DVDVR Message Board

KANE running for MAYOR in TENNESSEE

He seems to be trying to be very careful in not referring to himself as Kane. In fact the only time Kane is mentioned on the website is in regards to a charity he started. 

My guess is the flame is an easy way to play up his fame without stepping on any toes. 

The little bit I've seen of Jacobs outside the ring makes me think he's probably a good, smart guy.

That said, if I'm his opponent, I'm running clips of Katie Vick, Shane's testicle electrocution, setting Jim Ross on fire, etc.  And then I'm saying to the voters, "No, this isn't real, but this is the sort of thing my opponent had made his living from.  Would YOU want this in your home?"  I wouldn't want to be the one explaining to a roomful of soccer moms and dads who probably don't have a positive view of wrestling to begin with that late 90's WWF is just harmless fun. 

I have no idea if Kane deserves to be elected or not (I'm not wild about "libertarian" until I need a major party's backing" tho) but there's plenty of WWF/E footage available to take out of context.  I feel like running a pro wrestler for public offices is an uphill climb.

Then again.... LInda McMahon.  So what do I know?

36 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

She got her position by being personal friends with the President (and/or donating to POTUS's campaign).  She lost both of her actual elections.

51 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

The little bit I've seen of Jacobs outside the ring makes me think he's probably a good, smart guy.

That said, if I'm his opponent, I'm running clips of Katie Vick, Shane's testicle electrocution, setting Jim Ross on fire, etc.  And then I'm saying to the voters, "No, this isn't real, but this is the sort of thing my opponent had made his living from.  Would YOU want this in your home?"  I wouldn't want to be the one explaining to a roomful of soccer moms and dads who probably don't have a positive view of wrestling to begin with that late 90's WWF is just harmless fun. 

I have no idea if Kane deserves to be elected or not (I'm not wild about "libertarian" until I need a major party's backing" tho) but there's plenty of WWF/E footage available to take out of context.  I feel like running a pro wrestler for public offices is an uphill climb.

Wouldnt a campaign need to get permission to use the wwf footage in an attack ad? I wouldnt think you would want to use it illegally. I guess you could use stills, but we all know people are more effected by video. 

It is sound strategy though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:02 PM, Pete said:

Somehow, this has to lead to Tracy Smothers out there knocking on doors. "If you don't vote for Jacobs, EVERYBODY DIES!"

If that is going to be the slogan, Kane needs to license his Titantron entrance from WM23 for all campaign appearances.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:02 AM, Pete said:

Somehow, this has to lead to Tracy Smothers out there knocking on doors. "If you don't vote for Jacobs, EVERYBODY DIES!"

Either that or Kane and Al Snow going door to door doing their Rock 'n' Roll Express impersonation. 

EDIT: Wait, he's already got Ricky on the campaign? No need for Al then. 

Poor Al always gets it in the ass. Good matches with Voldemort that nobody will ever watch again... the J.O.B. Squad... working for TNA...

14 hours ago, Log said:

I’m confused. Counties in Tennessee have mayors?

Yeah, the position used to be called "County Executive", which was hella less confusing since the towns in the counties also have mayors.  Basically, the county mayor is the president of the county commission.

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Yeah, the position used to be called "County Executive", which was hella less confusing since the towns in the counties also have mayors.  Basically, the county mayor is the president of the county commission.

Thanks. Here in Kentucky, counties have a judge executive which is the same position.