DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live's shake it up, 11th April 2017.

The Natural

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Sounds like a job for Luke Harper: Insurance adjuster 

Which of course, is just Luke Harper in his wifebeater and jeans, but with a necktie.

The only one who wasn't in on it was poor Rowan who really thought he finally found a place he belonged.

16 hours ago, caley said:

I love Aiden English returning to his singing gimmick.  Once, Bray officially moves on and the Orton feud is dead, I'd like to see English take on Rowan and try to train him how to be a man of culture and the theater.

They kind of already did this. During Rowan's aborted face turn/singles push they revealed he was a vintner and a member of MENSA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Comedian said:

The point isn't that you don't like Miz, the point is that you tell us over and over and over and over and over and over...which you probably wouldn't do if you weren't upset that so many people on the site have taken a shine to him...

Honestly, I don't really care who likes what. In fact, I don't even feel like I talk about Miz all that much. There's definitely other wrestlers I talk about more. Before this thread, I don't recall the last time I've said anything about him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

The Miz's turnaround as a character began around the time he was with Sandow - it wasn't some sudden thing that happened as a result of Talking Smack promos alone. You don't have to agree - but it sure is annoying to open up the show thread every week and see "Miz sucks" by the same 3 people. We heard you the first time.

For me, it was Tough Enough. Before Hogan shit the bed, Miz was a phenomenal host just going off the cuff. Jericho was a shitty replacement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

They kind of already did this. During Rowan's aborted face turn/singles push they revealed he was a vintner and a member of MENSA.

I remember that, but I'd prefer they retcon it out of existence and just have English try to train the grunting swamp-guy in the way of the elite.  Like Regal with Eaton back in WCW.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Comedian said:

The point isn't that you don't like Miz, the point is that you tell us over and over and over and over and over and over...which you probably wouldn't do if you weren't upset that so many people on the site have taken a shine to him...

It is worrisome so many of you were exposed to the same gas leak. 

• Like 4

I hope they can rehab Primo and Epico myself. They have that "last generation/nepotism" stink on them, but they can work the modern WWE tag style pretty well. If a series with American Alpha can't raise their stock, it's time to cut them loose.

Is there going to be a new team that steps up to the Usos, or are the SD tag titles just going back on the shelf for a couple months?

18 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I hope they can rehab Primo and Epico myself. They have that "last generation/nepotism" stink on them, but they can work the modern WWE tag style pretty well. If a series with American Alpha can't raise their stock, it's time to cut them loose.

Is there going to be a new team that steps up to the Usos, or are the SD tag titles just going back on the shelf for a couple months?

Get ready for a lot of Usos/New Day matches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I'm most excited about Smackdown getting the Colons. Primo is my number one guy.

I thought I was the only Primo fan. I have liked him a lot since he debuted 800 years ago. 

Not really big on him as a heel but he was a really good old school face. Thought he brought out the best in Carlito who stepped it up when teaming with Primo, 

Epico is good but he works better as a heel so I guess they split the difference.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, steve said:

Just to be clear, Braun crippling/killing Reigns is super babyface, but burning the cult leader's house down is bad?

(For the record, I liked them both a lot)

Braun walked right up to Roman, gave Roman time to stand up and take off his mic before engaging in the hoss fight. Braun gave management plenty of time to bring out more security to stop him, or slow him down so the ambulance could get away. Angle just dropped the ball on that one.  Next week Braun can just say, "I did it for Taker," and boom instant babyface, because the Attitude Era can be watered down at times, but it won't die.

Orton waited till Bray was hundreds of miles away before he torched that place. Cowardly heel. Plus, burning up the cameras that magically happened to be there, instead of pulling them out as if monitors on a Spanish Announcers' Table before the big bump, was a jerk store move. They could've given those cameras, and maybe a lighting rig, to ROH as a peace offering when trying to buy their tape library.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Victator said:

I thought I was the only Primo fan. I have liked him a lot since he debuted 800 years ago. 

Not really big on him as a heel but he was a really good old school face. Thought he brought out the best in Carlito who stepped it up when teaming with Primo, 

Epico is good but he works better as a heel so I guess they split the difference.

Primo is legit one of my favourite wrestlers ever. I have a silly amount of love for him. I remember being so sad when he turned heel, because he was just such a natural babyface. But then he had a match with Mark Henry on Superstars, and it turned out he was a really good stoogey old school heel too. I guess the Shining Stars will never be, well, shining stars, but if they at least get to work some longer TV matches, that will be good enough for me.

• Like 1

The tag divisions on both shows are so skewed in their face/heel dynamics. On SD, there are now two face teams and four heel teams, while on RAW there are two heel teams and five face teams. You'd think they would've helped alleviate that in the "shakeup" instead of moving one of the few face teams SD had over to RAW and one of the few heel teams from RAW to SD. They could've moved Breezango to RAW instead of Rhyno/Slater and Enzo/Cass to SD instead of The Colons and it would've then become a more even 3/3 and 3/4 split of heel/face teams on the shows.

22 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Primo is legit one of my favourite wrestlers ever. I have a silly amount of love for him. I remember being so sad when he turned heel, because he was just such a natural babyface. But then he had a match with Mark Henry on Superstars, and it turned out he was a really good stoogey old school heel too. I guess the Shining Stars will never be, well, shining stars, but if they at least get to work some longer TV matches, that will be good enough for me.

Have you seen his match with Shelton Benjamin from Puerto Rico that's on Youtube? It's legitimately great and it's mostly because of Primo.

Almost wish he would get released and go on a killer run for a few years.

I'd like to see if the Colons can gather any momentum since they are quite talented in the ring, but SDL isn't really the place for that. The whole tag scene has been down since Rhyno and Slater chanced into something good. It's baffling to me that they took what seemed like a sure fire team like American Alpha and have pretty much killed anything they'd worked for. That reception on Tuesday was pretty quiet.

I wonder if the Colons cutting a serious heel promo blasting their previous joke gimmicks and talking about how they are part of one of the greatest wrestling families in the world and show footage from the WWC  and talk up Carlos Sr being a Hall of Famer would work out? Or would that be too close to the Usos deal? I don't know if they can ever be taken seriously again, but I would like to see some real effort done because they are talented guys.

7 hours ago, quackhell said:

I wonder if the Colons cutting a serious heel promo blasting their previous joke gimmicks and talking about how they are part of one of the greatest wrestling families in the world and show footage from the WWC  and talk up Carlos Sr being a Hall of Famer would work out? Or would that be too close to the Usos deal? I don't know if they can ever be taken seriously again, but I would like to see some real effort done because they are talented guys.

I don't think combining Seven and Legacy is the recipe for a successful gimmick.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Have you seen his match with Shelton Benjamin from Puerto Rico that's on Youtube? It's legitimately great and it's mostly because of Primo.

Almost wish he would get released and go on a killer run for a few years.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just watched it and it is indeed really good. I love finding out other people are Primo fans. 

Holy shit. YouTube has a baby Primo vs maskless Rey match. Primo must have been a teenager here. I remember watching a really good Primo/Luke Gallows match from PR too. I imagine if he'd have stayed and worked at home more, he'd be considered a great worker. 

• Like 1