DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

I think a Horford/PG/Hayward/IT  team would have beat the Cavs but probably not the Warriors unless a key player on GSW was injured.  I don't mind not going after PG because he's going to L.A. anyway but it's the passing on Cousins and then Butler and then not signing Griffin..   there aren't many more available pieces out there 

Speaking of Wall

The Wizards have offered him the super max extension (the DPE if you will)

He has told them he is waiting to sign because he wants to see what the fuck they are doing with the franchise

Free-agent guard Jrue Holiday has agreed to a five-year, $126 million deal to stay with the New Orleans Pelicans, his agent Jason Glushon told ESPN on Saturday morning.

The deal includes incentive clauses that could push the contract's value to $150 million and contains a player option for the fifth year, Glushon said.

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So what are the odds that Paul George likes Russell Westbrook so much that he decides not to go to Los Angeles and stay in Oklahoma City? 

The same odds that Russ likes playing with PG13 so much he goes home to LA with him.

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Is James Harden in the Derek Fisher Dirty Mack Hall of Fame?

Fisher is on a different level. Granted it's one of the Govan sisters involved, but he didn't make it any better.

Harden gets around and I don't think anyone in Houston wants Chris Paul breaking up a fight between Harden and Shumpert mid season because James tried to holla at Teyana Taylor. I wouldn't blame James, but hey....

5 hours ago, brocklock said:

JJ Reddick to Philly for 1y/23m to restore balance to the conferences.

The East has retained the talents of Jose Calderon as the Cavs have signed him. We can rest easy tonight.

I doubt they'll mind if the profit margin is high enough. Also, Greg Monroe is gladly available for any takers. I'm looking in your direction OKC.

OKC needs shooters. Monroe's a trade deadline move I bet, either to a team that wants to clear salary before free agency next year, or one trying to get to the floor.

Thibs is really trying to make me get league pass so I can not watch this garbage current Bulls team as Minnesota signs Taj Gibson to a 2y/28m deal. Two of my favorite Bulls in the last ten years with my favorite coach and Wiggins/KAT. I need league pass.

Even though Deng is completely washed up, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to trade for him since he talked about Deng as much as Jimmy during the press conference I watched. It makes no sense, since they already signed Teague but I wonder if he tries to go after Rose. I think Rose can still be useful in the NBA as a microwave bench player. He averaged his highest point total on his best field goal percentage since the ACL tear, but his defense is so atrocious that it's hard to play him heavy minutes anymore.

Well, Toronto is going all in. Signed Ibaka to a 3 year deal and will likely bring back Lowry. They'll likely need to move some contracts to avoid the luxury tax. Sounds like they've been attempting to move Valanciunas. Carroll would be one of the harder guys to move.

I don't really get it. Best they can hope for is Lebron goes west and they're the weakly western representative in the finals that gets swept. 

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

OKC needs shooters. Monroe's a trade deadline move I bet, either to a team that wants to clear salary before free agency next year, or one trying to get to the floor.

Rudy Gay apparently came and went without making a deal, and they may not even make a big enough offer to keep freakin' Andre Roberson.  Looking at their roster right now, while Westbrook and George are obviously great, there is a pretty massive drop off after Kanter and Adams.  And I don't know who they can legit afford right now if they couldn't even fight to keep Taj.

7 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Rudy Gay apparently came and went without making a deal, and they may not even make a big enough offer to keep freakin' Andre Roberson.  Looking at their roster right now, while Westbrook and George are obviously great, there is a pretty massive drop off after Kanter and Adams.  And I don't know who they can legit afford right now if they couldn't even fight to keep Taj.

And Kanter is basically unplayable against elite offenses in the playoffs.

Roberson and George on paper would be a terrifying defensive duo on the perimeter, and let them stick Russ on the least threatening perimeter player and save him for offense.

Edit: I kinda get what Toronto is doing. This is the most successful (and likely most profitable) era in team history, and they are just gonna ride it out before they rebuild, since they don't really have a clear path forward this year even if they had let everybody walk.

I hope Ainge realizes that you know maybe Brooklyn won't be the worst anymore.  Chicago, Indiana and Atlanta just folded. Not shocking, I said that this would happen.  I expected Toronto to do the same but they've had a full building and still have a slight chance at the finals if say LeBron got hurt.  If we thought the East was weak as fuck before...   and I do love the young core that Philly has but people need to slow down a little bit.  Embiid might be one of these big men who never stay healthy and Fultz/Simmons are rookies.