DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Not just 4/228... 

4/228, guaranteed.  The final year will pay him north of 45M.  

I'm sorry but the NBA is going to be unsustainable at that level of salary.

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Not just 4/228... 

4/228, guaranteed.  The final year will pay him north of 45M.  

I'm sorry but the NBA is going to be unsustainable at that level of salary.

I'm not going to hold my breath that he actually sees all 228. Isn't it just as likely they keep doing extensions that bring his single year cap hit down?

On 7/7/2017 at 2:38 PM, Zimbra said:

Hahahaha, holy shit the Knicks offer to Hardaway Jr also includes a 15% trade kicker and the same "gets 50% of his salary before the season" clause that the Net's offer to Porter has.

So they may be giving an inflated contract to a mediocre player, but at least they're also making him impossible to trade.

Here is Atlanta's response:

5NBmYBV.gif

Welcome back to MSG Timmy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Demarre Carroll and two future picks to the Nets for Justin Hamilton, who I had no idea was still in the league.

What?!? 

Edit: yeah I get that's it a salary dump, but a first and a second to dump a decentish player for Justin Hamilton. This smaller than expected cap is the best thing ever.

They're both useful players, especially Porter, and they are both now massively overpaid, especially THJ.

Fun side note: THJ's new deal is worth $23 million more than his dad made in his entire career.

David Griffin pulled his name out of contention with the Knicks because the Knicks refused to give him total control nor would they let him big his own front office staff.

Yup - that is gonna work out great for them...

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

David Griffin pulled his name out of contention with the Knicks because the Knicks refused to give him total control nor would they let him big his own front office staff.

Yup - that is gonna work out great for them...

Knicks just love to drive the knife deeper in the hearts of their fans.

3 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Wasn't Tim Hardaway Jr playing in the D-League about 2 years ago?

He got sent to the D-League at least twice during the 2015-2016 season.  The two stints I can remember were both short - 3 to 5 days then he was recalled.  But, yeah, he was basically getting zero minutes with the Hawks for a while.

He had a relative breakout season as a scorer and decent ball handler off the bench this past year, but the Hawks were bracing for a deal in the 4/45 or 4/50 range according to reports. They would've likely matched, especially at 45.

Nobody saw the Knicks tagging on an extra 20-25 million. Atlanta probably literally didn't even discuss matching.