DVDVR Message Board

Payback V

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, Sin Carne said:

Payback betting talk

Reveal hidden contents

Sky has Jericho at 1/25 to win tonight. It could be a Count Out or DQ win theoretically, but they think it's pretty likely he's going over

Strowman is also 1/25 fwiw.

Hardys are 1/50 tho

Spoiler

Based on huge betting swings, sounds like the finish with Bayley/Alexa was changed between yesterday and today.

Owens is on Smackdown regardless of the result tonight yeah?

I could see Jericho getting the win and the title, before dropping it to AJ and then heading off for a while. Owens and AJ then feud without having to face each other for the initial title switch and then if/when Jericho comes back he is on SmackDown.

2 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Owens is on Smackdown regardless of the result tonight yeah?

I could see Jericho getting the win and the title, before dropping it to AJ and then heading off for a while. Owens and AJ then feud without having to face each other for the initial title switch and then if/when Jericho comes back he is on SmackDown.

When Owens was on commentary, someone made the point that, if Jericho wins, he would join Owens on Smackdown.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic

Oh for fuck's sake, I literally watched the ref hand Roman a corn syrup packet before he spit up "blood" on the wall.

Braun-Brock now, plz. 

Roman died for our sins.

Braun is incredible.  Put the Dr. Pepper Title on him and let him destroy people in creative ways until Roman rebuilds himself for Mania.

I really enjoyed the show.  Braun and Roman should feud for years. They click so well.  Braun needed this win tonight, good that he got it.  If he's next for Brock, awesome. Rest of the show outside of the Horrors stuff was pretty good as well.  

• Like 2

I didn't even realize that was the main event until they faded. 

I'm glad I opted to not get a ticket. 

I don't understand how the house of horrors took place "live" at night when it was still a bright and California sunshine-y 80 degrees.. 

• Like 1

I dug the tag titles match and Sheamus/Cesaro turn. Aries/Neville was pretty damn great once again. Bayley/Alexa might be the best match I've seen from Bliss yet. I still wish she hadn't actually won.

Braun/Roman was great again. Glad Braun won. Hopefully he isn't just fed to Brock.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Randy Orton wore pants so there's that.

I actually think he looked great in the pants. He looked thicker overall and this made him more physically impressive. Also helps that he was in ripping shape. Lawler just burying the match on RAW Talk - "It wasn't what I expected. It was just someone's house that got smashed up. I hope it wasn't one of those houses that we rent."

No idea why they needed to take the title from Styles and waste Cena matching Flair just to get to this point though...

Called it for Jericho ;) 

Alexa Bliss is #1 and the best. Just made a great point on being the first women to hold both belts and how neither of the '4 Horsewomen' have done that.

Braun needs to just hold the title forever. No-one is on his level right now.

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh for fuck's sake, I literally watched the ref hand Roman a corn syrup packet before he spit up "blood" on the wall.

Braun-Brock now, plz. 

So, Vince still thinks this will build sympathy for Roman? They're so cute when they get old and senile. 

Glad to see Alexa win the title. I really like her, and it's not entirely because of her looks. She's come along nicely as a heel.

I really liked Aries/Neville until the finish. 

House of Horrors was fun in a b-movie way when it was in the house before it got dragged down with Jinder and the Bollywood Boyz. It dawned on me who dreadlock Bray needs to be more of.

• Like 4

- I really liked Bailey/Bliss ending on a non-finishing move that made sense given the context.

- I was never going to not love anything involving Owens' finger.

- Aries/Neville was terrific again.

• Like 1

Aries was on fire tonight.

I've been really surprised/impressed at how Matt has kept up with Sheamus and Cesaro in these matches.  He's taken some pretty big bumps, too, given how broken down he's seemed the last few years.  Senor Benjamin probably has to cart him around in a wheelbarrow afterwards.