DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

On 9/28/2017 at 5:14 PM, muhammedboehm said:

The two sticking points I have are the 'encouraged' to be accessible to fans for interaction before the game. What the hell does that even mean. And second what would prevent a team from listing player a as injured and then sit player b who isn't injured even thou player a isn't really injured?

On 9/28/2017 at 8:50 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Like I said before "I felt it cramp up" and "It felt tight" will be the go to excuses for rest.

Like the  Spurs aren't just going to eat the fine if they want to sit Parker and Manu.

Big changes coming to the All-Star game.  It's no longer East vs West.  Instead the team captains (highest vote getters from each conference) will pick players for their teams regardless of conference.

I love the picking players ideal and can't wait to see how it works in practice.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Big changes coming to the All-Star game.  It's no longer East vs West.  Instead the team captains (highest vote getters from each conference) will pick players for their teams regardless of conference.

I love the picking players ideal and can't wait to see how it works in practice.

Can we just call this the 'We don't want Lebron to lose by 100 in the all star game' rule

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

It was fun the first year when the NHL did it, less so after.

On 9/28/2017 at 3:40 PM, RIPPA said:

he three teams with the worst records will share a 14 percent chance of getting the No. 1 overall pick, a change from the descending percentages of 25, 19.9, and 15.6 in the current system. Four teams -- increased from three -- will become part of the lottery draw, which means the No. 1 lottery seed could drop no further than fifth, No. 2 could drop no f

Are they going to show the team picking live like at a local park?  I want to see whoever is picked last stare a hole into the captains.  Of all this year's all-stars, who gets picked last?

19 hours ago, elizium said:

It was fun the first year when the NHL did it, less so after.

It was mostly fun because the captains were drafting live, and I'm pretty sure some of them were drunk when they did it.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Fox Sports 1 throwing massive (yet accurate) shade on the Knicks on their own subway system.  I believe they have been taken down

DLJo8hJWsAATkTt.jpg

There was more to this campaign: one side of the train had the "Hopeless" stuff on it and the other side was "Hope" with all the reasons to be excited about the Knicks. 

Except all the Hope stuff was "Uhh, Porzingis is good" and "We got Tim Hardaway Jr back."

On 10/3/2017 at 3:49 PM, supremebve said:

Are they going to show the team picking live like at a local park?  I want to see whoever is picked last stare a hole into the captains.  Of all this year's all-stars, who gets picked last?

Not this year at least. Likely to be a special on TNT one of the Thursdays before All-Star-Weekend. Think they want time to be able to make up unis for everyone and have the teams set for the couple of practices they have that weekend. Personally I think if your going this to do this the NBA should have just gone all in. Top 24 players based on the fan vote, top two captions. if any of those 24 are injured then Silver picks a replacement. The draft is done during All-Star Saturday and Sunday is a shirts vs skins game. Oh and players call fouls.

• Like 1

Went to the Knicks-Nets game and can say that the Knicks are a good bet to be the worst team in the league. Their starters were getting wrecked by the Nets big time. Conversely I think the Nets may suprise some people this year. They looked like a competent NBA team which is a huge improvement from last year. If they contend for a playoff spot (which isn't too far fetched in the weak east) their GM should win exec of the year in a unanimous vote for undoing all the damage that incompetent Billy King did.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Went to the Knicks-Nets game and can say that the Knicks are a good bet to be the worst team in the league. Their starters were getting wrecked by the Nets big time. Conversely I think the Nets may suprise some people this year. They looked like a competent NBA team which is a huge improvement from last year. If they contend for a playoff spot (which isn't too far fetched in the weak east) their GM should win exec of the year in a unanimous vote for undoing all the damage that incompetent Billy King did.

Hard to bet against my Bulls being the worst team in the league. Their best player is zach lavine coming off an ACL tear?  Is it Robin Lopez? The rookie they moved up in the draft for? Hard to say. 

The Knicks will play some ugly basketball, but the Porzingis/Kanter duo is going to win some games. I really don't see how the Bulls beat anyone.  Maybe a few games a month when Mirotic plays well.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Damn. You'd think they'd at least have had enough leverage to get somewhat of a discount. 

Good for him though.

That's an insane amount of money for a guy who has only played 31 NBA games. The man must be as good as they say. Check out this Brett Brown quote:

"He does things on a court that remind me of, you know, somebody that's able to hear music and just play the song," Brown said. "You know, he will study [Tim] Duncan, or study KD, or another player, and all of a sudden it's a part of his game. He's very unique, very unique."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20971278/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-accepts-max-rookie-scale-contract-extension

59 minutes ago, Jrag said:

That's an insane amount of money for a guy who has only played 31 NBA games. The man must be as good as they say. Check out this Brett Brown quote:

"He does things on a court that remind me of, you know, somebody that's able to hear music and just play the song," Brown said. "You know, he will study [Tim] Duncan, or study KD, or another player, and all of a sudden it's a part of his game. He's very unique, very unique."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20971278/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-accepts-max-rookie-scale-contract-extension

We had the 3rd best net rating in the league last year when he played behind Golden State and San Antonio. Last year we had the scoring margin of a 56 win team with him on the floor and an 11 win team when he didn't play. It was pretty ridiculous.