DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live's shake it up, 11th April 2017.

The Natural

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

You are the worst.

Pretty awesome show. So, Raw gets Miz, Alexa, Ambrose, and Wyatt. Smackdown gets Zayn, Owens, New Day, Charlotte, and mother fucking RUSEV! The big difference between Smackdown and Raw is if someone goes to Raw I assume they are gonna get fucked over. If they go to Smackdown, I think it's a fresh start for a lot of these guys. 

Basically, Smackdown got Zayn out of purgatory, cut some dead weight in Ambrose and Wyatt, and there roster right now is god damned pack. They even avoided the fucking Enzo/Cass grenade. Pretty great stuff.

Heh-heh-heh... I'm happy to see Sami on any show, but I'm sure he's going to get more of the same treatment. WWE doesn't have a clue what to do with him. I'm hoping that this is finally the end of the New Day, a Big E solo push is long overdue. Rusev/Nak would be lots of fun, but they've demonstrated pretty conclusively that they don't know what to do with Rusev.Anything less than running amok in Strowman fashion will be a waste.

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

Lana has apparently been working really hard to be a wrestler. She's always going on about being inspired by the women's wrestlers. Maybe she'll surprise us? She'll probably just be Carmella 2.0, though.

Just now, Charlie M. said:

Lana has apparently been working really hard to be a wrestler. She's always going on about being inspired by the women's wrestlers. Maybe she'll surprise us? She'll probably just be Carmella 2.0, though.

I think it will be easy to root for Lana, personally. She did NOT have to get into the ring to keep her position long term. She made the choice to do it, so it's a passion project as opposed to her trying to get a payday. That makes me somewhat optimistic. 

6 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Winner gets winner of Owens/Jericho after Payback, however, the loser of that match will be forced to go to SDL. Fine way to promote your show. “Be sure to watch our show where people are sent as punishment for losing.

Huh? I don't recall them saying anything about the loser. The Title and whoever holds it is going to SDL.

I'm pleased Charlotte is on SDL, but it feels like the whole state of the division thing was unnecessary  if they weren't going to bring in Asuka, especially with everyone already knowing Charlotte was coming. Glad Sami is on though I could have done w/o Owens coming in. I missed Rusev being announced, but that does please me. If he has a chance to become anything more it will be on SDL.

Ziggler is downgrade from Miz wise for Nakamura

You didn't cover Harper in there, and the Usos and AA in the tag division, and some potential Becky/Charlotte/Naomi womens matches.

The SD roster avoided every act I really didn't want them to have, and got most of the ones I wanted them to get. They were an Emma short of an A+

Maybe seeing Randy Orton was just my imagination... A much better show than RAW, but the mishandling of several people still irks me. Erik Rowan gets a match with the champion? Why, exactly? That's like JCP bringing out Cougar Jay or the Italian Stallion to wrestle Arn for the TV title level of goofy booking.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Huh? I don't recall them saying anything about the loser. The Title and whoever holds it is going to SDL.

I'm pleased Charlotte is on SDL, but it feels like the whole state of the division thing was unnecessary  if they weren't going to bring in Asuka, especially with everyone already knowing Charlotte was coming. Glad Sami is on though I could have done w/o Owens coming in. I missed Rusev being announced, but that does please me. If he has a chance to become anything more it will be on SDL.

Ziggler is downgrade from Miz wise for Nakamura

Perhaps I misheard it, but that's what I think DB said. Ziggler is an upgrade work-wise from the Miz for a feud with Nak.

• Like 1

No.1: You Heard Wrong. It was clearly stated whoever held the US Title after Jericho/Owens would be on Smackdown. 

No.2: No. No. Nooooo.

1. Thanks for the clarification.

2. The King of Safe-Style vs. the King of Strong Style? Really, really, really?

3. AJ vs. Sami could be great, please let's just have Corbin and KO beat the fuck out each other while Sami & AJ put on some classics.

2 minutes ago, steve said:

He's saying Ziggler isn't better than Miz. (he's right about that)

He's right about that, but Ziggler is a better match for Nak physically, and I'm right about that.

Just now, OSJ said:

He's right about that, but Ziggler is a better match for Nak physically, and I'm right about that.

Sure, if you want just a Nakamura styled Nakamura match that will be unmemorable. Nakamura/Ziggler is just watching Nakamura fight a broom. Nak/Miz is a unique match that can do a ton to establish the "Strong Style" elements to Nak's game and have Miz sell everything he does as death.

• Like 1

Ziggler is a downgrade for Nakamura but he'll bump around like a nut for Nak's offense and then we move on.  No harm no foul. 

I'm glad they cleared up the little details about the intercontinental/U.S. title swap.  So, I'm assuming Kurt says to Bryan,  "Hey, I like this guy Ambrose. He's a freaking lunatic!" and Bryan says, "oh yeah? Well, you can have Dean, just give me the winner of Jericho/Owens"  and Kurt agreed.  Bryan won that trade whichever way it plays out.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Charlie M. said:

RUSEV vs. Nakamura is possible! YES!

Aside from Tamina, Smackdown really loaded up tonight. Love the look of the new roster way more than RAW.

They also got saddled with Epico & Primo, Jinder Mahal, and Sin Cara; so it wasn't a perfect night. The good far outweighs the bad, though. It feels like a new Smackdown Six (AJ, KO, Sami, Nakamura, Luke Harper, Rusev) could be upon us.

• Like 5

I'd actually rather see Rusev/Nakamura. Ziggler is perfectly fine to establish the Strong Style with, he's far more willing to take a real beating than the Miz. Save Miz/Nak for a one-off on a PPV, I have hopes that Miz could do one great match with Nak, but a series would showcase the Miz's shortcomings.