DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Just to kick Phil Jackson's corpse remember the Knicks probably could've got Rubio for Rose, who was A: Completely washed up and B: A pending free agent.

Rubio's shot remained an issue right up until around the deadline. Then all of a sudden he spent the last third or so of the season knocking em down at s way better rate than he ever has. Probably just a hot streak outlier, but hope springs eternal.

If Westbrook hasn't signed his five year/$200+ million dollar deal by 12:30 or so, all hell will break loose.

• Like 1

I think that reinforces the idea that Blake and CP3 didn't exactly love playing with each other. Also increases Boston and Miami's focus on Hayward, unluckily for the Jazz.

I looked around for Rubio's shooting stats and he's not as good of a finisher at the rim as I thought. And yeah, he was stinky from outside up until the second half or so of the season and then hit career numbers. If he can even be respectable from outside and midrange, it will stop teams from leaving him open. His acquisition doesn't mean the Jazz can't go after Hill or another quality PG to split time with Rubio either, as they had that $16 million in space that had to be used up before tomorrow or else it disappeared. One day, I will try and make sense of the CBA. Anyway, if I'm a midrange shooter like Hayward, I'm loving the Rubio trade because he's going to get Gordon some high quality looks.

Now we just need Hayward to re-sign and all is right. I cannot wait to see Russ and PG-13 next season. OKC will have George and Roberson guarding the wings. Those OKC/HOU games are going to be fuuuuun.

• Like 1

My push notifications have been oddly quiet, yeah. 

Where does Lowry end up? Zach Lowe suggests Toronto should low-ball him (if you can count 4 years/$100 million low). This Toronto team isn't winning shit, so they may as well jump off the treadmill and say goodbye to Lowry. There are a glut of quality PGs available.

edit:

Meanwhile...

dannystare-1.gif

2 minutes ago, brocklock said:

So far, The East have lost Paul George, Jimmy Butler, and Brook Lopez in the offseason to the West. Victor Oladipo might be a top ten East player at this rate.

LBJ

Irving

Love

I. Thomas

K. Porzingis

Antetokounmpo

Drummond?

Embiid?

DeRozen?

Bradley?

3 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

LBJ

Irving

Love

I. Thomas

K. Porzingis

Antetokounmpo

Drummond?

Embiid?

DeRozen?

Bradley?

I was kind of trolling there, but holy shit it's so lopsided. I'd have Kemba in there over a few of those guys. The West have Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Butler, Paul George, Klay, Draymond, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Blake, Lillard, Cousins, KAT, Gobert, Jokic, Brook Lopez, I'd throw Booker in as well. Ridiculous compared to the East.

28 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

My push notifications have been oddly quiet, yeah. 

Where does Lowry end up? Zach Lowe suggests Toronto should low-ball him (if you can count 4 years/$100 million low). This Toronto team isn't winning shit, so they may as well jump off the treadmill and say goodbye to Lowry. There are a glut of quality PGs available.

edit:

Meanwhile...

dannystare-1.gif

Butler has apparently tried to try to convince Lowry to go to Minnesota, which could be a big part of the Rubio trade.

Just now, El Dragon said:

Butler has apparently tried to try to convince Lowry to go to Minnesota, which could be a big part of the Rubio trade.

I can't see that happening now since Minny signed Jeff Teague.

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

Paul George to OKC.

Oladipo and Sabonis the other way so far.

Imagine if this would have happened last year.  Would Durant have gone to Golden State?   Oh well I doubt he is thinking that.

It is funny but with all of these stars going to the West then there isn't really a need for Lebron to move to another "super team" like people thought a month ago.  Chicago is out of the it.  Indiana is out.   Teams like Washington or Miami or Toronto didn't improve so far and with Toronto still might get worse

Ainge is a fucking idiot what is he waiting for.  Blake Griffin signed a max with the Clippers.  Now Paul George is traded to OKC for peanuts.  I understand PG is just a rental but Ainge needs to make some moves here.  No Cousins, no Butler, no George..     if he loses out on the Hayward sweepstakes just fire him. 

• Like 1

They'll be kind of competitive for another year and then the youth movement will likely start in earnest. I think he's done really well. I don't even know if IT, Hayward, PG-13 beats the Cavs this year or the pushes the Warriors all that hard after LeBron leaves.