DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Strowman's Day Off - 4/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Watching that, I had the feeling it was building towards them blowing up the ring, but I figured they wouldn't do that again.

Whelp. They did it again. And you know what? It was still really cool look.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!

I'm annoyed that I realized earlier that the LED Ringposts were missing.  Then when the main started, I realized that the LED Apron was not there either, so I figured the ring was going, still cool.

They're on to something with Strowman, but I'm not sure they realize it yet.

Anybody that hates Big Show vs Braun Strowman matches can eat a big one.  I absolutely love how they do moves they NEVER do except against each other.  I mean when have you seen Braun Strowman try a Ricky Steamboat arm drag  

John Cone had to not have know that was happening.  I mean why the fuck would you hold on to the ropes if you knew the ring is getting destroyed 

• Like 2

"You have a match with Roman at Payback"

"It will be his funeral!"

Between that and Braun casually dragging Kalisto around backstage and chucking him in a trash bin, I was thoroughly entertained.  Braun is like a caricature of a monster hoss from the 80s and in the best way possible.  Fairly certain the ref is dead.

Jericho's promo and the Drifter cameo amused me more than it probably should have.

The Cesaro/Jeff Hardy match was pretty good.

Other than that I don't remember much about this show.

• Like 2

Just now, hammerva said:

Anybody that hates Big Show vs Braun Strowman matches can eat a big one.  I absolutely love how they do moves they NEVER do except against each other.  I mean when have you seen Braun Strowman try a Ricky Steamboat arm drag  

John Cone had to not have know that was happening.  I mean why the fuck would you hold on to the ropes if you knew the ring is getting destroyed 

So you can take a crazy bump to sell it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm annoyed that I realized earlier that the LED Ringposts were missing.  Then when the main started, I realized that the LED Apron was not there either, so I figured the ring was going, still cool.

They're on to something with Strowman, but I'm not sure they realize it yet.

Tonight made me think that they actually are aware, otherwise why keep giving him these amazing moments each week? Dude is a highlight machine.

My biggest fear was that he would get so gassed in the match that he would throw up. He didn't though, so it's all good.

did anyone notice the young girl they showed who was biting her nails watching the main????   THAT is pro wrestling.  Pro wrestling is two larger than life motherfuckers beating the shit out of each other like Godzilla and Kong.  

BRAUN STROMAN.  There's money there Vince...  don't sleep 

• Like 5

Lost in the awesomeness that is Braun...

I'm finding the Hardys not that entertaining in a non-garbage match not being taped at their farm with drones and greenskeepers well-versed in massacre.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

did anyone notice the young girl they showed who was biting her nails watching the main????   THAT is pro wrestling.  Pro wrestling is two larger than life motherfuckers beating the shit out of each other like Godzilla and Kong.  

BRAUN STROMAN.  There's money there Vince...  don't sleep 

If you watch that really closely I think you'll find it's 70% popcorn burp. 

Still, amazing match!

• Like 1

Just now, Raziel403 said:

Lost in the awesomeness that is Braun...

I'm finding the Hardys not that entertaining in a non-garbage match not being taped at their farm with drones and greenskeepers well-versed in massacre.

The Broken stuff was a very smart way for them to cover up how broken their bodies are. It's a bit unfortunate that they now have to take a bunch of bumps and wrestle normal WWE style matches.

The only other big highlight tonight for me was:

- Alexa Bliss slaps Nia Jaxx in the face

- Alexa Bliss immediately looks her in the eye and says: "That wasn't me!"

- Me: "I am now in love with Alexa Bliss.

Guys, I think I finally get it with her!

• Like 17

Just now, hammerva said:

Savior the greatest of Strowman now for the next 2 weeks when Reigns gets that win over him at Payback.  <_<

That will happen.

If they're smart, Braun wins, then dethrones Brock when he decides to show up at SummerSlam, then Roman rebuilds to face Braun at Mania in the rubber match.

But this is WWE Creative.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Your Mania Main Event should be Roman vs Braun.  But that won't happen.

They called that shot way too soon.  Had they kept them apart until after WM, maybe built toward something for SummerSlam or Survivors Series, then cap it off at WM 34--it would have been great. A classic example of knowing when to keep two wrestlers apart until a real rivalry can be built.

• Like 1