DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Watching the way the Nets are using having no chance at competing for a few years but cap room to fleece teams trying to get out of terrible contracts is really fun. That took over Mozgov and charged the Lakers Russell. They took on Carrol, an already useful player and got a first and second. Now they dumped a terrible player on a bad contract to get Allan Crabbe, who is vastly overpaid BECAUSE OF THE NETS and clogging the Blazers cap space. Crabbe even waived the 15% trade kicker Brooklyn gave him last year in their offer sheet.

They got three useful players and two draft picks, and will have all the terrible contracts cleared off the cap sheet by the time they have any chance of competing again. At least now it's less likely they hand Boston the most ping pong balls again.

Oh and I didn't even mention that the terrible player on a bad contract they traded away was someone they picked up at the deadline and got a first round pick for taking him.

Yeah, the Nets are still really bad but they at least seem to be run by someone who has a plan towards the best way to deal with their abysmal situation.  I'm not sure there is any light at the end of the tunnel, but there is at least now a hope of the light appearing at some point.

Danilo Gallinari wasted no time succumbing to the "Being a Clipper" curse, and has broken his hand in a fight in an international friendly game this weekend. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2017 at 10:24 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Danilo Gallinari wasted no time succumbing to the "Being a Clipper" curse, and has broken his hand in a fight in an international friendly game this weekend. 

That's not a Clippers curse, that's Gallo being Gallo. He's made of sugar glass.

Gerald Henderson needs hip surgery and will likely miss the entire season.  I wondered why he hadn't been signed given the dearth of wing talent available.

I won't lie, 90% of the reason I'm posting about this is so I can also post this again:

7 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Apparently the Grizz were the only thing keeping Z-Bo in check, he got popped for possession of marijuana with intent to sell in LA last night.

I'm pro legalization but I have to ask: why the fuck would a guy who has been paid millions need a side hustle, much less one that caries a serious risk of going to prison? I mean how dumb do you have to be?

10 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I'm pro legalization but I have to ask: why the fuck would a guy who has been paid millions need a side hustle, much less one that caries a serious risk of going to prison? I mean how dumb do you have to be?

The bigger question is if Z-Bo has been doing this for years, as is rumored, how the fuck does he not have someone to hold his weed for him?

You do realize that intent to sell, doesn't mean that you intend to sell weed right?  Intent to sell, means you have more than one bag of weed.  If you have a 1/2 pound of weed in one bundle, it is simple possesion, but if you have two dime bags it is intent to distribute.  It doesn't necessarily mean you were intending to sell weed.

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

You do realize that intent to sell, doesn't mean that you intend to sell weed right?  Intent to sell, means you have more than one bag of weed.  If you have a 1/2 pound of weed in one bundle, it is simple possesion, but if you have two dime bags it is intent to distribute.  It doesn't necessarily mean you were intending to sell weed.

Oh yeah, I'm aware it has to do with quantity and how its packaged.  One of the myriad ways drug charges are bullshit.  I am definitely skeptical of the circumstances of the arrest.

In non-legal news the T'Wolves revealed their new uniforms and they are bad.