DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Bucks' draft board every year is just an excel spreadsheet sorted by wingspan.

EDIT: Jesus, his twitter handle is even Lanky_smooth

Wilson can shoot the lights out. 

56 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They got Butler for an undeveloped young pg that can't shoot, a pick in the second half of the top five, and Lavine coming off an injury? How the hell did Boston not manage to complete the move?

Ainge has a plan. Just nobody knows what the fuck it is including Ainge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Goddamit, Kings, quit drafting Jayhawks and fucking up their careers.

Golden State acquired Jordan Bell from the Bulls for cash.  I like it.

I was scared of Thibs taking Bell at 16. This is much worse. 

Like, Golden State just paid 3.5M for a dude that fits perfectly into their system and might be one of the steals of the draft and he'll probably spend most of the year in the D-League.

Four of my favorite Bulls from the last ten years or so in Jimmy Butler, Derrick Rose, Taj Gibson, and Luol Deng have been traded for Kris Dunn, a player ESPN projected to be the next Channing Frye, Zach LaVine coming off a torn ACL, Robin Lopez (Who has been solid, but I figure will be traded soon), Jose Calderon which turned into a second rounder, Jerian Grant, Joffrey Lauvergne, Anthony Morrow, Cameron Payne, an Andrew Bynum salary dump, and a draft pick that was thought to be hopefully top ten which turned into a potential nba caliber second rounder which finally turned into 3.5 million dollars.

Gar Forman and John Paxson have been deadlocked with the Kings and Knicks for worst front office in the NBA, but including the 16th pick in this Butler trade cements them as the worst for me. They can make these stupid deals without including picks. The same thing happened with giving up a 2nd rounder with Doug/Taj for OKC garbage. The Bell trade feels like trolling the fans. Bulls needed athletic defensive minded players and Bell fit that quota.

I wondered why Tatum kept laughing when he announced picks.

Also, I've turned on Woj tweeting the picks a minute before they happen.  It feels pointless and show-offy.

16 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

They got Butler for an undeveloped young pg that can't shoot, a pick in the second half of the top five, and Lavine coming off an injury? How the hell did literally any other team in the league not manage to complete the move?

FTFY

Jimmy Butler is legitimately one of the top 10-15 best players in the league and they got him for a bunch of fair to middling pieces.  They traded a perrenial all-star for a bunch of guys who may never be an NBA level starter.  

It's just the most baffling decision. One, I can't believe Ainge didn't out bid the Wolves for Buttler. Two, I can't believe the Bulls agreed to pick swap. Three, they picked another power forward, which has to mean they're passing on Mirotic. Four, despite clearly goi g into rebuild mode they sold a possible second round steal to the Dubs. I mean, if the Warriors, the most succesful team in the league,  are willing to spend 5 times more than what the guy will even earn in his Rookie year just to draft him, maybe he's worth keeping.

And on and on and on. There's just sooooo much to unpack in terms of stupidity. Do they think they're going to attract some free agents? With what? Jimmy Butler was the lure for other free agents. No one's going, oh that well run Chicago orginization, surely they'll build around me and we'll get titles together. Especially when all the succesful people players and coaches we've had have left and told everyone the office is a bunch of coniving dickwads who put spies in the lockerroom. Jesus they fired a Coach of The Year, hired their guy, and then failed to give him anything he needed to run his brand of basketball. And are clearly positioning him to be the reason for the team's failure.

Bulls forever but fuck these clowns.

• Like 2

Here's the latest from Boston.  

Stevens absolutely loves Tatum.  

Ainge wants to get through free agency first and then maybe make a deal. Celtics need to move Rozier to offer full max.  There's a report that PG would be willing to sign a 3-year  deal with Boston if they land a player like Hayward.  I don't buy that report at all but we'll see. 

Ainge wants a starting lineup of all the shortest guys at every position who are still great. An 6'6" guys that can play Center out there?