DVDVR Message Board

Payback V

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm at the stage where I actively avoid Rollins matches. The HHH match had him trying to build a match around selling and it was pretty crummy. While I fully believe the Joe match was good, I think I'm going to stay away until @El Dragon says that Rollins was good for three matches in a row.

I think it's pretty funny my dislike for Seth is so well known, that people will accept "if he is willing to admit he's doing good, then he's probably doing good" as a mindset.

On the Alvarez thing, the sad part is Alvarez has been making a claim that there's too much stuff bullshit in wrestling for a while lately, and I honestly think he's right. It's just that he puts his case forth in such an awful way he does more damage to his cause then good. Sheamus also shouldn't be the prime target of this, Ishii & Shibata should be, with a side helping of Nakamura & Itami.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

That was Jack Swagger

DAMMIT!!!! I blame that blurry time when a new title holder's first useless default feud would either be with Sheamus or Swagger depending on the belt.

THIS IS NOT MY FAULT

• Like 1

Gotta love Alvarez shitting on Sheamus for hurting folks with strikes while backing Seth (put out Finn with a Buckle Bomb, retired Sting with the same move because he lacked the sense to consider doing it on a 56 year old was a bad idea, busted Cena's nose...) and hating on Cena's punches for looking bad. 

Like...you can have realistic strikes or 'safe' ones Bryan, not both.

• Like 4

My 9 year old son is a Bayley fan. When he got WWE 2k17 for his birthday, the first wrestler he played as was Bayley.

Last night he came into the living room where I was talking to some guests and said "Whew Alexa Bliss won dad. She did it. She's the champion."

I said "You're happy she beat Bayley?"

He said "It was hard to choose but I decided to root for Alexa."

My wife was taken aback. "What?! What about Bayley? Who the hell is Alexa Bliss and why would you turn on Bayley for her?"

I said "Have you seen her? She definitely has an appeal. You know what I'm saying?"

I turned to my son and I swear to god he gave me a fist bump and walked off.

I never said I was a good person. I'm doing the best I can.

• Like 17