DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live's shake it up, 11th April 2017.

The Natural

Thank or not my Sister for the reference as she used to watch that show.

Smackdown Live's turn seeing red to blue changes. Created the thread now if there's movement before the show and to talk about the switches afterwards.

I mentioned in the other thread that I'd love to see Braun moved to SDL as they are now very light on the heel side of things, but thinking about it more, Joe also could fill that role nicely. To do a side by side comparison from last night to whom I think will be moved tonight

Wyatt -- Joe or Braun

Miz/Maryse -- Rusev/Lana

Ambrose -- Owens

Alexa -- Charlotte

Mickie -- Emma

Rhyno/Slater -- Gallows/Anderson

Apollo Crews/Kalisto/Curt Hawkins -- New Day

I REALLY wanted Zayn to go to SD, but with Owens all but confirmed, I'd rather he stay on RAW so those two can be separated. On the other hand, I don't see him progressing any further on RAW than where he is now, so he SHOULD go to SD where he can move up the card a bit. But if he and Owens are both on SD, it's only a matter of time before they are feuding again. Ugh!

Well, since it's almost a give that Owens is going Smackdown since they would need the US title to make up for RAW getting the IC title I think Joe going to Smackdown has to be a high possibility since they've been keeping parings together and Joe/Owens seem to be an unofficial duo.

If Joe goes to Smackdown, Joe vs. Harper is a match that must happen.

• Like 2

Alternatives:

• Keep Owens on Raw. Send Jericho to SmackDown briefly with the US belt.
  • Corbin beat Ambrose last week. Use this as a reason to have Corbin take the belt off Ambrose on the same show where they run the Orton vs Wyatt Clown Car From The Black Lagoon match.
  • Draft Ambrose back tonight to SWERVE us.

They will do none of these things. 

• RIPPA locked this topic

Okay Owens and Sami to SDL, hardly a surprise, but do we really need to see this again?

Okay, AJ out to thunderous applause, cuts a pretty fair promo. Now we get Daniel Bryan out to make a match; apparently we get a three-way with Corbin, Sami, and AJ, as our main event. Gee, wonder who will win that? Winner gets winner of Owens/Jericho after Payback, however, the loser of that match will be forced to go to SDL. Fine way to promote your show. “Be sure to watch our show where people are sent as punishment for losing.

Fun tag with Usos and American Alpha… Yawn, Primo and Epico out to flex and posture.

Randy Orton vs. Erik Rowan: Time to go make a sandwich. Guess Randy won, Rowan jumps him for the beat-down.

What fresh hell is this? Mojo Rawley vs. Jinder Mahal: God help us all… Have no idea what happened, but pastrami and Swiss cheese is really good.

Okay, Shane is here to talk about the women’s division, I can only hope that Asuka is getting called up. Okay, this might be interesting, Shane calling out all the women… Haha, cute swerve, we get Tamina first, then Charlotte as expected, audible “We want Asuka chants” from the crowd. So do I, people, so do I…

I usually don’t comment on commercials, but they’re pushing a contest wherein the winner gets to hangout at a waterpark with Enzo & Cass. This really should have been the second place prize, with first place getting, I dunno, maybe ten bucks?

Okay, we’re going to get Rusev and Sin Cara gets mentioned first? Poor, poor Rusev… I had such high hopes for him.

Aiden English out to kill any heat in the show. The singing gimmick is going over like a fart in church. I knew that the Vaudvillans were doomed when they got called up. Sad.

Tye Dillinger out to bounce around in indy fashion and get the win. Crowd is into his “Perfect Ten” bit, we’ll see how long that lasts… Don’t get me wrong, I like Tye, he’s a fantastic talent, but stopping in the middle of the match to pull faces and do his “perfect ten” sign is about as business-exposing as it gets.

Ziggler out to cut arrogant heel promo, yawn, oh, wait…

My main man is here, Shinsuke Nakamura out to blow the roof off again. We have seen the future of WWE and he is Shinsuke Nakamura, the crowd loves him. I never wanted to see a Ziggler/Nak match before, but it could be fun. Whatever else one can say about Dolph, he does know how to take a real beating in the ring. They could go full-on NJPW style and it would be glorious.

Okay here’s our main event, we’re told that AJ wants to be called “the face that runs the place”, which sounds like something a used car dealer who shoots shitty local commercials would come up with. What pray tell, is wrong with “the hair that makes you stare”? Just sayin’.

So far this three-way is everything that I expected, which wasn’t much. I think we’re going to get fifteen minutes of guys getting all their stuff in to no great effect. Baron Corbin with a savage beating of AJ, I think he’s jealous of his hair. Baron Corbin has reason to be jealous of most guys’ hair.

This is actually kind of fun, please let’s not have Sami win… Cool, AJ takes it as expected. Show needed more Nakamura, but other than that, not bad.

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

Snip

You are the worst.

Pretty awesome show. So, Raw gets Miz, Alexa, Ambrose, and Wyatt. Smackdown gets Zayn, Owens, New Day, Charlotte, and mother fucking RUSEV! The big difference between Smackdown and Raw is if someone goes to Raw I assume they are gonna get fucked over. If they go to Smackdown, I think it's a fresh start for a lot of these guys. 

Basically, Smackdown got Zayn out of purgatory, cut some dead weight in Ambrose and Wyatt, and there roster right now is god damned pack. They even avoided the fucking Enzo/Cass grenade. Pretty great stuff.

• Like 5

Just now, steve said:

So, I hope they bring Lana in straight away with her dancing gimmick, so somebody can bully her and have Rusev make the babyface save when he's ready to come back.

Well, JBL is right there, so...

• Like 1

It would have been smart to keep Owens and Sami on different rosters but at the same time they're both much better suited to Smackdown.  The main event was really good.  Corbin isn't there yet but he's showing he's able to hang in the upper card.

The Usos/AA feud has to be one of the best series from an in-ring standpoint with the least amount of heat.  I kept waiting for a new team (preferably Cesaromus) to show up and take part, but at least we got that crowd-popping Shinging Stars run-in afterwards.  Meanwhile New Day are one of the most over acts on Raw and we get a 20 second vingette announcing they're going to Smackdown?

Wasn't Tamina on Smackdown this whole time just waiting to come back from injury?  She and Charlotte are good to freshen up the division but it's still got a lack of depth.

Nakamura's first feud being with Miz would have been more satisfying in seeing Miz' face get kicked off, but Ziggler is better in the ring so as long as this doesn't end up being another 50/50 feud (and based on the pop Nakamura is getting that's not likely) it'll be a good way to introduce Nak to the main roster before giving him a bigger push.

I hope Handsome Russev finally gets a decent push, but the past suggests otherwise.  Still, he has less of a chance of getting lost in the shuffle here.

There are a ton of potential matches I want to see on Smackdown and can't say the same for Raw, so Smackdown is still a far better a show as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Fuuuuck, I love Smackdown's roster. Nakamura, AJ, Rusev, Zayn, Owens, and hopefully a solo Big E push in time. 

You didn't cover Harper in there, and the Usos and AA in the tag division, and some potential Becky/Charlotte/Naomi womens matches.

The SD roster avoided every act I really didn't want them to have, and got most of the ones I wanted them to get. They were an Emma short of an A+

• Like 7