DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Kings offer Otto Porter a max deal.

Wizards are claiming they will match any deal (of course - Porter was always going to be offered a max deal it is just a question on if the Wiz keep him)

Gordon Hayward could be making his decision as soon as tonight.  It's between Utah, Boston, and Miami.  (While Utah can offer the most money, Miami doesn't have state income tax which roughly cancels the difference, and Boston is arguably the closest to being a 'contender'.)

Miami also met with Dion Waiters over the weekend. He's also met with the Lakers. 

Derrick Rose is meeting with the Bucks.  The Knicks are talking sign-and-trade for him.

Carmelo has told the Knicks he'd waive his No-Trade if the destination is Houston or Cleveland. 

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Gordon Hayward could be making his decision as soon as tonight.  It's between Utah, Boston, and Miami.  (While Utah can offer the most money, Miami doesn't have state income tax which roughly cancels the difference, and Boston is arguably the closest to being a 'contender'.)

Miami also met with Dion Waiters over the weekend. He's also met with the Lakers. 

Derrick Rose is meeting with the Bucks.  The Knicks are talking sign-and-trade for him.

Carmelo has told the Knicks he'd waive his No-Trade if the destination is Houston or Cleveland. 

A side note is Hayward wife is high on Miami as a living spot.

If Middleton stays healthy and they play well til Jabari comes back and he doesn't take another season to get back to form, the Bucks could be a major force in the East. That's a big if. They still have many years either way.

• Like 1

I'm expecting The Greek Freak to make yet another leap. He has all the potential to be a top 3 player in the league. Bucks could be very dangerous.  Hayward's wife apparently does love Miami and remember I think the Heat finished the year something like 30-11,  something like that.  If they add Hayward they are a clear playoff team and probably a possible contender in the East if everyhting broke right.  

I understand a lot of what Ainge has done but if he strikes out on Hayward and Boston brings back basically the same squad as last season that's a terrible fucking job. 

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm expecting The Greek Freak to make yet another leap. He has all the potential to be a top 3 player in the league. Bucks could be very dangerous.  Hayward's wife apparently does love Miami and remember I think the Heat finished the year something like 30-11,  something like that.  If they add Hayward they are a clear playoff team and probably a possible contender in the East if everyhting broke right.  

I understand a lot of what Ainge has done but if he strikes out on Hayward and Boston brings back basically the same squad as last season that's a terrible fucking job. 

I just don't understand that logic on Ainge. What exactly is he supposed to do when one of the chips he was trying to aquire team would take the best offer out of spite?

1 hour ago, muhammedboehm said:

I just don't understand that logic on Ainge. What exactly is he supposed to do when one of the chips he was trying to aquire team would take the best offer out of spite?

It's not about PG13 as much as it's about the totality. He could have got Cousins and/or Butler as well. So we are talking about 3 top 20 players that he's missed on over the last year and i he follows that up with missing out on Hayward then it starts to look a little ridiculous.  These assets need to be used.  He's not the best drafter in the world either.  Hopefully Brown continues to improve and Tatum isn't a bust. 

Another year of the Lakers aimlessly signing guys with no real direction/purpose other than cap considerations. Rondo....Hill....Waiters.

We could genuinely be worse than last year if Ball is the shit show I suspect he'll be. Why decide that D'Lo's antics weren't worth the hassle, but then went and pick a guy like Ball instead?

Is there a plan if George decides to stay in OKC/go elsewhere? 34 year old Lebron?

7 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

I am not sure this is actually true, or true as often it is claimed.  If this was a one time thing sure, but every time a deal isn't made a story comes out about how the Celts made such a good deal and the other guys just wouldn't take it.  Sure, I can buy a MJ-led team not taking 4 1st rounders for a random guy because i don't think MJ is good at his job, but when you say the same about seemingly every other team in the East I think someone is putting stories out there to cover their back.

42 minutes ago, _MJ_ said:

What do Utah, Boston, and Miami have in common?

A lot of white people, a lot of white people and uh.....a lot of old white people and tons of hispanic and latino folk? Utah, highest population of Puerto Ricans in the US. Don't check up on that stat.

41 minutes ago, Ryan said:

A lot of white people, a lot of white people and uh.....a lot of old white people and tons of hispanic and latino folk? Utah, highest population of Puerto Ricans in the US. Don't check up on that stat.

A lot of those Hispanic folks in Miami-Fort Lauderdale are white and identify as white. Basically, a ton of white people everywhere.

This is very true. So very white white baby. *cue 27 year old In Living Color reference* Only slightly dated!

• Like 2

The LA Clippers are working toward a sign-and-trade agreement with free-agent forward Danilo Gallinari on a three-year, $65 million deal, league sources told ESPN.

The Clippers don't have the salary-cap space to sign Gallinari, but are progressing on acquiring him through a three-way trade with the Denver Nuggets and Atlanta Hawks, league sources said.

The Clippers will send Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone and a future first-round pick -- possibly the 2018 pick recently acquired via Houston -- to the Hawks, league sources said. Denver is expected to receive draft compensation for facilitating the deal with Gallinari, who played the past six seasons for the Nuggets.

The proposed deal is poised to move the Clippers' payroll to $110.4 million in 2017-18, a salary figure based upon 10 players under guaranteed contracts. The Clippers will move into the financially punitive repeater tax if the team's salary rises over $119 million.

per ESPN