DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live's shake it up, 11th April 2017.

The Natural

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Well, that stupid line looks bad considering what she's tweeted this morning. 

For those of us without the, ahem, "benefit" of Twitter, could you please elaborate?

6 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Claimed TSA assaulted her at Logan Airport this morning. 

(Saw it on Reddit. I'm not a Twitter guy.)

I am so glad that I refuse to fly any more, those assholes are the fucking worst.

Well my son is pissed that Smackdown couldn't get Seth Rollins or someone flippy and kewl. We love Sami Zayn tho. Glad to see Smackdown being the brand that gets butchered every time RAW needs help. I'm an old school Blue Team Member so I wouldn't have it any other way.

AJ/Zayn/Nak/Owens/Rusev/Harper could be a decent update to the Smackdown Six.

Randy Orton being the champ is weird right now. No one is in a position to fight him, especially if they're dropping AJ down to US title. So I guess KO loses the belt and moves up to Orton in the Battle of People Who Had to Sacrifice Themselves at the Altar of Bork Lesnar.

24 minutes ago, OSJ said:

@Burgundy LaRue & others who have commented on psycho wrestling fans, this post got me six death threats, an e-mail bomb, and even two phone calls, (I was in the phone book, it didn't really take rocket science to get my number), for those reasons, I remain extremely proud of this piece of work. (The WWE and WCW fans that I lampooned, weren't nearly as furious as the XPW crowd.)

After last night, it's obvious that all the mutants aren't in the
bingo halls of Pennsylvania... Are there mutants on the West Coast
too? Let's find out:

Take the Old School John Fedmark Quiz:

ARE YOU A MUTANT?

1. What are you wearing right now? 
  a) Casual clothes - just the old jeans and T-shirt combination. 
  b) Business casual, because you are at work right now. 
  c) Tie-dye t-shirt and overalls because you think you're one of the fucking Dudleys. You sick little monkey.

2. You are in a bar talking with some of your friends. Describe the conversation. 
  a) It's basically man stuff - football, baseball, women and beer. 
  b) Philosophy, religion, politics, Bob Ryder's exploding head, whatever someone happens to bring up.
  c) Who the fuck has time for conversation when you're opening cans of beer with your forehead and slamming people through tables?

3. You spill the drink of a rather large person standing at a bar. He
makes a threatening gesture. How do you reply?
  a) "Wanna make something of it? I've said I'm sorry and if that's not good  enough perhaps we should settle this outside." 
  b) "Look, I'll buy you another drink if it makes you feel better!"
  c) Bang your head against a support beam until you're bleeding like a stuck pig so that he knows you're "hardcore"!

6. What type of car do you drive? 
  a) Late model import. 
  b) Gas-guzzling US monstrosity like a Chrysler because they're built to last.
  c) A 1968 El Camino with flames painted on the fenders.

7. How much beer does it take to get you drunk? 
  a) About ten pints. 
  b) More than ten pints. About fifteen. 
  c) There is no such thing as being too drunk!

8. What's your favorite beer?
a. Hell with beer, a little white wine with dinner is nice.
b. Whatever's cheap and on tap.
c. Anything that comes in 40 oz. can. 12 oz. cans are also acceptable if you open them with your forehead. Fucking drunken Neanderthal.

9. What music do you listen to? 
  a) An eclectic mix - jazz, blues, rock, rap, pop, anything that sounds good.
  b) Mainly middle of the road stuff, chart music. 
  c) Anything loud and obnoxious. 

10. What is your favourite poster on your wall? 
  a) You don't have any posters on your wall. 
  b) Weird movie posters and puro stuff from Japan.
  c) You don't have walls for posters because you sleep in your fucking car, you worthless drunken bastard.

11. How many women have you slept with? 
a) Just a couple, it's important that the relationship is "special".
b) Quite a few, but you've settled down and are looking for a long-term relationship.
c) Slept with? What does that mean? Do you mean while they're awake? Does it count if you hit the woman with a Singapore cane and slam her through a table first?

12. You are short of money and decide to get a job. What do you do? 
a) Take a job with a promising dot.com
  b) Work forty+ at a local factory while going to night school.
  c) Start a backyard fed and charge people $5 to watch you cut yourself open with a variety of gardening implements.

14. You have two tickets to the next ECW PPV and your girlfriend
announces that she has tickets for the ballet the same evening.
a) Give the tickets to one of your buddies and go to the ballet. 
b) Explain to her that this is a major event and you'll go with a friend and she can take one of her girlfriends to the ballet.
c) Hit her with a Singapore cane, slam her through the table and send her out to turn tricks so you and one of your worthless thug buddies can smoke some crack before the PPV starts.

15. It's movie night for you and your girlfriend, you select tapes for the VCR, you pick:
a. THE PRINCESS BRIDE, because it's something everyone can enjoy.
b. 1994 J-Cup, because you're trying to get your girlfriend interested in wrestling.
c. FACES OF DEATH, who cares if she likes it or not? Besides which, she  won't be looking at the screen anyway since you gave her $5 to give you head. You sick fucking bastard.

