DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

So this is what I think about Boston, assuming game 3 was a last gasp and not the start of an amazing upset:

Go hard after Hayward. If you land him, then move the #1 pick this year and some other throw in stuff (hopefully not next year's Brooklyn pick) to add Butler. Thomas/Butler/Hayward/Horford is a core that can compete. Re-sign guys as you can.

If you don't land him, draft Fultz, avoid the big trades. Neither Butler nor George alone is enough to compete. Then make the incredibly hard decision next year to let Thomas walk. Really small guys tend to age terribly, get out, hoard cap space with Fultz, Brown, another likely top five pick next year, etc, wait out LeBron a bit, etc. Team should still be really good next year, and maybe avoid ever really rebuilding while having a much better shot in 2023 or whatever.

Chris Bosh and Miami have come to an agreement to part ways.  The paperwork will probably be filed on 7/1 when the new CBA goes into effect, which will allow the Heat to get the most cap room back possible and pay out Bosh's salary through insurance.

He will be free to explore free agency, though I'm guessing a guy with a history of clotting is going to have a hard time finding work - especially at anywhere near what he was making before. 

Well, imagine if Jordan never existed and those were all Pippen lead teams. How good is he with some other group of guys? A few rings? None? BETTER THAN JORDAN AND A BILLIONAIRE?!

On 6/6/2017 at 0:09 PM, Ryan said:

No team repping UW-Madison, so.....GO MILWAUKEE! Or Marquette.

Oden is on the OSU alumni team, I hope he actually shows.

Derek Fisher got a DUI after he flipped an SUV registered to Matt Barnes in case you were wondering if that whole thing is still a fucking mess.

On 5/28/2017 at 10:02 AM, RIPPA said:

DA0KkX7UMAAyDTo.jpg

Pippen looks like one of those low-key guys who shows no emotion whatsoever.... right until he snaps and beats you to death with his shoe in the middle of an expensive restaurant.

That said, I'd be pissed if I had Pippen's career and spent the rest of my life seeing it summed up as "was Michael Jordan's teammate"

I'm here for ya, Pip.  Even got a shoe handy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Fuck yeah, 3 on 3 basketball is going to be a sport at the 2020 Olympics.

If there is one sport that can cause an international incident, 3-on-3 basketball is the one.  The vast majority of fist fights I've witnessed in my life started on a basketball court., because at least 50% of the game is talking shit until your opponent is so fucking angry he can no longer make a shot.  

Just now, supremebve said:

If there is one sport that can cause an international incident, 3-on-3 basketball is the one.  The vast majority of fist fights I've witnessed in my life started on a basketball court., because at least 50% of the game is talking shit until your opponent is so fucking angry he can no longer make a shot.  

Oh, this is an endorsement of the idea, by the way.  I'm all in on 3-on-3 becoming a professional/Olympic sport.

• Like 2

Yeah, with this, Cube's 3 on 3 league, The Basketball Tournament, and the expanded D-League we're living in a golden age of weird basketball and I'm all in for it.

• Like 3

So if 3 on 3 basketball will be played at the Olympics will it be like swimming and track and field where the 3 on 3 team will come from the already assembled national teams or will it be a separate team? And if its a separate team who do we think from the current rank and file NBA would make the best national 3 on 3 teams?

Sebastian Telfair was arrested in Brooklyn last night when he got pulled over driving without his headlights on at 3am.   Then the cops noticed his lit joint.  

THEN they noticed his cache of paramilitary weaponry.  

061117-sebastiantelfairarrested.jpg

THEN they noticed he was driving with a suspended license.   Sebastian Telfair had better procure some fantastic lawyers quickly, or he is going to prison for a very long time. 

Even Delonte West was like "Damn, dude, that's too many guns."

Rudy Gay opted out of his player option with the Kings for next year.  Given that he's coming off his achilles tear he's probably leaving money on the table, but on the upside he won't have to play for the Kings anymore.

• Like 2

LeBron to the Warriors for Thompson and Green. I'm calling my shots now! I'm not saying which Lebron, which Thompson, which Green or which Warriors or what sport.