DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

It's going to be awesome when the LA team LeBron ends up playing for is the Clippers.

Allegedly, that's why they hired Jerry West, to try and get him to make the pitch

I think the Clippers have a couple of things working against them vis a vis getting Lebron.  Their cap situation isn't nearly as good as the Lakers.  They'd have to move at least one of their big 3 to get Lebron, and they still wouldn't have much room to build the rest of the roster.  Plus the Clips have consistently failed to surround their big 3 with a decent supporting cast either via the draft, trades or free agency, which I think might concern James.  And finally all of their key players are on the wrong side of their primes and they don't really have any up-and-comers on the roster.

Personally I think Lebron stays in the East.  Why get jobbed out by the Warriors any earlier in the playoffs then you have to?

• Like 2

If you are just going to job to the Warriors, might as well get a longer summer vacation out of the deal....

I think he would like to play with his friend CP3. So him and LeBron, and you get rid of either Blake or DeAndre, and then sign up the veterans willing to take less money to play with LBJ and try to win a ring.

11 minutes ago, Dewar said:

I think he would like to play with his friend CP3. So him and LeBron, and you get rid of either Blake or DeAndre, and then sign up the veterans willing to take less money to play with LBJ and try to win a ring.

Well then he's gonna feel real silly when Chris is a Spur next year.:P

• Like 1

I really want to see how Pop has the team play with both CP3 and Parker on the court together if Paul signs with San Antone. If they have Paul and stay healthy, I could see them pushing the Warriors.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

If you are just going to job to the Warriors, might as well get a longer summer vacation out of the deal....

I think if LeBron was still as high on the path of least resistance still, there would be no talk of him leaving Cleveland. However, there is because he knows that the Cavs have already hit the ceiling with that. You lost in 2015. You almost lost in 2016. You got beat down the next year and that was with ONE playoff loss before then. This choose-your-own-adventure shit is overrated. Either way, you play an unfavorable matchup at some point: You get the stacked Warriors or you get the team who was somehow good enough to beat the Warriors. So if someone upsets the Warriors, you really think they gonna stop playing basketball just because that's its own NBA Finals? No, the Cavs still have to play a real team. Whether you lose in May or mid June, you still didn't win the Larry O'Brien trophy. Another Eastern Conference title doesn't mean anything to LeBron anymore.

25 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Now it's out that Phil wants Josh Jackson if he's moving Porzingis. How would a Celtics/Knicks trade based around the 3rd and Porzingis work?

2017 #3

2nd First Round Pick (probably 2018 LAL/2019 SAC)

Marcus Smart

for

Porzingis.

Trade Machine says: it works

Other possibilities:

Jae Crowder

Jaylen Brown

Rozier/Young combined

I want Phil Jackson fired out of a cannon into a brick wall. In terms of awful sports executives he ranks up there with Ed Johnson or Mike Milbury.

1 hour ago, _MJ_ said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the offseason already being more intriguing than the 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs.

Taking my trash out was more intriguing than pretty much all of the first and second rounds (the Rockets/Thunder series was good up until game 4.)  Even if you talk about the Bulls upsetting the Celtics early, all it did was confirm was that they were going to die a death against Cleveland.

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

I want Phil Jackson fired out of a cannon into a brick wall. In terms of awful sports executives he ranks up there with Ed Johnson or Mike Milbury.

The fucked up thing is he's not even the worst Knicks GM of the 20th Century!

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Wizards have traded their 2nd round pick for Tim Frazier

Ernie clearly wanted the night off

Wow he actually got a person for that pick.  Usually he trades his 2nd round pick for about $100,000 and a free papa johns pizza.

Don't there  is a GM in the NBA that hates drafts more than Ernie Grunfeld.  I mean at least the bad ones actually want to have picks.  

That's a steep price. There are players with all star potential through 10 or so in this draft. If they acquire Porzingis and get Hayward or another big name in free agency, I could see them being serious contenders.

If they give up this kind of package, does this tie them to Thomas long term? There was some talk that they'd probably move on from him after this year but if you're dumping top end picks I think you gotta commit to winning now, don't you?

If I were a Celtics fan I would be wanting Zach Collins. Exactly what they need. Maybe not worth taking at 3 based on mock projections but underrated I'd say. I think I'll be most surprised if Smith Jr. doesn't go top 5. Legit Westbrook level athlete.