16. There's a head-on collision of two vehicles right in front of you.
You:
a. Call for emergency assistance.
b. Administer first-aid as best you can
c. Stand there chanting "X P Dub" and playing with your dick as the victims bleed to death.

ANSWERS: 
Mainly a: You're not a mutant. 
Mainly b: Thank God, neither are you. 
Mainly c: Nicely done, you degenerate bastard. You're a sociopathic thug that no doubt should be locked up. It's unlikely that you'll ever hold a job unless it's as a grave-digger or as a bouncer at a strip club. Your only sexual encounters have all likely begun with the woman naming a price, a price that you've probably had to mug an
honest citizen to meet. Do as all a favor and jump off a building to show us how "hardcore" you are, you worthless fuck.

Heh-heh-heh, boy oh boy, did this one hit all kinds of nerves...

Where is no.13 in this? Also, am I a mutant for asking?

I'm kind of astounded by the fact that the shake ups lead to quite a few feuds simply being transferred to the other brand. Count me in on those afraid of SDs women's division becoming Charlotte and the rest.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Where is no.13 in this? Also, am I a mutant for asking?

I'm kind of astounded by the fact that the shake ups lead to quite a few feuds simply being transferred to the other brand. Count me in on those afraid of SDs women's division becoming Charlotte and the rest.

#13. was actually ECW-specific, something nasty about Philly, don't recall exactly what. I was in a hurry and forgot to re-number the thing. ;-)

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Will your son accept Sin Cara in place of Kalisto?

Clearly the WWE thinks so

When I told him he said, "Why would they swap one for the other instead of trying to get them both together again? It doesn't make any sense."

I should be happy that that at 9 years old my son is catching on to the stupidity of WWE's decisions. Some fans in their twenties and thirties are still playing "Wait and see." or "I'll give them the benefit of a doubt".

• Like 5

I'm not sure what to think about kinda clean shaven Kevin Owens. I am totally excited about that roster though. I really hope that they still don't do a draft in June or July and reset everything again because this roster is outstanding. Losing Miz really sucks. Hopefully Raw Talk becomes a weekly thing if just to keep Miz strong. 

This roster though, wow. So many matches I want to see. SDL had to have a roster this good to balance the scales since Raw has

BRAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUNNNNNN

The look on Owens' face when Sami came out.  We're destined to do this forever.

Based on the roster changes this week (well, mainly the fact that friggin Shinsuke Nakamura will be there) I decided to pick up a couple of tickets for Smackdown in Des Moines in two weeks.  If you listen hard enough, I'll be one of the few people making noise during 205 Live.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FireThunder said:

The look on Owens' face when Sami came out.  "What fresh hell is this?"

Based on the roster changes this week (well, mainly the fact that friggin Shinsuke Nakamura will be there) I decided to pick up a couple of tickets for Smackdown in Des Moines in two weeks.  If you listen hard enough, I'll be one of the few people making noise during 205 Live.

FIFY

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

And here I thought that at least Miz moving to Raw meant we wouldn't get HumanChessgam e and Nice Guy Eddie doing the same tired "fuhfuhfuhwedontliketheMizfuhfuhfuh" routine in the SDL thread every week...

Wow, I get shit on because I don't like The Miz. If you've seen one Miz match, you've seen them all. When he doesn't have a mic in his hand, he's slightly more interesting than Randy Orton. All this time, I thought I've been one of the more civil and respectful posters here. Who knew I bothered somebody that much? Mission accomplished, I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like my steaks medium. I'm not much of a steak eater, but it's a nice treat once in a while.

Well, I'll just scrap all of my scientific analysis and start over. I won't even bother with variables like grilled, pan seared, or sous vide.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Well, I'll just scrap all of my scientific analysis and start over. I won't even bother with variables like grilled, pan seared, or sous vide.

If you sous vide a steak, you deserve the electric chair. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wow, I get shit on because I don't like The Miz. If you've seen one Miz match, you've seen them all. When he doesn't have a mic in his hand, he's slightly more interesting than Randy Orton. All this time, I've thought I've been one of the more civil and respectful posters here. Who knew I bothered somebody that much? Mission accomplished, I guess.

Good on ya, mate! Nicely done! ;-)

It's funny, because the Miz has his strengths if used sparingly. He can be a heat machine on the mic, but I certainly wouldn't want to see him wrestle every week. Hell, while Nak is beating the crap out of Dolph, have the Miz do an old-school anti-Japan tirade, build it for a PPV match. As a one-off it could be stellar. Not something I'd want to see every week, though. I spent a good part of the evening arguing this point, and people either get it or they don't. I'm glad that you're one of the ones that gets it. ;-)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I wonder if the same people who dislike the Miz also like their steak cooked well done.

If you're taking orders, I'll have mine charred on the outside and dripping blood on the inside with a side of sauted 'shrooms if that's okay.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If you sous vide a steak, you deserve the electric chair. 

You've seen photos of the steaks I cook on Facebook. I made those in my sous vide cooker and finished with a hot sear in a pan.

Although lately I've found that I like pan frying a NY strip the way Gordon Ramsey shows in a couple of his videos.

• Like 1