Pick A Challenge

Phil Schneider

Next Challenge  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Whats Next?

• Kenta Kobashi v. Yoshihiro Takayama NOAH 4/25/04
    • Winger/Shadow WX v. Tomokai Honmo/Ryuji Yamakawa BJW 11/08/99
    • ROH v. CZW Cage of Death ROH 7/15/06
    • Kenta Kobashi/Go Shozaki v. Kensuke Sasaki/Katsuhijo Nakajima NOAH 5/11/05

This poll is closed to new votes

2004: Kobashi vs Takayama NOAH GHC Match April 25th, I'm fairly certain this was brought up a couple times in the 2004 thread. I think this would unseat the Necro/Klein match featuring much better pro-wrestling violence without having to go all death match. 

• Like 1

I have no idea why this came to mind and I know it will win no contests, but the vampire inside just said "MAKE THEM REVIEW IT". 

This is probably because I couldn't find a link to Yamakawa/Honma vs. Shadow WX/Winger

EDIT: Yeah, that was a horrible idea. Fuck it, I'm the king of failure and I still want people to watch it just for the perverse pleasure of watching people try and light each other on fire without really lighting each other on fire. If somebody wants to go on Rutube and find the other match I'll take that instead as an actual good match as a contestant. 

• Like 1

Tough call between ROH vs. CZW CoD and Sasuke/Nakajima vs. Kobashi/Shiosaki, both are awesome 5 star matches. Meant to vote for the latter but did the former. That's not happened to me before till now. Please can you give my vote to the NOAH tag? Thanks.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Tough call between ROH vs. CZW CoD and Sasuke/Nakajima vs. Kobashi/Shiosaki, both are awesome 5 star matches. Meant to vote for the latter but did the former. That's not happened to me before till now. Please can you give my vote to the NOAH tag? Thanks.

My friend, you really ought to leave your original vote alone. Reflect on this for a moment, we are discussing a match that many would give ***** to, and only a gibbering baboon would rate as low as **** that features Necro Butcher for fuck's sake.

I'm still enough of a mark to be able to completely enjoy surprises, that said, we sort of EXPECT greatness from NOAH, especially 2000-2007 (after all, they got the nod from the WON as "Best Promotion" in the world for 2004-2005, (and deservedly so), whereas CZW could stake a claim to being one of the worst and get very little argument from me.) 

On 4/12/2017 at 11:59 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I have no idea why this came to mind and I know it will win no contests, but the vampire inside just said "MAKE THEM REVIEW IT". 

This is probably because I couldn't find a link to Yamakawa/Honma vs. Shadow WX/Winger

EDIT: Yeah, that was a horrible idea. Fuck it, I'm the king of failure and I still want people to watch it just for the perverse pleasure of watching people try and light each other on fire without really lighting each other on fire. If somebody wants to go on Rutube and find the other match I'll take that instead as an actual good match as a contestant. 

You sick little monkey... No, seriously, if one is going to watch a hardcore/garbage match, might as well watch something with Mr. Pogo, as I don't think that anyone has ever been more naturally "gifted" at that sort of thing. I recall that back during the glory days of FMW when Onita and Pogo were at their absolute best, there was a guy (who will remain nameless), that reviewed lots of Puro (a good thing!) but was really somewhat of a tool (a bad thing!), anyway, some associates and myself  launched the rumor that to make ends meet, Mr. Pogo was working as an enforcer/collector for the Yakuza, and this goof bought it hook, line and sinker... HAHAHAHA...

Think about the scenario for a second, the Yakuza in conducting day-to-day business such as debt collection, tries to maintain a very low profile (unless sending a message, so to speak). Would such an organization even consider using a guy that looks like Mr. Pogo in such a capacity? Let's see, say I owe a big gambling debt to someone that I believe to be "connected". Okay, now a guy that looks like Mr. Pogo, whom I do not know, comes and bangs on the front door...I look through the peephole only to see someone that looks like the model for this Image result for mr. pogo

and I'm going to answer the door? Really? Really? Really? Based on this, I can't imagine a worse candidate for such a role than Mr. Pogo, but our man (who wished he was in Japan) not only fell for it, but was angrily defending his "scoop" months later... ;-) Anyway, I digress, its just that the idea of discussing the grotesque antics of Matsunaga and Mr. Pogo alway sends my mind in odd directions, (or perhaps it's the fact that I picked up my pain meds earlier this morning.) ;-)

On 14 April 2017 at 5:57 PM, OSJ said:

My friend, you really ought to leave your original vote alone. Reflect on this for a moment, we are discussing a match that many would give ***** to, and only a gibbering baboon would rate as low as **** that features Necro Butcher for fuck's sake.

I'm still enough of a mark to be able to completely enjoy surprises, that said, we sort of EXPECT greatness from NOAH, especially 2000-2007 (after all, they got the nod from the WON as "Best Promotion" in the world for 2004-2005, (and deservedly so), whereas CZW could stake a claim to being one of the worst and get very little argument from me.)

Good points. I went ***** for ROH vs. CZW Cage of Death. Feud was well done and this was the best thing from it. It's a candidate for best match in ROH history.

I also gave ***** to Sasaki/Nakajima vs. Kobashi/Shiosaki. My Match of the Year and a packed year at that,