DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Knicks lose tiebreaker with the T-Wolves for the 6 slot in the lottery and will be 7th. But keep buying those ridiculously expensive tickets you stupid fucking suckers.

• Like 1

Before the playoffs started there was a story on the 4 letter website about how Isaiah Thomas felt "disrespected" as the number one seed or somesuch. That's pretty funny right now. Hopefully the Bulls take them out, then Brooklyn falls down in the lottery, to shut Simmons up a little at least. . . .

I'm dumbfounded. This Bulls team is not the same team we saw in the regular season.

Superstar Jimmy. General Rondo directing traffic. Wade shooting lights out in the 4th. Lopez being an absolute animal. 

And the scary part is they have 3-4 other guys on top of that can get hot at any minute. Game 1 it was Portis, tonight it was Zipser and Niko. We still have Valentine who can shoot lights out. Grant is better than what we saw tonight. 

Who knows what their ceiling is.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that since Russ got his 50 point triple double, ESPN will count it as a win for the Thunder. 

But scoreboard. 

Westbrook absolutely lost it for the Thunder with all his ill-advised chucking.  He was what, 4 of 18 in the 4th?  It's a traveshamockery he's winning the MVP.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

Westbrook absolutely lost it for the Thunder with all his ill-advised chucking.  He was what, 4 of 18 in the 4th?  It's a traveshamockery he's winning the MVP.

Those were some BAD shots.  At least two or three didn't hit anything even in the radar of the rim.  I fully expect the Thunder to come back with a vengeance in game 3, but this game really showed that Russell is all this team is.  In past playoffs you'd have guys like Ibaka or Adams (or even Reggie Jackson) just have breakthrough performances where you knew they could be the difference, but what are you supposed to do when your second and third best scorers are Andre Roberson and Doug McDermott?  

Russell is the MVP.  I totally get if he doesn't win, but give me a break.  The Thunder might be the worst team in the league if he isn't on it.  No other team can say that about their candidate.  He drags them to victories kicking and screaming.  

Also, it's kinda BS to pick and choose who you think the MVP is over one quarter of basketball.  Please tell me who the MVP is. I'd like to know who you think can absolutely do no wrong.

Never said anyone was obvious.  If Harden wins, I have no problem with that.  And if anything, I expect him to win.  Rockets totally overachieved this season. But saying Russell doesn't deserve the MVP because "oh, what a shit 4th quarter he had tonight" is BS.  Great players have shit games.  

I think Russell did the most with the least.  A lot of guys have done that who also didn't get that recognition.  

Thunder are the 6th seed.  They didn't win 50 games.  I don't think Russell gets MVP because of those two facts.  But to say that I'm stupid for thinking he deserves it?  Give me a fucking break.

Not what I said. I said to see my post above about people acting like one or the other is the clear choice, in reference to Kurt. Sorry if it came off like I was trying to insult you.

Westbrook and the Thunder were projected to finish with more wins than Harden and the Rockets.  The Rockets were supposed to barely make the playoffs. 

Harden and Westbrook have the same number of all stars on their roster: ZERO.

Other than two more rebounds per game for Westbrook, Harden and he have essentially the same stats, only Harden takes far fewer shots and is way more efficient.

And, one does all he can to make his role players better, while the other is a glorified stat-padder who demands his bigs lays off rebounds so he can get his numbers.

Uh OKC lost arguably the second best player in the entire sport which is the type of loss that is almost always a one way ticket to at least 5 years of lottery hell. They are basically Westbrook and the Brooklyn Nets minus Brook Lopez and they still made the playoffs comfortably. I get that you are a Harden fan and I would have no problem with him winning MVP, but your constant posts taking shots at Westbrook are just insufferable at this point.

God the Toronto individual stat line is fucking pathetic. DeRozan - ZERO for EIGHT over 30 minutes. The starters had 2 assists total between them and they were both Kyle Lowry's. Toronto's starters had 24 combined assists.