DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I don't think the lore is going anywhere.  It's just going to be in the game like every other game in the world that has collectibles that unlock journal entries, audio logs, etc.

yeah, wasn't there a 'lore' button on the menu in some of the screenshots they've released? I'm sure there will still be things to collect and scan, just that you will be able to access them in game rather than having to use an outside source.

15 minutes ago, Basara said:

yeah, wasn't there a 'lore' button on the menu in some of the screenshots they've released? I'm sure there will still be things to collect and scan, just that you will be able to access them in game rather than having to use an outside source.

Yes there was

XUd3Co2.jpg

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But I am assuming Awok is Awoken

I was being quasi-facetious and making fun of the truncated spelling in the new game HUD.

The battle rifle that Warlock has is pretty badass.

I also just remembered that the Queen of the Reef is dead.  I know the new story will have a mission where I go beg her brother for help fighting against the Cabal and it will infuriate me.

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try to finish the DLC or just start afresh with Destiny 2.

Also that picture RIPPA posted makes me feel like a complete dumbass. For the last 2 years I have just assumed there was no way to actually view the lore in game. If I start playing again I can't even say how much of it will just be me trying to read the lore.

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and try to finish the DLC or just start afresh with Destiny 2.

Also that picture RIPPA posted makes me feel like a complete dumbass. For the last 2 years I have just assumed there was no way to actually view the lore in game. If I start playing again I can't even say how much of it will just be me trying to read the lore.

You still cant view lore in game for Destiny 1, that's a new feature for Destiny 2.

As for finishing the DLC, how far have you got? If you own it all up to Rise of Iron then the story missions are still worth playing and don't take too long to beat. They got a whole lot better from The Taken King onward. I'd say there's maybe 6 or so hours worth in the Taken King and a couple of hours worth in Rise of Iron. None of it looks like it will play a part in Destiny 2 though so it doesn't look to be essential. While your character will carry over none of your gear will so it's not like you need to be scrambling around collecting all the best weapons and exotics.

My brother bought me The Taken King edition so I have everything but Rise of Iron. Really only played through some of Taken King and House of Wolves. I'm thinking I will just start fresh.

• 2 weeks later...

PCGamer has a new interview with Luke Smith that I am too lazy to link to.  Some interesting stuff.

Of most interest:  PVE/PVP balancing will continue to be linked, but they now have the means to adjust individual weapons, as opposed to tinkering with entire archetypes because of one problematic gun.

Tthe Sentinel titan will still have the Ward of Dawn (yay!).  Sunsinger self-res is still 1000% dead, though.  Also, Arcstrider will not have any of Bladedancer's invis abilities.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

He played on PS4 as do the UUDD guys that ran with him, so we'd never run into them.

I don't see how that makes my statement less valid

Unless you are calling him a COWARD~! then I back your play

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Unless you are calling him a COWARD~! then I back your play

This.

The most famous person I've ever gunned down in the Crucible was a Bungie developer. 

I'd love to go clan vs clan with Show and his UUDD buddies in the Iron Banner. 

Let's see if you're as good as you say you are, Paul..

• Like 1

I still don't understand how Show or guys like him can use any game controller other than the old Duke controller for the Xbox. Do they make a larger Xbone controller?

• Like 1

Some of the other random Destiny 2 news that has come out (mostly from an interview with Luke Smith)

- The team who made Taken King are the folks who are making Destiny 2

- The Guided Games (or whatever the fuck that matchmaking thingy was called) is for Normal mode only. Heroic modes - you are still on your own to find people

- There will be fast travel so you can quickly get to public events (Like the Euro Dead Zone supposedly will have 3 different landing zones)

- Once a week there will be a "Flashpoint" which is basically one of those specific zones will have special features (special monsters, loot, etc...)

- There will not be Private Matches at launch

- No ranked PVP per se. There will be "something to show off your prowess" though

On 6/14/2017 at 11:07 AM, J.T. said:

This.

The most famous person I've ever gunned down in the Crucible was a Bungie developer. 

I'd love to go clan vs clan with Show and his UUDD buddies in the Iron Banner. 

Let's see if you're as good as you say you are, Paul..

I approve this message for Destiny and/or GTA.  Anytime Creed...f6cea530634afa9705b4ea28d4bea0b0.jpg

Show has nice trigger control though, i will give him that.  I can see that in the pic.  I kinda agree about the titans though, sorry Phil.  

What does bungie do to fix the fist of panic?  Make it a roaming super of course.   (Also, ward of dawn isn't completely gone.  There's a ghost in the machine.)  

The rest of his "prowess" talk is the speech of a broken man.  

To quote a legend of the squared-circle: "I break this jabroni back, fuck him in the ass, make him HUMBLE!"

I'm video games at least...irl, Show could work me like a sock puppet with minimal effort on his part, while I do everything in my power to prevent said sock puppetage from occurring.

I will be honest though, i havent been gaming or online much for that matter. Im super rusty at gaming, especially pvp.  Ive been gardening.  It is very zen.  I pulled my 1st yellow squash from the vine earlier today.

• Like 1

Destiny 2 will memorialize players’ achievements in Destiny with at least seven emblems. Four of them are impossible to get now if you haven’t already obtained them, since they correspond to accomplishments from the game’s first two years of life (September 2014 to September 2016). But you’ve still got a few weeks for the other three.

Laurel Triumphant: You completed a Moment of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.
Laurea Prima II: You completed all 10 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.
Slayer of Oryx: You owned The Taken King and completed a Moment of Triumph during Destiny’s second year.
Heard the Call: You owned The Taken King and completed all 8 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s second year.
Young Wolf: You owned Rise of Iron and reached Rank 2 in the Age of Triumph record book.
Saladin’s Pride: You owned Rise of Iron and reached Rank 7 in the Age of Triumph record book.
Lore Scholar: Your achieved a Grimoire score of over 5,000 in Destiny 1.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/22/15857930/destiny-2-emblems-record-book-accomplishments

Also - you have to have done all your shit pre-Aug 1 (that what they are going to be basing Destiny 2 on - you can still play Destiny beyond that)

Also, Also - there are other final dates in the story too (last Iron Banner, last Trials, etc...)

Also, Also, Also - XBOX users will finally get all PS exclusive content for the original Destiny sometime in October.