DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Breakdown:

• Top 4 picks up for grabs.  
  • You can slide from 1st to 5th, 2nd to 6th, etc.  
  • Worst 3 teams have an equal 14% chance at a lottery pick. Then ~2% less for #4, ~2% less for #5, and so on... 8-14 have a less than 2% chance of winning.
  • Commissioner can fine teams for sitting healthy starters.
  • The proposal to prevent teams from having a top 4 pick in consecutive years was rejected.

The NikeXNBA thing was tonight where they revealed the new jerseys.  Here's everyone:

DJz1SqfXUAEVE13.jpg

Most of them are at least decent.  The Sixers, Bucks, and Warriors are probably my top 3.  Those Wolves uniforms are hot garbage.

I didn't expect the Lakers or Celtics to change much, since their look is so iconic. Dallas went with a little darker color, but I didn't expect them to change either, since I lowkey expect a full rebrand after Dirk retires. OKC's new jersey is fire tho.

Kevin Durant accidentally revealing that he uses puppet accounts on social media to defend himself is my favorite off season story.

He was right tho. Couldn't win a championship with those cats.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 11:15 AM, MarcosLoura said:

I feel so left out when shoes like those and Yeezys are popular. Shit's so ugly.

I inundated myself with the whole sneaker/streetwear culture when I started reselling shoes. Some of it I still roll my eyes at. I actually like Yeezys, but you have to wear a specific style to make them work. Throw them on under a pair random jeans and they'll look like shit. I never kept a pair I copped, because I don't think I can pull them off. 

What gets me isn't that people think a shoe is cool, because everyone's taste is different and some people can make shit work that on paper looks terrible ...no, what gets me is how much these fucking doods will pay for those shoes. Astounding numbers. I think it's ridiculous that people would pay retail for some of these shoes(around 200 bucks) but the idea that they're throw down double to triple that is fucking banana pants.

I fucking love me some basketball sneakers though. They just add to the game in a completely inconsequential purely aesthetic way. CAn't wait for the season to start just to see the colorway's people come up with. Jordan 32's are rolling out. They're pretty killer.

air-jordan-32-xxxii-mj-day-release-date-

Kyrie Irving's Best move this offseason was the Bruce Lee's.

bruce-lee-nike-kyrie-3-AJ1672-700-4.jpg

And Lebron's new sneaker is pretty slick too.

• Like 1

All Durant really did with this fake account stuff is validate the trolls who say he took the easy way out.  His recent interview discussing the week following his decision didn't make it look great either.  Bullshit he couldn't win. They were one win away from the finals.  Then he joins a 73-win team.  A lot of people said it was a bad move and then he validates that.  He should be giving no fucks and celebrating.  All this "I haven't slept in two days"  stuff.  Really?  

• Like 2

ROFLZ @ OKC trading Kanter within days of his "Thunder are a FAMILY" KD rebuttal...

No lie, I think the last pair of basketball sneakers i had were the Converse Grammamas...after that I did strictly shelltoes for years until I became middle-aged and fell into "whatever the cheapest shit is at DSW that's not made of that stupid runner's mesh"...

aab9b6d6d6a6a6b138db9a7723cd04f5.jpg

Also if you rocked thee with some Karl Kanis and a sock hat at any point in like 1992 or so your Hip-Hop culture credentials are impeccable...

packer-shoes-x-fila-fx-100-the-og-5.jpg?

• Like 2

On 6/13/2017 at 10:27 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, this was fast...

The Warriors have unanimously declined the White House invitation to celebrate their title. 

http://www.ajc.com/sports/warriors-unanimously-decline-white-house-visit-per-reports/i7uecqAhFfD8e2pj8KAqKK/

Shields up for incoming hot takes from the usual sources.

So... this has turned out to be true.  The Warriors have now officially declined the invitation to visit the White House after this morning's Steph Curry tweet by... sigh... the President of the United States. 

• Like 2

Russ plays out of his mind. Get's Paul George and Melo the next season.

James Harden has an incredible season. Get's Chris Paul.

Kawhi Leonard does everything on both sides of the ball at spectacular level  and gets..... Hey Kawhi who'd you guys get this offseason?

PerkyDescriptiveBobwhite.gif