DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

EDIT - It appears to also be related to that bug where you don't get progress for matches completed, etc. and apparently dmg said (either on Twitter or Reddit) that the earliest they can fix it is the Fall

They would've fixed it just in time for me not to give a shit now that 2077 is pushed back to Thanskgiving which will give me more time to play Avengers.

Haven't tried out IB yet, but so far the lack of SBMM so far has been decent for me in Crucible. I'm getting a lot more kills on the average. Its making me wonder if I was technically better than I assumed and was just getting matched against the better players more often in the previous settings. Could just be chance. No idea. In truth while I have been playing a decent enough of D2 with the new DLC, I've been focusing my time on story and upping power. I've pretty much given up on the pinnacle quests as they are all kind of worthless now due to sun setting. For those shader bounties I'm just sort of hoping I do enough for them to finish out by the time the season ends. If not, oh well I guess.

Yeah - I haven't played a single round of Survival since they announced sun setting.

I did play Menagerie last week since that was part of the Quest. That might have been the first time I had done so in three seasons.

I decided that I will probably due it enough now to upgrade my opulent gear just to have it

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I haven't played a single round of Survival since they announced sun setting.

I did play Menagerie last week since that was part of the Quest. That might have been the first time I had done so in three seasons.

I decided that I will probably due it enough now to upgrade my opulent gear just to have it

Ran Menagerie twice due to the quest. I think I was the same having not done it in 3 seasons. I actually don;t dislike it. I had just gotten what I need from it.

Opulent Gear should be sun setting this season so may just want to leave it alone unless you just enjoy Menagerie. 

On the other hand I did some random EP and discovered the gear there will last until the end of next season at least. Kind of debating whether or not to get it. I actually do like the look of some it. I may just try to get a full set so I can use it for transmogrification whenever that is available.

Apparently PvP hit an all time high for D2 this past week. Some suspect the lack of SBMM is the reason why. 

Can't lie the lack of SBMM has probably helped me. I actually hit an all time high with 38 kills in one of my last two games.

I think every match I played had two guys in the high 30s and multiple guys at 6 or less

Now I was I also playing IB where you had folks near/at max LL vs people like me who are at 1045

I will play regular crucible today and see if I notice a difference 

Yeah Moments of Triumph are probably gonna irritate the piss out of me.

That being said - removing the weekly reward limits on all the raids says to me I might be able to find people to carry me in a couple

Wow, that was fast. I just watched a video on that one an hour ago saying people should try to get it in before they change things.

EDIT: Just did this week's interference mission. Actually pushes things forward a tad. I'm starting to think you may be onto something about Zavala and Eris being a thing.

Edited by Eivion

It is frustrating that after like two seasons of nothing - they are dumping all this story content into one season.

I mean I am happy we are getting all this content but instead of racing to like 5 planets in one hour they could have spread it over seasons (or at least weeks)

And I am not even getting into all the story shit that is getting buried in the lore (that also doesn't seem to be acknowledged in game)

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm bummed to hear about the brand new lore in the game but I am still glad that D2 is not destroying my free time anymore.

You could spend a hour reading all the lore and have a better understanding of what is going on than the actual players of the game

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You could spend a hour reading all the lore and have a better understanding of what is going on than the actual players of the game

I am probably one of the few players that would take the time to do it since I am one of those idiots that craves immersion and does things within the context of the game world.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is frustrating that after like two seasons of nothing - they are dumping all this story content into one season.

I mean I am happy we are getting all this content but instead of racing to like 5 planets in one hour they could have spread it over seasons (or at least weeks)

And I am not even getting into all the story shit that is getting buried in the lore (that also doesn't seem to be acknowledged in game)

It doesn't really feel like they are dumping much on us at all. Most of the truly interesting details are still behind the numerous lore tabs. The particular story we are getting right now would have made no sense drawn out in multiple seasons.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am probably one of the few players that would take the time to do it since I am one of those idiots that craves immersion and does things within the context of the game world.

I used to do this with pretty much every rpg I ran across that offered extra story in books, lore tabs, etc. Destiny is one of the few I just can't be bothered to do that with because there is just so damn much and its online. I can never do much other than the occasional skim on one or two things. I just started listening to a few of lore run through by Byf on yt. I will probably be doing mostly that in the future.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It doesn't really feel like they are dumping much on us at all. Most of the truly interesting details are still behind the numerous lore tabs. The particular story we are getting right now would have made no sense drawn out in multiple seasons.

My over arching point is that everything we are doing is tied into the main story that was established back when the season started. You could have easily made it so the pyramids start popping up across the system throughout every system as opposed to two seasons worth of Cabal nonsense. Or do it in conjunction (and more than just look at the blips on Rasputin's screen)

They could have easily added to each planet's missions/quests/etc...

I mean I still can't believe that they hired a new VO artist to redo all of Ana Bray's stuff just to be eliminating the entire plant/content. Oh and basically kill off Rasputin in the lore tabs

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My over arching point is that everything we are doing is tied into the main story that was established back when the season started. You could have easily made it so the pyramids start popping up across the system throughout every system as opposed to two seasons worth of Cabal nonsense. Or do it in conjunction (and more than just look at the blips on Rasputin's screen)

They could have easily added to each planet's missions/quests/etc...

I mean I still can't believe that they hired a new VO artist to redo all of Ana Bray's stuff just to be eliminating the entire plant/content. Oh and basically kill off Rasputin in the lore tabs

Considering the evac plans  I'm not sure it would have made sense to drag that out over the course of 2-3 seasons. Still I would have admittedly preferred it over the Cabal focused stories. I get that the general idea was to try and wrap up the Vex & Cabal stories so we could focus on this current stuff, but the execution was kind of lacking in making those stories from the previous three seasons interesting.

Rasputin isn't dead, and technically we saw him go down at the beginning of the season. It was just so damn anti-climatic the way it happened.

I forgot to mention the cock tease of Ikelos weapons dropping out of loot now

I thought “I can finally finish that seal!”

Nope has to be the original version

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I forgot to mention the cock tease of Ikelos weapons dropping out of loot now

I thought “I can finally finish that seal!”

Nope has to be the original version

Well, that is some shitty luck. I actually got a 2.0 Ikelos SMG last night from one of the engrams.

I got all the weapons as I was doing the weekly mission for Ana (I got real lucky with my engram drops)

So now I am just hoping the drop rates have increased so maybe I will get lucky the next time Mars is the Flashpoint

Haven't done Crucible this week, but I didn't have issues with Gambit except for when I died on the Mars arena. There was lag half time I revived, and I swear it didn't count my attacks when I invaded at all. I know I hit a few times so it was just weird.

Have to say its kind of shitty of them to give a masterworked Militia's Birthright as one of the quest rewards for these early Exodus missions knowing its sun setting with this season. Also could they really have not afforded to to hire the voice actors for some lines in these? Feels kind of cheap to not give us at least one last listen to them speaking lines when we know this stuff and the upcoming exotic version of the Exodus quest will be the last time we likely see any of these characters.

Edited by Eivion

I am still pissed that they are doing the "you might have the same exact weapon already but if you don't have the current season version it is sun setting" bullshit

Like I have a Last Perdition that has 1000s of kills on it but that one is capped but not the shit new ones I keep getting (same with Bad Omens)

Like if the point of sun setting is to get us to use new weapons - then these reskinned versions shouldn't be in the fucking weapon pool