DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Did all that crap to get my armor at Majestic or whatever the hell comes after it. Not bothering with the glow stuff. That just seems like unnecessary work. 

Yeah - I got mine last night.

I am sure I will get the Mark done since that is just Altars of Sorrow clears.

And obviously a Nightmare Hunt is easy if it allows you to do the base level

I might - MIGHT - join some randos for the Pit of Heresy since I still have quests for there but I can't imagine ever doing Trials

Huh, did mine last night as well. And yeah those are the ones I might get done. I've been wanting to run PoH again anyways along with finally doing Prophecy at some point as well. Trials isn't an impossibility, but it ain't likely either. Besides the leg armor is the shit I probably would never wear anyways since that is usually the exotic armor I'm using for my Hunter.

Just saw a video about today's twab.

Gambit is getting minor tweaks, but it sounds like it will mostly be the same. Bastards are too lazy to even spring for a new map. Whats odd though is the maps they are retiring are the ones for the Dreaming City & Tangled Shore. Why they aren't vaulting the Titan & mars maps I have no idea.

Every exotic that has a location gettign vaulted will seemingly be available via kiosk in the City sans Whisper & Outbreak Perfected. No, with those they want players to suffer for them and are seemingly trying to find some sort of new quests for them in Year 4. This one annoys me but not too much.

What I do find to be some straight up bs though is apparently is they are vaulting catalysts for some of the weapons. You can still use them if you have them completed, but you will no longer be able to find them if you haven't done so yet or being able to finish them if you haven't done that yet.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

What kind of exploit could an emote cause?

Basically if you used any emote with a hologram and then immediately used the coin flip right before entering a loading zone (immediately before entering a loading zone) - you would become invisible to enemies so you could damage them and they would never fire a shot at you. So of course people were doing it to solo all the hard level content.

The video I watched showed it working in a Lost Sector and the Pit of Heresy

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 4:54 PM, RIPPA said:

I might - MIGHT - join some randos for the Pit of Heresy since I still have quests for there but I can't imagine ever doing Trials

Pit of Heresy is dirt simple when you have a decent guide.  It's probably best to have a Hunter running bottom tree Nightstalker so that he can invis the entire fireteam while you are running the Ogre Maze.  

If you are going to do the full Pit run, you may as well go ahead and get your Xenophage quest done.

I am so happy I don't worry about this kind of shit anymore.

Just now, RIPPA said:

Basically if you used any emote with a hologram and then immediately used the coin flip right before entering a loading zone (immediately before entering a loading zone) - you would become invisible to enemies so you could damage them and they would never fire a shot at you. So of course people were doing it to solo all the hard level content.

The video I watched showed it working in a Lost Sector and the Pit of Heresy

Yep.  One of my homies that got back into D2 said that people were using the bug to get triumph for soloing the Pit.

Mainly because Bungie made it dirt simple to do on a second character - I decided to get my Solstice armor on my Warlock too.

It is legit the first content I have played with her since like Season 4??? (I mean I still have Cayde's Will as one of my quests)

But yeah - in one hour I had completed 2 of the pieces of armor already and am like 80% on all the rest.

I will probably triumph hunt with her on and off until Nov since there really isn't anything else to do. I have already been able to wean myself off of playing every day.

How ironic.  It comes out exactly on my birthday.

Holy fuck, but I am glad I won't be in the Crucible when the new sub-classes break it.

Farewell, Exo Stranger.  I held out for as long as I could.

It would nicer if they weren't two years late with that just before the planet is gettign vaulted no less.

Forgot to post this. Thought it was interesting, specifically since Aztec admits to some stuff Bungie told him and other youtubers a good year ago. It sort of explains some of the changes a bit.

Got my Majestic armor with my Warlock yesterday.

As I said - probably will end up playing with her a little more just to fill time.

I finally "unlocked" the moon with her - which again, made me chuckle that I knew did so

On 8/29/2020 at 9:49 PM, Eivion said:

It would nicer if they weren't two years late with that just before the planet is gettign vaulted no less.

They at least admitted the only reason is because there was suddenly a huge uptick in people trying to get things done that were going to be going away.

And even then - they can't truly fix it since the internal checklist basically needs to be reset for the fix to work so I might still have to do every single one first before getting it again

Saw a couple of videos from Datto and Mtashed talking about it. It all sounds interesting with the potential to have some slight more uniqueness in abilities. Feels kind of broke though with the Light based subclasses getting left behind in customization.

Traveler's Chosen quest is available to be finished up.

Basically go to the 4 planets that are leaving and do a special strike, heroic adventure and something else. You get Nightfall weapons as you go through the quest.

The strikes aren't insane versions - just require you to kill some special enemies so for a couple of strikes you need to make sure you kill everything instead of just racing through