DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

LeBron to the Warriors for Thompson and Green. I'm calling my shots now! I'm not saying which Lebron, which Thompson, which Green or which Warriors or what sport.

The Cavs signing Mychel Thompson and Seth Curry would be the ultimate mindfuck.

I'm saying the NBA needs a Fake Diesel and Razor storyline to help business pick back up.

• Like 5

I don't think Fultz is the clear cut number one guy so don't love the idea. Don't really hate it either though. Ball seems like the best fit for our offense though. We play San Antonio style now and will have to change things up to run more pick and rolls adding Fultz. Any of the top guys will look good running in transition with Simmons though. 

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Well you never have to worry about screwing up draft picks if you never actually draft. . . .Maybe they think Hayward if staying in Utah(I hope so) ?

Utah can give him a super-max deal. But then he runs into GS or Houston or San Antonio every year.  I think he's leaving, the only question is, is he going to Boston... or Miami

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Utah can give him a super-max deal. But then he runs into GS or Houston or San Antonio every year.  I think he's leaving, the only question is, is he going to Boston... or Miami

They can't give him the supermax actually, he didn't make the all-NBA teams. They can pay him a bit more and give him the extra year, but it's not nearly as big a difference as it would've been.

2 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

The Celtics and the 76ers just traded their picks in the draft.  So the 76ers now have the #1 selection and the Celtics have the #3.

More importantly, it guarantees that Markelle Fultz will be badly injured in the next six to eight weeks...

Celtics also lock up the Lakers' pick next year and the Kings' pick in 2019, all of which are unprotected.

Not sure if Philly or Boston wins the trade.

3 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Celtics also lock up the Lakers' pick next year and the Kings' pick in 2019, all of which are unprotected.

Not sure if Philly or Boston wins the trade.

The Lakers pick is protected 2-5, and they only get the Kings pick if they don't get the Lakers pick, according to what I read on Yahoo a couple hours ago.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Lakers pick is protected 2-5, and they only get the Kings pick if they don't get the Lakers pick, according to what I read on Yahoo a couple hours ago.

I thought that NBA rules say you can't add protection to picks you got from a trade that weren't originally protected, which was being said a couple hours ago too.

Early reports was that it involved both picks but it's just the one, I don't like it.  Fultz may not be a clear cut franchise guard but he's a very good prospect and I still am not convinced Ainge knows what his play is.  Some say Anthony Davis, no that is not fucking happening so stop saying it.  New Orleans isn't moving AD.  Not anytime soon. 

Butler is a name that keeps popping up but I don't see how he makes Boston a title contender.  

The Celtics will reportedly receive the Sixers pick for 2017 and a 2018 1st round pick from the Sixers via the Lakers with protections. If that 2018 pick stays with the 76ers, then the Celtics will get the 2019 pick from the Kings.

How the Yahoo article now reads. Earlier it specifically said "2-5" so I'm guessing details are still coming out?

ESPN's article - which cites the Undefeated - is also saying the Lakers pick is protected and the Kings pick is the back up pick if they don't get the Lakers

So it is one or the other - not both

If you believe Chad Ford's report that Ainge wants Jackson more than Fultz, it all makes sense. Get the guy you want plus likely another top five pick? That's a good move (unless the Lakers throw a curve ball and grab Jackson instead of Ball) plus it will continue the "will Boston go all in" narrative for another year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Paul George has told the Pacers hes done with them after next season and wants to sign with them via free agency.

Completely killing any trade value he might have had. Pacers really have no choice but to dump him. Even just increasing the value of their own draft pick in 2018 will hasten a rebuild. Turner looks like he could develop into someone to build around. Not far off already. The only hope they have in getting any value from the Lakers would be eating one of those horrible deals that Deng and Mozgov signed last year in the deal. 

Hopefully Cleveland can get him on a 1 year rental. If it is just going to be Golden State and Cleveland again next year at least make it competitive.