DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Strowman's Day Off - 4/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Savior the greatest of Strowman now for the next 2 weeks when Reigns gets that win over him at Payback.  <_<

In Vince's mind: "Braun is so over right now it's going to make them love Roman when he beats him clean!"

In HHH's mind: "Die, old man, die."

• Like 12

I got home just in time for the main event because this undertaker works more than once a year. 

I figured they were going for the exploding ring spot the first time Braun went to the top rope. John Cone deserves a raise for that bump.

• Like 7

They kept teasing the ring destruction, and I was like it'll still be cool, but been there, done that.

It happened and it was, indeed, cool. Then Braun got up and I marked like a little kid.

Alexa vs Bayley? Yes please.

• Like 4

Most I've enjoyed Raw in awhile or at least the third hour picked things up. Alexa Bliss adds a lot, very fun four way. Great to see her finally get a big win again, though her losing to bayley is my nightmare. Hardy/Cesaro was pretty good stuff. Miz/Ambrose segment was fun, Ambrose showed some fire and Miz delivered as usual while Maryse continues to be amazing adding all the little things. Dig the main event even if it did feel a lot similar to their last match. Loved that they teased the superplex last time but didn't do it, then did it again here - twice before actually delivering it.

The fatal 4-way was kind rough, but I liked the general build of it and all of Alexa's moments with Nia were gold.

Like I said in the April discussion thread someone on WWE's creative has be watching this board because Miz completely called out Ambrose for same shit everyone was talking about there this weekend.

Roman/Brock is a match I really want to see again, but we really do need Strowman to murder Brock dead for the title. It makes so much more sense than anything else right now. That match with Show was so much fun, and Strowman is the first guy to get up and walk away from the ring implosion spot.

As soon as I saw they had the regular ring posts during the first match I knew something was up.

Booker T bingo was in full effect, including the new gem of "they know each other like a well oiled machine".

Kalisto now has now officially taken the job of "guy who constantly gets beat up backstage" away from Zach Ryder, who took it from Johnny Curtis, who took it from Heath Slater. Looks good on him. He had been doing it well for a while on SD, glad to see he's still doing an amazing job at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Anybody that hates Big Show vs Braun Strowman matches can eat a big one.  I absolutely love how they do moves they NEVER do except against each other.  I mean when have you seen Braun Strowman try a Ricky Steamboat arm drag 

Even without the crazy ending, I was loving that match. Awesome hoss vs. hoss match.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

would it be too simplistic to have Reigns bounce off of Strowman after attempting to spear him, like a dog bouncing off of a mailbox or something

Roman should crumble in a heap when he spears Braun, like Goldberg spearing Bret's steel plate.

• Like 4

Damn, you know John Cone got a round of applause and a cold beer soon as he came through Gorilla tonight. And for once Show's crying came off sincere. Need to see this match. 

Also, the stairs popping up out of nowhere totally made that ring implosion the best, besides Cone's bump. 

• Like 1

I had figured the ring collapsing was going to happen, but the fact that THIS time one of them was badass enough to get back up and be standing strong made it stand out and be awesome this time.

I really hope they call an audible and have Braun destroy Roman at Payback, be the one that destroys Brock at Summerslam for the title, and then Roman finally beats Braun at Wrestlemania next year...the crowd will still boo Roman, but I think it would mean so much more than both (a) having Roman win at Payback and (b) Roman beat Brock.

I know they have their heart set on having Roman win the battle of the "guys that came out the other side of the streak" but I really feel like having Roman beat "the guy that destroyed Brock and him prior" would be a bigger deal if built right.