DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

If the game trajectory of a young guy playing out of his mind continues, Jerian Grant should have a good game. Hopefully Fred tells Michael Carter-Williams to just post up IT every time he's in the game instead of whatever MCW was doing in game 2.

9 minutes ago, brocklock said:

If the game trajectory of a young guy playing out of his mind continues, Jerian Grant should have a good game. Hopefully Fred tells Michael Carter-Williams to just post up IT every time he's in the game instead of whatever MCW was doing in game 2.

I like MCW's speed and defense but he must be forbidden from any drive/layup attempts. Just penetrate and kick it out to an open zipser. He had those opportunities last game. 

29 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I like MCW's speed and defense but he must be forbidden from any drive/layup attempts. Just penetrate and kick it out to an open zipser. He had those opportunities last game. 

I remember him taking Aaron Brooks into the post four or five times in a row during the 2015 Bulls/Bucks series and scoring every time. If he's looking to score and the opportunity is there against Isaiah he should take it, but he doesn't seem to have a high basketball IQ so he might just drive again.

If Grant and MCW both stink, they are probably going to go with Jimmy as the main ball handler and close with Jimmy, Wade, Zipser, RoLo, and whichever one of Niko/Portis is playing better.

6 minutes ago, brocklock said:

I remember him taking Aaron Brooks into the post four or five times in a row during the 2015 Bulls/Bucks series and scoring every time. If he's looking to score and the opportunity is there against Isaiah he should take it, but he doesn't seem to have a high basketball IQ so he might just drive again.

If Grant and MCW both stink, they are probably going to go with Jimmy as the main ball handler and close with Jimmy, Wade, Zipser, RoLo, and whichever one of Niko/Portis is playing better.

That's what I would imagine as well. I'd also like to see Valentine get a few minutes as he can get hot from 3 and is a pretty good decision maker. 

This current version blew it when they lost that Houston series a couple years ago when they were up.

Paul and Griffin can't seem to stay healthy for a long playoff run and their bench is getting older and/or thinner. 

Who is more likely to blow it up if they lose in the 1st round: the Clippers or Raptors?

How do the Raps blow it up when they just re-signed DeRozan to a big deal? Lowry will opt out but then what? 

I see the Clippers blowing it up if it doesn't work. They probably have enough to get past the Jazz without Gobert but that's about it. 

Where are those people who were calling Thon Maker a novelty pick? Young Bucks rewl. 

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, and Blake Griffin is injured and done for the playoffs.  

Yes, again.

Blake to the Knicks would be the Knicksiest move the Knicks ever Knicksed at this point. Yes, even more than D-Rose. 

• Like 1

1) Grizzlies vs. San Antonio was indeed an epic last night and one of the best crunch time duels in the past few years. Kawhi is indeed a robot sent to terrorize the NBA. Mike Conley might be my favorite player. I hope he never makes an All-Star game. That doesn't really make a lot of sense on paper but he should be the best player to never make an All-Star Game. That is like the epitome of Grit'n'Grind: Dudes who don't give a crap about anything but playing ball. I also love Memphis being the best at rolling out shirts based on catchphrases from post-game interviews. How's That For Data? You Can't Rook Us! We Don't Bluff! And Tony Allen coined Grit'n'Grind and gave a franchise a whole motto to work around.

I love this team so much. I doubt they get past the Spurs but you know they'll be setting hard picks and crashing the boards to the very end of the series. They're sort of like Spurs light -- people count the out every year, but here they are in the playoffs giving one of the glory teams fits. I legit think they'd take Golden State since they're a killer matchup for them.

2) I'm not sleeping on the Raptors yet. The Bucks are the future but Kyle and DeRozan are figuring them out a bit. Giannis is the best player on the court (by a long distance) but a good backcourt like the Raps and the return of their home court advantage is going to be a big help.

3) Has any team's arc been weirder than Lob City? Blake was a phenom his rookie year. People were in love w/ that team when CP3 joined their ranks. Then they became a team no one could really stand due to their incessant whining and Doc being such a dweeb. And they had the whole Sterling incident, too. And they never went on that big playoff run everyone expected from them -- just a bunch of flame-outs and poorly timed injuries.

The league would be a much more interesting place if we could get this Lance Stephenson more often.  I also really wish Milwaukee could get on national TV more often so I could see more Giannis.  I slept on the Bucks hard apparently.

Just what we need, another guy on the bench with a history of torn ACLs  "stretching his legs."

PLAYOFF LANCE was fun. 

This game went pretty much like I thought it would, with Paul George basically showing Indiana fans he's checked out, while the rest of the team worked their ass off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

Well we do need a point guard....

Just got off the phone with Phil. He'll do the deal in exchange for a Benny the Bull plush doll and 2 used basketballs.

• Like 1