DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Strowman's Day Off - 4/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, nate said:

Is it too much to ask that Strowman gets D.Bryan'd, and the fans force the WEEEE's hand into giving him the ball?

Considering how much that hurt the company, it's going to be a long time until that happens again

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

The fatal 4-way was kind rough, but I liked the general build of it and all of Alexa's moments with Nia were gold.

Yeah the four of them just never seemed to get it together but nice to see Alexa get the title shot. I've felt like the Raw women's division has been stale for some time so I welcome the new faces.

I might be the only one that doesn't mind at all the Hardys as they are now.  Everybody's so quick to go "Make them broken!" which I agree should happen.  But there's a story to be told in that their condition was tempered by winning tag gold, so as long as they have it they're good.  But if they can get the agreement worked out by Payback you can have them lose and that's when they can be broken again.  This is one of the rare times where I'm totally okay with the direction they're going with this.

The rest of the show was generally good.  Once somebody pointed out the lack of LED ring apron/posts the ring break was a foregone conclusion.  But it made me anticipate it more, especially with the teased spots earlier in the match.  Cone flying out and Braun standing tall were a tremendous way to cap off a very enjoyable hoss match.

If the E has any balls, they'd go all in on Braun. Put him over Reigns at Payback, put him over Lesnar at Summerslam. Both dudes can take the loss and it would make Strowman for life. Then build a classic underdog challenger for Mania. (And that's the only reason I hoped Sami would stay on Raw)

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So yeah - none of you are gonna wanna hear that (per Meltzer on the radio show last night) - the WWE's bigger priority is Baron Corbin not Braun

Laughably fake, Corbin hasn't even main evented a B-show while Strowman is tearing the house down on RAW.

That sounds so fake that i'd almost believe WWE leaked that just to fuck with Meltzer, and to find out who their mole is.

If you look at the way they've treated Big Show over the years it's clear Vince thinks guys that large will always be over based on mere presence. Braun's going to move up and down the card and be booked as a monster or a comedy character based on their needs at the time. There are probably some sobbing promo segments or New Years baby diapers in his future. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - WWE is negotiating with Anthem to work out a deal so they can use the Broken Hardy gimmick

I wonder how long the Broken gimmick will really last under Vince McMahon.  "Piano theme? Remix that shit with some Papa Roach!" "What's with the accent? Do you think we could put a head-dress on him and say he's from Syria?" "What's with this delete hand signal?  Looks like the Nazi salute.  Can we make him an unfrozen Nazi?" "This is dumb, get him some baggy jeans and a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off!"

Though it's been funny to watch Matt become less and less Broken since coming to WWE. 
At WM/first Raw: Shows up with the same outfit, but spray-tanned
At second Raw: Stops dipping into the semi-Broken accent, egging on the 'Deletes'
At third Raw: Combs hair back into old Hardy look.
At next Raw: Dyes his hair all black
At following Raw: Comes out with Lita
At Raw after that: Soul leaves body

• Like 2