DVDVR Message Board

Payback V

Dolfan in NYC

All those new to the Braun Strowman bandwagon, welcome aboard.

That was awesome. That crowd was fucking great too. They were so rabid for Braun murdering Roman. Braun is your motherfucking top babyface WWE.

Although, I was slightly annoyed with Roman getting some of his heat back with the Raw Talk segment. Whatever though. He took an epic beating.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I didn't even realize that was the main event until they faded. 

I'm glad I opted to not get a ticket. 

I don't understand how the house of horrors took place "live" at night when it was still a bright and California sunshine-y 80 degrees.. 

As a fellow California dweller.  This pissed me off more than any other stupid thing the WWE has ever done.   I get that you can't do cool night shots when the sun doesn't set until after you end the show.  But for fuck sake just do something else. 

Just now, Go2Sleep said:

When Bray first showed up in the House of Horrors, all I could think of was "It's Goofy Time."

I couldn't believe Randy wore pants. I was disappointed at the lack of Harper and Rowan involved in this.

By the way, Sheamus and Cesaro have been a really sneaky good tag team. Not enough praise for the overall build of their story. They went from feuding, to being forced to tag, to constantly waiting to get stabbed in the back, they win the titles, they still hate each other, they begin to build respect for each other, then they get to like each other, and now Sheamus has dragged out the killer in Cesaro.

They are the bar.

• Like 16

Just now, Craig H said:

By the way, Sheamus and Cesaro have been a really sneaky good tag team. Not enough praise for the overall build of their story. They went from feuding, to being forced to tag, to constantly waiting to get stabbed in the back, they win the titles, they still hate each other, they begin to build respect for each other, then they get to like each other, and now Sheamus has dragged out the killer in Cesaro.

They are the bar.

Tbh it's kinda improved on the Team Hell No deal. Now if we can just get Cesaro that kind of title push starting with an underdog win over Brock...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Joe is great.

Beyond that... Well, Joe is great.

Yeah, I told my buddies that was probably one of the best Rollins matches I'd seen in a while, and it had nothing to do with Rollins.

Joe has been and was awesome tonight but man he needs to start winning.  Bad enough he wasn't at Wrestlemania.     Hopefully he does something to Rollins Monday to set up maybe an I Quit match at the next RAW PPV

Hopefully I wasn't the only person who thought "wait both world titles are on RAW now" when Bray beat Orton.   But I guess then Jinder would have to deal with Bray and I am fine with Jinder vs Orton

Braun/Roman was so great, just the right ending too. Both men looked like beasts by the end, but the one with the pre-existing injuries just faded first. Roman is basically elite as an in-ring worker now, his selling in the match was fantastic even down to his kick out for the penultimate powerslam. It wasn't a kick out with authority, it was a man barely getting his shoulder up even though you knew the end was nigh. Also Roman not getting on the stretcher was a nice little touch, seeing as how last time he was on a stretcher it got toppled over by Braun, and Lo and behold Strowman tried it again on Raw Talk. This time however, Roman was prepared and beat the shit out of him with the ambulance door - not in a dominating way, but in a "I'm barely standing and I need to get this fucker away from me way". These two are phenomenal.

Sheasaro basically battering the Hardys into a decent match was a lot of fun, especially in the post match, dug the Bliss/Bayley match, before Rollins managed to send me to sleep - waking up just in time for the roar of the Braun

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I love that every time Alexa is on an after show with someone, they do a completely outdated reference someone as young as Alexa Bliss should have any rights to get.

She's only three years younger than me and the Beetlejuice animated series was in syndication when I was a kid so it's not that weird.

28 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I feel disappointed that Piranesi hasn't provided us with a proper explanation of how Randy Orton beat Bray Wyatt to the arena after Bray stole his Knight Rider limo with the cool front lights  :lol:

v_Hm_MAQ1.gif

• Like 15

Notes I made during HoH:

This is going to be the Final Deletion as written by people who hate wrestling and have no sense of humor and are stupid.

I would rather watch Property Brothers than this.

I would rather watch a Total Divas marathon that was just about Maryse flipping houses than this.

I would rather watch two hours of buzzards eating carrion than this.

I would rather have watched the Old Day segment than that. Twice. 

• Like 6