DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is All Shook Up - 4/10/2017

Rev Ray

50 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Angle's willing to let it slide up until the point where Braun literally crucifies Roman. So let's give it a couple more weeks. 

You saying that because if Angle had been cool with that sort of a storyline all along, he'd have been ECW champ for 3 years?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I love the fans reaction to Braun/Roman:

1) Roman beats Undertaker cleanly. 

2) Braun sneak attacks Roman from behind.

3) Braun won't stop beating an already hurt man.

4) Braun then tosses a stretchered Roman onto the floor.

5) Then he pummels him as he is in the ambulance.

6) Then he tips over said ambulance. 

Yes, clearly Braun is the one who should be cheered in this scenario as he routinely attacks a man for no real reason beyond professional jealousy. Wrestling fans are terrible people. They are heels. The whole thing was awesome but wrestling fans are garbage people. 

You missed Reigns humble brag promo.  

"If I had known it was his last match, I would have held back. I'm just so strong and tough. I didn't mean to retire Undertaker. I'm just so buff and good looking."

You also missed that Braun attacked him directly. Reigns saw him coming and could do nothing.

27 minutes ago, Victator said:

You missed Reigns humble brag promo.  

"If I had known it was his last match, I would have held back. I'm just so strong and tough. I didn't mean to retire Undertaker. I'm just so buff and good looking."

You also missed that Braun attacked him directly. Reigns saw him coming and could do nothing.

Gregg is the sort of guy that wouldn't fistbump Sid. For shame.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm trying to think of a kayfabe reason Angle wouldn't trade Stroman to Smackdown tonight considering Stroman went berserk last night and savagely beat one of the company's main attractions, tried to murder the man, destroyed an ambulance, and generally seemed  sadistic and out of control.

Kurt Angle next week...

GFA-07-300x222.png

• Like 2

You probably weren't supposed to see Roman's boots just after he exited the ambulance, but you could see them before the vehicle was tipped. He could be storyline hurt, he could be just fine, tune in next week same Bat Time, same Bat Channel. And in that he's exactly as strong as you want him, or don't want him, to be right now.

• Like 1

Point of interest - I just put the Braun/Reigns segment on, starting with the interview, and my roommate (who hasn't watched WWE in a couple of years) said of Roman, "I know he thinks he's being smoldering, but he's just so boring."

So, at least for this small sample size of one 30-something woman, it's not just that it's cool to boo the guy. If anything, it's like he has the anti-"it" factor.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zev said:

You probably weren't supposed to see Roman's boots just after he exited the ambulance, but you could see them before the vehicle was tipped. He could be storyline hurt, he could be just fine, tune in next week same Bat Time, same Bat Channel. And in that he's exactly as strong as you want him, or don't want him, to be right now.

Ah yes, Schrodinger's Reigns. I know it well.

5 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

I'd say it's because supposedly all trades were done and finalized before RAW last night, so any action he or anybody took on last night's show would have no bearing on those trades.

Lost in all of this is the above point, that the writers couldn't be bothered to explain this whole trade/draft thing. It's really terrible story telling. 

Edit: hell, or.maybe Kurt doesn't like Roman either.

8 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I love the fans reaction to Braun/Roman:

1) Roman beats Undertaker cleanly. 

2) Braun sneak attacks Roman from behind.

3) Braun won't stop beating an already hurt man.

4) Braun then tosses a stretchered Roman onto the floor.

5) Then he pummels him as he is in the ambulance.

6) Then he tips over said ambulance. 

Yes, clearly Braun is the one who should be cheered in this scenario as he routinely attacks a man for no real reason beyond professional jealousy. Wrestling fans are terrible people. They are heels. The whole thing was awesome but wrestling fans are garbage people. 

Five of the things in this list own hard.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, caley said:

So, by that logic, tomorrow heading to SD
-Charlotte (Lost clean at WM, lost clean on Raw to Jax)
-New Day (Lost clean on successive Raws to Revival)
-Owens (Lost clean to Ambrose)
-Anderson/Gallows (Lost clean at WM, then again on Raw to Hardyz last week)
-Jinder Mahal (A couple recent squashes, he can replace Hawkins on SD)

It's really weird, but WWE is basically treating the shows like separate territories, making guys/gals do jobs on the way out.

Pretty good, eh?  Just swap Zayn for Anderson/Gallows and I would have been 100%

13 hours ago, Oyaji said:

A friend nailed it when he said Angle looks like this these days:

hqdefault.jpg

Nobody tell Kojima, he may try to eat Angle....

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I would need to go back and watch it to double check - but Alvarez and Meltzer were sorta of giving Mahal credit for looking like he fucked up and expressing remorse

For what it's worth, in the slo-mo, it looked like Jinder had a moment of "ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt" when he connected with that elbow.

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For those who missed the most important part of Raw yesterday:

"I'M NOT THROUGH WITH YOU YET."

For what it's worth, I did a quick check on google.  Assuming the Ambulance that got tipped was a Type I or Type III (the second one looked like a II, a van based ambulance), the vehicle Braun "tipped over" weighs between 10,000 to 14,000 pounds.

10 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Angle's willing to let it slide up until the point where Braun literally crucifies Roman. So let's give it a couple more weeks. 

For Kurt, throwing the ambulance is like a headlock. Something you do to ease your way into a match.