DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Braun Strowman's Day Off - 4/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - WWE is negotiating with Anthem to work out a deal so they can use the Broken Hardy gimmick

Last time the WWE worked out a deal with TNA, they got a one time use of Christian. The Broken gimmick was the biggest money thing they've had in ages. I am willing to bet that Jerry McDevitt could talk them into taking 3 magic beans in exchange for the rights.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

Last time the WWE worked out a deal with TNA, they got a one time use of Christian. The Broken gimmick was the biggest money thing they've had in ages. I am willing to bet that Jerry McDevitt could talk them into taking 3 magic beans in exchange for the rights.

So long as those beans are worth $111,000 each, they'll take it.  See the Impact Omnibus thread for details.

• Like 2

Someone is going to come in here and say "Monsters are built up to be fed to the top face"  but here's the issue with Braun.  I believe he has more potential than to just be fed to others and especially when that top guy is Roman Reigns who is at best lukewarm.  

See, RAW was a good show last night and a lot of that is because Roman Reigns wasn't on it.  I like Roman but having the entire show revolve around him is a disaster and it makes everything else suffer. 

That's part of it too.  Anytime Stephanie is on screen is a chore to get through.  Same can be said for Hunter most nights even if the promos are "good" they are painfully boring at this point.  But Roman Reigns stale ass character weighs down everyone.   Seth Rollins is not much more tolerable than him either but at least his appearance was brief. Charlotte was quickly approaching Roman, Stephanie and Hunter territory.  I'm glad she's out of that division, I just hope SDL will make her more interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Charlotte was quickly approaching Roman, Stephanie and Hunter territory.  I'm glad she's out of that division, I just hope SDL will make her more interesting. 

Charlotte actually just started getting interesting to me in the last few months. At some point it clicked in that she wasn't changing or evolving because she's fricking perfect. 

She's a mountain of muscle and she's mean as fuck and what else does a wrestler need to be?

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Charlotte actually just started getting interesting to me in the last few months. At some point it clicked in that she wasn't changing or evolving because she's fricking perfect. 

She's a mountain of muscle and she's mean as fuck and what else does a wrestler need to be?

Those are the types that would have bounced around from territory to territory to not get stale. 

I think Strowman is more than just a big man. He's a legit monster. He's a Brock Lesnar-class monster. The worst it ever got for Brock back in his first run was making him into Smilin' Brock Lesnar when all faces had to smile a ton. If that's the worst it gets for Strowman, then I'll take it.

I don't want to say it, but I think Strowman survived Rybackitis. He's been booked incredibly strong week after week. Of course, now he actually needs to defeat Roman and I would even say he needs to defeat Lesnar. The only other outcome I'll accept is Roman causing Strowman vs Lesnar to be a no contest to setup Reigns vs Strowman vs Lesnar at Summerslam, but Strowman needs a title run this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

A Samoan with an afro?

(Yes, I know Meng/Haku is Tongan, not Samoan.  Work with me.)

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Strowman needs a title run this year.

I'd rather see him get a tag reign first. Throw him with Ellsworth with the concept that Braun uses him as a projectile against their opponents. 

Throwing him the strap now could end up turning the crowd against him. A case of "too much too soon". 

That's precisely what went wrong with Roman. Fans were hungry for an early and dominant Reigns with an early title run and everything. Then they held off, holding off left more time for an injury, it gave Vince more time to fuck with the Roman Reigns character, and then it lead to pushing Reigns over options the fans desired even more creating an even bigger backlash.

WWE consistently fails to strike while the iron is hot. This is that rare window of opportunity to roll the dice and get behind a super hot act instead of doing the thing they usually do, which is cooling down that act to see if they can survive that cooling down period, and then they either continue their descent or they win the title at the most random time (think Chris Jericho).

• Like 3

Is it just me, or have WWE actually gotten the bug guy push to be accepted with Braun Strowman?  I've been hearing though that WWE thinks Baron Corbin has a much better upside, or so WOR says.  Braun though should be a main eventer.  As someone said, the real main event for next year's WrestleMania should be Roman vs. Braun.  The crowd alone for that match would make it worthwhile.

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Her constant yelling in her promos which went on way too long most weeks was terrible and she was involved in every title feud for like two years.  Hopefully SDL will be more creative. She is the female Roman. 

25 minutes ago, Attila The Hut said:

Is it just me, or have WWE actually gotten the bug guy push to be accepted with Braun Strowman?  I've been hearing though that WWE thinks Baron Corbin has a much better upside, or so WOR says.  Braun though should be a main eventer.  As someone said, the real main event for next year's WrestleMania should be Roman vs. Braun.  The crowd alone for that match would make it worthwhile.

You made such a good point Warrior can't stop nodding in agreement! :)

But I definitely agree Braun/Roman is the way to go.  Whether they do it or not, we'll see.

13 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

Charlotte jobbed constantly. Probably way too much for her position.

9 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Yes, the belt existed for a year and Charlotte's held it 4 times.  That's exactly like 2003 Triple H.

And how many combined days did Sasha have the belt? ......   

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Trump said:

I can't wait for the day when they inevitably end up teaming to create the ultimate WWE unlikely tag-team couple name of Strowman Reigns.  I can already hear their sick mash-up entrance music, too. 

It needs to have a remixed intro with Braun yelling "BRAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUNNNN!!!!...(and Roman!)"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'll save you the trouble.  Sasha held the title a combined 75 days.  So a little over two months in her 3 reigns and she never won a PPV match.   

Charlotte held the title for 275 days and won every big match.   

Triple H Televised losses in 2003 - 9.  Times held the World Title 2 - combined days held 281.  Only Goldberg's 84 days broke it up.

Charlotte Televised Losses in 2016-2017 - 22.

But yeah, she wins too much.

• Like 1