DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

David Griffin pulled his name out of contention with the Knicks because the Knicks refused to give him total control nor would they let him big his own front office staff.

Yup - that is gonna work out great for them...

How many times do you think Isiah has called or texted in the last two weeks?

Oh shit, Zach Lowe just uploaded a podcast with Jerry Stackhouse.  This is gonna be good.

I'm still disappointed that Stack and 'Sheed didn't end up being Bucks assistants as was rumored when they hired Kidd.  It would have been the most unfuckwithable coaching staff of all time.

• Like 3

KCP lost hard in free agency, but will get to play again next year, and in the meantime he gets a lovely consolation prize of a one year/$18 million "prove it/don't clog the cap for next year" deal with the Lakers.

Two rule changes for next year: teams get 14 timeouts in a game instead of 18, and the trade deadline is getting moved ahead of the all-star game to February 8th.

EDIT: And opening night is moved up to October 17th.

You should be allowed to use all 14 consecutively to really rest up for that final 2 minutes. Who cares if you're down by 38.

I kind of hope you guys get him for two reasons. Makes the west far more competitive at the top and Melo can play his game without the burden of being the team's primary scorer. I read it was a 4 team deal. Any idea of who is involved? 

Rumors I've heard was Portland -- alleged deal was HOU - Melo, POR - Ryan Anderson, NYK - Harkless, with picks spread around.  4th team?  No idea.  I'd guess Brooklyn, but that's wild speculation.  I'm worried if its more than just Ryno leaving.  I know Carmelo is an upgrade over Ryno, but I don't know if he's an upgrade over Ryno AND Ariza or Capela or Gordon.  You need Capela for lobs, and Gordon was essentially our entire bench.  I guess Ariza is more expendable with PJ Tucker in, but Ariza is everybody's best friend (and our best returning defensive player; in that, he'll actually play defense). 

There's always Greg Monroe! I hear if Melo goes to Houston they have this new play worked out where when Melo misses a shot, he just stands there waiting for everyone to come running back down the court so he can take another shot and doesn't have to play D. He assumes 4 can guard 5.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

That's not Houston, it's the Kings.

(No, for real, the owner really suggested that)

Hey, it worked for his daughter's youth basketball team, why not in the NBA?

(That is also, unfortunately, not a joke)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

There's always Greg Monroe! I hear if Melo goes to Houston they have this new play worked out where when Melo misses a shot, he just stands there waiting for everyone to come running back down the court so he can take another shot and doesn't have to play D. He assumes 4 can guard 5.

If Houston gets Melo, they could possibly play 4 on 5 on offense, but they need someone who can play D.  

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Hey, it worked for his daughter's youth basketball team, why not in the NBA?

(That is also, unfortunately, not a joke)

The Sacramento Kings, ladies and gentlemen

Speaking of the Kings, their VP, Scott Perry, is interviewing for the Knicks GM job.  Because if there's an org whose front office you want to emulate, it's definitely the Kings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Speaking of the Kings, their VP, Scott Perry, is interviewing for the Knicks GM job.  Because if there's an org whose front office you want to emulate, it's definitely the Kings.

The deal is done.

You remember all of us laughing at Lonzo Ball's terrible first summer league game?

Last night he almost dropped what would've been only the third triple double in summer league history. The game before that he had only the second triple double in summer league history.

Oh, and a few days ago he had the first ever triple double in summer league history.

It doesn't mean he's going to be a star, but it's a pretty good sign for the Lakers.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

You remember all of us laughing at Lonzo Ball's terrible first summer league game?

Last night he almost dropped what would've been only the third triple double in summer league history. The game before that he had only the second triple double in summer league history.

Oh, and a few days ago he had the first ever triple double in summer league history.

It doesn't mean he's going to be a star, but it's a pretty good sign for the Lakers.

The thing you seam to have left out of this report is what was one thing different he did between game one and games two, three, and four?

Answer he stopped where is dads company shoe.

• Like 1