DVDVR Message Board

Payback V

Dolfan in NYC

28 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I feel disappointed that Piranesi hasn't provided us with a proper explanation of how Randy Orton beat Bray Wyatt to the arena after Bray stole his Knight Rider limo with the cool front lights  :lol:

v_Hm_MAQ1.gif

• Like 15

Notes I made during HoH:

This is going to be the Final Deletion as written by people who hate wrestling and have no sense of humor and are stupid.

I would rather watch Property Brothers than this.

I would rather watch a Total Divas marathon that was just about Maryse flipping houses than this.

I would rather watch two hours of buzzards eating carrion than this.

I would rather have watched the Old Day segment than that. Twice. 

• Like 6

Alexa Bliss is really the best.  More evidence that Sportskeeda is a garbage website and should be nuked from orbit.  Besides that, I liked how they got across Bliss making history tonight and being the first Superstar to win both women's title belts.  

House of Horrors match was only missing a cobra biting Ultimate Warrior's face and Jake The Snake Roberts telling Orton he's the dumbest rabbit he's ever seen.  

Not really surprised Joe lost to Rollins, but Joe was the best part of that whole entire match.  Now that this is over, can we stop having the Rollins knee injury be a thing in stories and matches anymore.  

What was the point of Jericho beating Owens?  

Glad Strowman got the win over Reigns.  So there's that at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

After watching old RAW from the Manhattan Center era, and then the House of Horror tonight, it made me realize how much better the WWE product was when they didn't have a budget. 

Restriction breeds creativity.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gonzo said:

Since I refuse to believe that Bray Wyatt actually hails from San Jose, I think we can safely assume that he's totally not getting his deposit back on that house.

Which, since wherever it is is within driving distance of San Jose, must have been about ten grand or so. 

12 minutes ago, badfish69 said:

Only in professional wrestling can you tip a refrigerator on someone and they still beat you back to the arena.

Hey, you don't know that.  There could be a bunch of fridge attacks in other sports unaccounted for.  And considering Randy appeared to shove the fridge off of him immediately, he clearly wasn't that worse for wear.  All he needed was a second limo in waiting and to sabotage Wyatt by telling the first driver who was on his payroll to take the long way in case Bray gets in.

• Like 1

I could ramble for paragraphs about everything wrong with the House of Horrors match, but I'll keep it simple. It was a total bore. Like, grade school Haunted House level decor. Ridiculously ponderous. Bray clearly had no game plan. Its his place right? Why not have a bunch of weapons at the ready? Or booby traps? Or a whole crew of dudes ready to pummel Orton? What it comes down to is that should've been campy fun, not some far too serious grudge fight. Dud city.

• Like 1

My 8 year old daughter asked me, "Daddy, why do Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton have to be creepy weirdos?"  I said, "I don't know, but at least Randy Orton wore pants out in public this time, it could have been creepier and weirder."  She also felt bad for Roman because she thought he was really hurt.  When I told her that he was fine she busted out one of my favorite lines ever from Talking Smack, "Daddy, you know what's funny about Roman Reigns?  Nothing."  I love that kid.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Was I the only one who thought Joe's right shoulder was up during that pin?

Nope, my son said the exact same thing. I guess we'll see if they make a big deal of it tomorrow night. I didn't catch any mention of it on the call tonight.