DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Clippers have become the absolute poster child for "too good to ever become great." 50+ wins, bounced in the first two rounds every year.

Haven't been following that series but would they have gotten through if not for the Blake injury?

On 4/22/2017 at 2:43 PM, Oyaji said:

How do the Raps blow it up when they just re-signed DeRozan to a big deal? Lowry will opt out but then what? 

While I don't think the Raptors are going to do a big clearance sale, I don't think signing DeRozan to a max deal means management is all in on this team.  Even if they do re-sign Lowry to the max, I don't think they can afford to keep the team the same afterwards.  I can seen them being somewhere in-between (a la the Atlanta Hawks) if things don't go right this round.  The Raptors are looking better though.

Actually, the Hawks might be a better candidate...

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

Haven't been following that series but would they have gotten through if not for the Blake injury?

This one? Quite possibly, but they were roadkill in round two regardless.

• Like 1

Somebody else should be doing the work for that team at this point. He's been a big reason why they've gone from KD, Harden and Westbrook to Westbrook and some guys. Owners are to blame for that too, but wasn't the awful Kendrick Perkins contract a huge factor?

Yeah, his drafting is a strength for sure and I won't deny that. But there's been some awful asset management going on there. KD and Westbrook were top 4 picks, though somebody took OJ Mayo ahead of Russ.

Yeah, I don't give him much credit on Durant, that was the obvious easy pick.

And, I mean, this team was built around two nearly unstoppable superstars and then one bolted. The roster construction looks a lot better if that didn't happen.

AFAIK he was pretty much forced to trade Harden by ownership.

THe news says it's severe pain from that back surgery he had, unless that's the cover, and he's actually an Atlantean that gets dehydrated and must return to the kingdom from time to time.

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

THe news says it's severe pain from that back surgery he had, unless that's the cover, and he's actually an Atlantean that gets dehydrated and must return to the kingdom from time to time.

I'm close personal friends with Aquaman and he tells me he deals with this by drinking lots of Gatorade.

Disappointing night if you were feeling Bucks or Washington at the start of these playoffs. Surprised at how much the wheels have come of the Wizzers.

Really hoping to get Giannis getting national game time thanks to a matchup with James. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I like the Bulls chances without Rondo.  However, I'm not sure why the Bull didn't use Robin Lopez more.  He was killing it in the minutes I saw him play.  They should stay big against the Celtics for more minutes.

6 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm not sure I like the Bulls chances without Rondo.  However, I'm not sure why the Bull didn't use Robin Lopez more.  He was killing it in the minutes I saw him play.  They should stay big against the Celtics for more minutes.

Cuz Hoiberg. Lopez single handedly lead that comeback and short lived lead in the 3rd quarter of game 4. 

Earlier this year I said that the Rockets would get swept without Harden, but the Thunder would get swept WITH Westbrook. 

I was wrong.

it was a gentleman's sweep.

(And if Harden hit that 3 at the end of game  3 it would've been a sweep).

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The Jazz play beautiful half court offense with lots of off the ball movement and screens. Poor man's Spurs offense? 

Poor man's Spurs in a lot of ways. They've become masters of getting solid production from second round and undrafted guys that other teams couldn't develop.

Why do I have the delusional belief that the Utah Jazz are a bad matchup for the Warriors? I mean, they don't really have a shot. Other than Cleveland I don't think anyone has a real chance in a seven game series (Lot of contingencies have to go right for the Rockets to beat them - 3 point shooting, lock down D on Durant and Steph and Klay, someone literally murdering Draymond ...).

but I have this odd feeling that Utah and / or Memphis would somehow be a harder matchup for the Warriors. 

I guess we'll see soon, since the Clips have already given up.