DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I have been trying to solo Whisper

On my last run, I finally was able to at least make it to the last room so I am getting better.

I wouldn't say I have the platforming part down cold as funnily the initial jump is still a killer for me and I had been running the lost sector (way easier now since they removed the enemies). I finally nailed the shortcut jump a couple of times in a row so that was good.

I am thinking the reason my Winterhoard doesn't melt things like I see in all the videos I watch is because I don't have the catalyst done yet. So I might finish grinding that before trying again

Didn't think about it until you mentioned the Whisper mission, but its kind of amazingly dickish that they decided to finally give Hunters an ability that helps them with platforming just after the Whisper mission is likely to be rendered unavailable.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Didn't think about it until you mentioned the Whisper mission, but its kind of amazingly dickish that they decided to finally give Hunters an ability that helps them with platforming just after the Whisper mission is likely to be rendered unavailable.

I am being trolled by Bungie.  I honestly believe they deliberately waited until after I quit before deciding to fix Hunter jumps.

I hate them all.

Edited by J.T.

Got the catalysts for both Winterhoard and Tommy's Matchbook (almost at the same exact time - since the both came in the same Crucible match)

Finished grinding the Trinity Ghoul catalyst and now working on Ruinous Effigy (since that is an even better weapon to use in Whisper apparently - at least if it is a Void week).

It is so easy now to grind catalysts in Trostland and the Enemies pretty much never stop moving against each other

Ruinous Effigy catalyst done.

Went a lot quicker when I realized that you get more progress for shooting the Eyes than killing enemies

The irony of ironies is that I had my best run at the jumping puzzle part of the Whisper mission getting the 5 eyes in there then I do when actually trying it

Have upped my time to when I can reach the final room in the Whisper mission. Still don't know if I am gonna be able to solo this.

I should hit up a LFG but part of me really wants to say that I actually did something with my life

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Have upped my time to when I can reach the final room in the Whisper mission. Still don't know if I am gonna be able to solo this.

I should hit up a LFG but part of me really wants to say that I actually did something with my life

There are plenty of guys out there offering free Whisper carry jobs.  The thing that you can say that you did with your life is that you were wise enough not to torture yourself over some dumb game.

God, I am glad I don't deal with this shit anymore.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am gonna giggle when Cyberpunk ruins your life

I am sure it will destroy hours like Ghosts of Tsushima and Dragon's Dogma are doing right now, but at least I'll be able to save and pause the game at my own discretion. 

You know that Aaron is playing DD now, right?  I had to warn him not to throw his starter items away.

Edited by J.T.

Did you let all the Destiny folks on your friends list know you hate the game now?

For some reason I thought about that the other day when thinking about the dude who dragged us through Zero Hero

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did you let all the Destiny folks on your friends list know you hate the game now?

For some reason I thought about that the other day when thinking about the dude who dragged us through Zero Hero

Most of them quit before I did.  Bird of Prey (my British internet nephew that dragged us through Zero Hour) mostly plays PUBG and Fortnite now.  His clan broke up over dumb shit during a Garden raid.

He doesn't have a PS4 so he's not pouring hours into Ghost like I am and spending his time poisoning Mongols.

Edited by J.T.

Basically the same thing as last year

The final steps on the armor are

• Complete a Nightfall Ordeal on the Master difficulty.
  • Complete a Nightmare Hunt.
  • Complete Pit of Heresy.
  • Win seven Trials of Osiris matches. (Not on a single Passage)
  • Complete a Tier 5 Altar of Sorrow three times.

So most of them I won't be doing but all it does is unlock a glow on the armor (and it can be completed after the Solstice ends)

Yeah I doubt I will be doing much of that.

Finished my IB bounties last night. The final two are always annoying as it seems to be when I suddenly either play terrible personally and/or with shitty teams. Generally though I think I did ok this time around compared to my usual IB runs.

I legit haven't played since Tuesday night

I will definitely do the Interference mission this week but part of me is wondering if I even want to deal with the IB bullshit this go around

Its not shocking with their attention likely being focused on Beyond Light. Still wonderfully lazy of them. The thing is Solstice has never really been all that good or different in D2. All last year did was add the EAZ. Stuff like the armor requirements were always annoying to deal with.

Edited by Eivion

Yeah - its basically a month of wearing the shit armor because you have to generate elemental orbs.

I only ran the EAZ once because I focused on doing Gambit

And I have been so busy with work today - I haven't played since.

My apologies to the bounties that I picked up and now will never finish