DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Except for shotguns (because you have to get so close), lumping all the weapons that have the ability to OHK into the same class makes a lot of sense to me, actually.  But even then, if you didn't include shotguns...everyone would carry a shotgun as one of their primaries and it would be the blink/slide/rush shotgun meta driving everyone insane again.

so I'd be for it, assuming heavy drops more frequently, as the leak suggests.

I just don't see the need for two primaries

I get they want a plain and then an elemental but I would much rather have a wild card slot

At least I never embraced Blade Dancing

Void "Captain America" does have my interest

Well, everyone's finally getting what they always wanted with matchmaking for all modes, as well as an in-game LFG system.

I thought everything about this looked awesome.

While I'm not at all surprised to see Sunsinger altered to do away with the self-res super that allowed for SO MUCH cheese, I find it strange that Defender has lost the Ward of Dawn.  The bubble was such an integral part of raid strategy.

I did notice that every subclass has 3 abilities in addition to their super now: the old faithful grenade and melee, plus a new passive/support ability.  Sunsinger has something called "rift" that casts a sigil on the ground and seems to give some kind of buff while standing on it (similar to Ward of Dawn but without the shield, I guess).  Defender creates a wall in front of him that he can shoot over.  Didn't see what the Bladedancer's was.

Also, this doesn't look that much different than vanilla Destiny. The biggest improvement to me is the new grouping system. 

Hell, it actually sounds like a step back with PVP being capped to 4v4. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Snipers and Shotguns being lumped in with RPGs is some bullshit

This shit right here. This one pisses me off. There is a massive difference between these and weapons that can take out groups of enemies at once. This kind of screws me over as someone who prefers to snipe in basically every action type of game since you also occasionally need something to take out groups in these things as well.

Oh, goddammit.  There would be an attack on The City to push my button of protective outrage.

Let me go clean my hand cannon and find my good cloak (rips and tears add character) and I'll see you fuckers on the other side.

17 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hell, it actually sounds like a step back with PVP being capped to 4v4. 

Sounds like a step up actually.  You can carry grognards if it is 6X6, but small teams separate the men from the boys.

Crucible PvP will definitely favor coordinated teams from here on out.

The fact that you can carry over your character (not your level or loot) as long as you hit level 20 and finished the Black Garden means that I probably will but ANOTHER copy of the original game this summer

I love punching myself in the dick

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The fact that you can carry over your character (not your level or loot) as long as you hit level 20 and finished the Black Garden means that I probably will but ANOTHER copy of the original game this summer.

Unless they plan on purging the old characters, why in the name of all things holy are you going to do that dumb shit?

I just checked my Bungie profile and my Hunter and Warlock are still out there in all of their pre Iron glory so my Baron Samedi Hunter should be available for return to duty.

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because I never finished Black Garden with my Hunter

God, if your Hunter wasn't your favorite toon, why worry about it?

Levels and loot won't carry over, so just make a new one.

I like that the man more OCD than me is telling me not to worry about it

I kinda sorta also want to play through the story parts I haven't yet and Youtube videos aren't the same

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like that the man more OCD than me is telling me not to worry about it

I know when to cut bait when it comes to pure data, though. 

I'll bet you have way more autosaves than me on your Andromeda playthrough.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I kinda sorta also want to play through the story parts I haven't yet and Youtube videos aren't the same

You have played through these story parts on another character, right?  

I'm all good because I've experienced the nearly all of the story with my Hunter main and really don't give a rat's ass about Rise Of Iron.

I'm all ready for Destiny 2 and will depend on Codex to get me up to speed.

No I never got the last DLC so I have no idea what happened with any of that - that was the story stuff I was talking about

Plus I am going to be really honest - there is zero chance Andromeda is going to hold my interest all summer so stupidly playing Destiny instead of my pile of shame sounds exactly like something I would do

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Plus I am going to be really honest - there is zero chance Andromeda is going to hold my interest all summer so stupidly playing Destiny instead of my pile of shame sounds exactly like something I would do

Ditto.  Andromeda multiplayer doesn't fill me with a sense of urgency now that there is no Galactic Readiness death clock ticking away.

Since the only things carrying over to D2 are toons and plot and my Hunter main liberated the Black Garden ages ago, I can pretty much consider myself to be all caught up.

On 5/19/2017 at 8:43 PM, Eivion said:

So will DVDVR clans for PS4 and X1 be formed?

If the old clans don't carry over, we'll set up new ones.

I have mixed feelings about the decision to ditch the Grimoire in D2.

1. I liked the Grimoire because I am a lore geek and read the cards.  I also think that collecting Grimoire helped foster exploration of the game world.
  2. Keeping your lore out of the game world led to lazy story development.  It also led to exclusion when choosing players for raid parties since one of the litumus tests of how good of a player you were was how high your Grimoire Score was.  Now I'm curious about how PvP matchmaking will work without a front end ranking system.