DVDVR Message Board

Payback V

Dolfan in NYC

This is a Raw-only PPV with a ton of Smackdown people because the champ is a part timer, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For the WWE Univ... er, World Championship, House of Horrors Match:  Randal K. Orton, Super Genius (c) d. Bray Wyatt

For the WWE United States Championship, winner goes to Smackdown: Kevin Owens (c) d. Chris Jericho

For the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship: The Hardyz (c) vs. Sheamus/Cesaro

For the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries

----

Probable: 

For the WWE Raw Womyn's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Nia Jax Alexa Bliss

Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman (confirmed)

Added:

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe

And I'm sure a tag match or two involving Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor, Miz, The Club, The Revival, and other various sundries.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the WWE United States Championship, winner goes to Smackdown, loser goes on tour with a band opening up for the Cult, Hinder, Breaking Benjamin, Hoobastank, Jimmy's Chicken Shack, Local H, Papa Roach, Saliva, POD, or whatever band that has a higher profile than Fozzy: Kevin Owens (c) d. Chris Jericho

I think this is the actual stipulation.

• Like 6

They could've pulled the trigger on Sasha/Bayley for a main event, but I'm sure the people of San Jose (and the rest of the world) will be happy with a Wyatt/Orton PG death match.

Also I think Mickie is a more likely opponent for Alexa, and Rollins vs. Joe is a lock.

Have they even figured out what the house of horror's match is yet? Maybe they could just go into storage and bring out the old Thunderdome cage from the WCW surplus. I'm sure the electric chair set is still probably with it.

• Like 1

If it's an Orton match, the real horror would be making it an Iron Man for people to try to slog through.

Just bring out Jake's Snake Pit set (Jake sold separately), put it in a Boiler Room, and be done with it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Have they even figured out what the house of horror's match is yet? Maybe they could just go into storage and bring out the old Thunderdome cage from the WCW surplus. I'm sure the electric chair set is still probably with it.

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton WrestleMania XXXIII match on a endless loop.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

I must have done something awful to deserve  a Payback this bad.

Well, let's sort this out.

Have you started any CM Punk chants at recent WWE events?

Ever find yourself in a room with TNA bookers and said, "You folks are doing great from top to bottom, don't change a thing," to them?

Did you sneeze in front of Vince?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

This sudden dud of a feud and Payback can be saved if this ends up being a WSX match: Six minutes of nothing but high spots and utterly absurd CGI explosions. 

The Bray/Orton match should be held at the Hardy compound, with garbage cans full of explosives; Senor Benjamin; the Lake of Reincarnation; Reby; King Maxel; Vanguard 1; and Skarsgard.

...and a scene of an owl exploding. #FuckThatOwl

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Bray/Orton match should be held at the Hardy compound, with garbage cans full of explosives; Senor Benjamin; the Lake of Reincarnation; Reby; King Maxel; Vanguard 1; and Skarsgard.

...and a scene of an owl exploding. #FuckThatOwl

On this week's E&C Podcast, they talked about how Michael Hayes pitched a "House of Horrors" match for the Brood vs Hardyz back in the day. It was going to be shot in a house with all sorts of weird stuff going on. They never ended up doing it but that could be what they're going to do with Wyatt vs. Orton.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:32 AM, Craig H said:

I think this is the actual stipulation.

I'm not gonna lie, their first date is May 9th in VA, and they're the weakest band out of a show with A7X headlining, so I would actually go to that.

They rest of the tour though...

The festival dates are pretty good though, at least.

Not saying I would go for Fozzy, I wouldn't.  But shit if that Carolina Rebellion show isn't fucking stacked.

Remember in his book how Jericho was talking about how happy he was to be at Download 2012 with Metallica?

DownloadFestival19March2012posterThrashH

And then this year:

download_2017_line_up_web_poster_3055_ap

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 1:54 PM, Phantom Lord said:

Spin The Wheel Make The Deal match where every spoke says "Miner's Glove"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Spin The Wheel Make The Deal match where every spoke says "Miner's Glove"

Even that wouldn't be such a bad deal. I mean Bray coming up with some spiel about "Randy, choose the manner of your destruction..., but choose wisely" would at least give him another cool little promo.