, Boss vitality, and weapon damage against non-player combatants.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46077/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--07202017

Knocked out a good few hours of Crucible tonight. I was inconsistent at best. We'd either absolutely murder them, or get our asses kicked. A few things i picked up on while player:

When Hand Cannons were the meta back in Destiny i hardly ever used them, just couldn't get on with them (outside of Thorn). Now no one seems to be using them in the beta i am wrecking with them. I think maybe it's because of the smaller map. They do a ton of damage up close, and there are a lot of close range engagements at the moment. I don't have the consistency with an auto rifle that most people seem to be using but i was doing just fine once i settled on a hand cannon.

Heavy seems next to useless at the moment. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've actually been killed by a heavy weapon. My biggest problem is shotguns falling under that class. I was never the guy to basically use one as a primary but they were my go to weapon for close range, especially in something like control. It's taking some getting used to now they are gone. Even in PVE i'm noticing it's not there anymore.

Melee attacks in the Crucible are useless. Completely useless now.

In other news, the beta may have inadvertently saved my PS account. I was playing in offline mode and at the end of the night as i was about to turn the console off i noticed it had a message under my status saying i couldn't appear offline as i was logged into another account. I don't own any other Sony products and were't logged in on my phone or anything on the PC. So i changed my password, set up 2 step verification and had it kick every device logged in just in case. 

• Like 1

I feel like I had my best night in the new Crucible so far.  My team even won a Countdown match!  And we were down 3 vs 4 the last 2 rounds!  Abilities still suck, but I'm starting to get the hang of gunplay.  Fusion rifles are suddenly dope!

I've found the most useful ability on my warlock is the Voidwalkder perk where you hold down the grenade button to sacrifice Super energy in order to add power to the grenade.  It's a good tradeoff considering Supers are so rare anyway, and if you're fortunate enough to score a kill with that grenade, you get a big bump in Super charge.