DVDVR Message Board

KANE running for MAYOR in TENNESSEE

He seems like an easy going person so as long as a fan didn't do anything to really distract from his campaigning I doubt he would mind if a fan stopped just to meet him. I would suspect that he is hoping for some fans to come and hopefully be swayed by his message anyway.

6 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

And if you start trying to talk about Keynesian economics or the collective good, you can expect to be chokeslammed.

I'm kinda amused that noted Liberterian muckracker Glenn Jacobs is running as a Republican.  I'm guessing an independent candidate's chances of winning an election aren't all that good.

3 hours ago, Cristobal said:

And if you start trying to talk about Keynesian economics or the collective good, you can expect to be chokeslammed.

And justifiably so.

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm kinda amused that noted Liberterian muckracker Glenn Jacobs is running as a Republican.  I'm guessing an independent candidate's chances of winning an election aren't all that good.

Also his boss's wife is probably making him.  But, you know...SELF RELIANCE!!!!

11 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Also his boss's wife is probably making him.  But, you know...SELF RELIANCE!!!!

No that is pretty common practice. As someone mentioned, both Paul's ran for office as Libertarians. Gary Johnson held office as a Republican and was in the 2012 primary. In the other direction, Bernie Sanders was not a Democrat, but in a two party system they don't have much choice.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Victator said:

No that is pretty common practice. As someone mentioned, both Paul's ran for office as Libertarians. Gary Johnson held office as a Republican and was in the 2012 primary. In the other direction, Bernie Sanders was not a Democrat, but in a two party system they don't have much choice.

Democrats and Republicans agree on one thing: keeping any third party off the ballot by any means necessary.

• Like 4

Guys, mine was funnier because you get to imagine Kane in his demon outfit asking if he can run for mayor and Linda asking pointedly:

"How are you going to run?"

and Kane looking down at his feet and going

"....as a...republican."

And Linda smiling and saying:

"As a republican!"

And Kane rolling his eyes but not too much as to be noticed.

41 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

I know Rand Paul is going to be at a rally with Glenn Jacobs but will WWE Hall of Famer and President Donald Trump do something for the WWE Superstar?

Is anything in it for him?

I'm sure Kane's biggest fan Tom Lawlor would go to one of his rallys.  If I was up there I wouldn't mind checking it out.  From what people have said in biographies Kane's an extremely smart guy willing to talk with anybody about politics and the like.  To me he comes across as a pretty decent guy.  Which is too bad since you need to be a scumbag to get in office nowadays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

"Libertarians are just Republicans who still want to be invited to cool parties."

Any random issue of Reason (particularly since Trump became president) would prove that to be ccompletely false. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 3:16 AM, Brysynner said:

I know Rand Paul is going to be at a rally with Glenn Jacobs but will WWE Hall of Famer and President Donald Trump do something for the WWE Superstar?

Like what, give him Putin's phone number?