DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

I remember reading that Jimmy Butler and Kyrie are great friends and bonded over Team USA. There were rumors of Kyrie trying to bring Butler over to Cleveland and eventually telling Jimmy not to come because of how messed up the FO situation was, so Minny makes sense.

33 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They should try to ship Kyrie for Melo and Porzingis. See if the Knicks are still painfully stupid

I was thinking Kyrie for Melo and our 2018 first. Would get rid of someone with no value to us and essentially be trading the pick for a star just entering the prime of his career at the position we desperately need to fill. As much as I hate giving up a pick Irving is very likely as good or better than anyone we could get in the draft.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

ESPN's story is saying that Kyrie told Dan Gilbert that he no longer wants to play behind Lebron James and wants to go somewhere he is "the focal point"

Good grief.  Does Kyrie think he would have won that ring without LeBron going into basketball deity mode? The Cavs were winning #1 draft picks right and left before James went back to Cleveland. It's LeBron.  You're automatically #2 behind him at least for the next few years. It's the equivalent of Gronk wanting to play with Andy Dalton over Tom Brady. I'm not opposed to Kyrie wanting to test the waters in case LeBron leaves next year.  But not wanting to play with the guy who erases so many of your and other teammates' shortcomings?  (face palms)

Brian's idea is great and if I'm Cleveland, I do my best to make it happen.  Porzingis with LeBron would be a blast to watch.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

ESPN's story is saying that Kyrie told Dan Gilbert that he no longer wants to play behind Lebron James and wants to go somewhere he is "the focal point"

Wasn't the last time Kyrie was the "focal point" of the team they only won about 35 games with the Cavs.   And that was with Kevin Love.  

33 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wasn't the last time Kyrie was the "focal point" of the team they only won about 35 games with the Cavs.   And that was with Kevin Love.  

Kevin Love got traded to Cleveland after LeBron had come back to town. It was Kyrie and the scrubs the season before LeBron returned.

• Like 1

I say force Kyrie to play for the team and ignore his wishes and if he doesn't put in full effort, ship his ass off to the best offer you can get regardless of team. He might be afraid of LA because he thinks that's where the end of the world is and he might fall off.

29 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

While we were all freaking out about Kyrie, it looks like the best point guard in the East signed his supermax deal.

I do like it that Wall signed it basically in the middle of the night on a Friday

Like he really wanted the money but really wants to downplay being stuck with the Wizards 

• Like 3

I actually do not think this is the worst case scenario for the Cavs if they ignore Kyrie's "preferred destinations" list and go all in on getting the best deal from any team. Kyrie is young, an amazing offensive player, and he's on  agood superstar contract for a couple more years but I wouldnt trust his health or defense to hold up and you're selling high on his value right now. Kyrie kind of screwed them by waiting until late in the off-season to do this though. 

I would at least give the Pelicans a call and see about Davis. I'm sure they would hang up but you can always call them back about Cousins later if you get desperate.

I love Kyrie so much right now. KD joining Golden State was the all-time biggest chump move. Kyrie wants to go to a place where it's all on him. Good for him. Cleveland's FO sucks. I'm sure playing with LeBron has a huge downside. LeBron is as close to being a perfect basketball player ever created. No one else is that good. Kyrie is legit great, but he's not that good, and getting side-eyes and passive aggressive treatment from LBJ has to be tough. LBJ is also going to have his big DECISION 3 next year and why let your career get held hostage if you want to do your own thing? 

• Like 1

On a related note, there are several bad things about living in Philly like mass amounts of poverty, political corruption and the constant blowing of garbage in your face. But I think the worst part about living here right now might be Sam Hinkie obsessives and Process Worshippers. It has made it REALLY hard to root for the local professional basketball team. 

There are two aggravating things:

1) THIS TEAM IS THE NEW DYNASTY AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF HINKIE TANKING AND WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR. Counter: The team's best players consist of a big man who averages 10 games per surgery, two rookies (one of whom sat out a year because of a foot break) and a good enough player in Saric. Like... let's cool it. Getting to the playoffs is a long slog, even in the crappy ass East.

2) LEBRON SEES THIS UNFOLDING DYNASTY AND IS COMING HERE NEXT YEAR. Bwahahahahahaha.

I'd trade for Kyrie if I were the Sixers. You have at least two years of a 25-year-old stud PG. They'd have to trade off either Fultz or Simmons plus a pick, but it's worth it. One of the whole points of The Process was to jump on the market when someone like Kyrie shockingly joins the market. How good is Fultz going to be? If he's as good as Kyrie, then he's a hell of a player. It's worth getting the known quantity and hoping he likes it here enough to resign.

• Like 1

Saw this on the internet... possible trade involving Kyrie

Cavs get Eric Bledsoe, Danny Green, DeJonte Murray, Spurs 1st round pick next year

Spurs get Kyrie, Shumpert

Suns get Lamarcus Aldridge

On 7/23/2017 at 6:52 PM, goodhelmet said:

Saw this on the internet... possible trade involving Kyrie

Cavs get Eric Bledsoe, Danny Green, DeJonte Murray, Spurs 1st round pick next year

Spurs get Kyrie, Shumpert

Suns get Lamarcus Aldridge

If I'm the Cavs I don't want most of that lot for Kyrie especially since they wouldn't be getting the 1st or second best players in this deal.