DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is All Shook Up - 4/10/2017

Rev Ray

Since I am sure I will be asleep before this unlocks I will just say that I am thrilled that at the nature of how this is laid out - we get to spend 24 hours mocking what a bad GM Daniel Bryan is

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Braun Strowman for President. 

That was incredible and the chants Roman received I mean it's not possible for him to be sympathetic at this point.   So as a weekly SDL viewer, I can say losing The Miz makes no sense and losing Alexa hurts but losing Ambrose and keeping AJ Styles mean we won the trade right???!!

I feel like we won.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, steve said:

So, Roman Reigns died, and the spirit of the Undertaker is going to inhabit his corpse, right?

I'm really thinking they're moving in that direction. He was talking about being the new Big Dog of the WWE yard, doing what he had to do.  That will be all he remembers and he comes back to snap necks as an undead wizard.  And possibly try to take a wife in a dark wedding.

It's a bit nonsensical that people who must have been drafted to Smackdown are wrestling on Raw tonight, but I guess that's done to keep some mystery in the air.  So far I don't mind the shakeups.

Ambrose clowning Miz was hilarious and I can't say Smackdown is worse off for either guy's departure.

Smackdown's tag and women's divisions look to be further depleted.  Charlotte seems like a lock for SD but who else to replace both Alexa (who cut an awesome promo) and Mickie?

The prospect of a Bray vs Demon Balor feud might be exciting if there was any certainty that creative wouldn't completely fuck it up.  Right now creative is probably ruminating on how to do something even cornier than the Orton feud.

Speaking of which, what is the point of moving guys when they have title shots/feuds at ppvs against other guys on the same brand?

Strowman is now the biggest face in the company right?

Raw getting an unmotivated Ambrose and Wyatt's hocus pocus isn't a positive. Feel for Miz as his ceiling on SD was higher and his verbal feud with Bryan was such a compelling side of that character. Feel that he's going to be shunted down to the midcard. 

Dana reading "How to Be Your Own Protege" may have been one of the funniest sight gags they've ever done. 

Not sure how Braun isn't the biggest babyface in the world right now. I mean...he should really be the guy who takes down Lesnar. 

• Like 2

I'm completely shocked AJ stayed on Smackdown. 

Braun is the fucking best. 

So SD loses Bray, Ambrose, Miz, Alexa, Mickie, Kalisto, and things I don't care about. Only Miz and Alexa feel like gigantic losses. I say that as a guy who loves Bray, but WWE aint ever gonna do shit with him.

If SD gets Charlotte and Emma tomorrow, on top of the New Day and a potential Big E singles push, I'd say I'm pretty okay with how this went down. Will miss Miz though.

• Like 2

I kinda want them to wheel Roman tomorrow on SDL still strapped to a stretcher and reveal that Bryan and Shane traded for him.

I'm still skeptical AJ doesn't end up on Raw after tomorrow night.  Hope not.  AJ-Shinsuke would be incredible and maybe the only way to stall AJ's face turn.

SDL lost a fair bit of it's uppercard.  Hopefully they get someone worthwhile in replacement tomorrow.

If SDL got Zayn, Balor, and Samoa Joe, I'd be excited.  So Bryan will probably trade to get Curt Hawkins back instead.

Feel like Balor would be a bigger deal on Smackdown, but that's probably a pipe dream.  Heel Balor vs. face AJ would keep me watching.

• Like 1

Just funny that people think the Roman is going heel.   The whole purpose of Braun was to build a monster so that Roman Reigns can destroy it.   It doesn't matter if the crowd is chanting "You Deserve It" at a guy destroyed 2 or 3 times in a span of 5 minutes.  

The ultimate plan is Brock vs Reigns.  Not Brock vs Strowman no matter what.  

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Just funny that people think the Roman is going heel.   The whole purpose of Braun was to build a monster so that Roman Reigns can destroy it.   It doesn't matter if the crowd is chanting "You Deserve It" at a guy destroyed 2 or 3 times in a span of 5 minutes.  

The ultimate plan is Brock vs Reigns.  Not Brock vs Strowman no matter what.  

Nobody isn't aware of that.

• Like 5

I hadn't heard the "nah nah" song in a long time either.  Uniondale was on fire tonight.  Also,  maybe this is just me and complete hyperbole but I felt like The Miz ALREADY is in midcard hell on RAW.  I just don't see what he was doing on SDL translating over to RAW because there's too much bullshit in the way for him to excel.