DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is All Shook Up - 4/10/2017

Rev Ray

13 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Here's the thing with Braun...he's got a shelf life of about 3 months or so as a main event guy. Once he gets beaten by someone other than Roman, the mystique starts to wear off and then he becomes just another big guy ala Kane or Mark Henry. He'll get decent runs and make millions of dollars but he's never going to actually be a guy who's always in a top spot.

Hadn't thought about that, but good point.  WWE can build a monster, but rarely can sustain one. Losing to a top guy like Reigns is no shame, but they'll have to take him out of Roman's orbit sooner rather than later.

Sadly for Braun, that leads him to Suplex City.  And Brock ain't going to feel like doing the job right now.

Wonder if they turn Charlotte when she shows up on SDL since the face side is still kinda bare with Mickie jumping to RAW and Nikki taking time off/possibly retiring.

Can we ban Owens/Ambrose matches along with Zayn/Owens? Outside of Ziggler, I can't think of two guys I'd rather not see on my TV.

That extended Roman/Braun beatdown was something else. Wish Roman was going to SDL because there's a few really good, fresh match-ups over there than on RAW outside of Braun.

15 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Sadly for Braun, that leads him to Suplex City.  And Brock ain't going to feel like doing the job right now.

And can't/shouldn't do the job [prior to Reigns, since that's the plan] anyway.  Especially with his schedule.

• Like 1

Braun destroying Roman that way would be wonderful if Roman was actually heel. Doing it for sympathy that won't come is just moronic, plus this really does mean Roman stays on Raw which is also pretty damn stupid with how little there is for him to do unless you turn him heel. Still the whole thing was a site to see.

I'm happy Alexa & Mickie were moved. I'm kind of indifferent towards Bray and Ambrose. I'm hoping this means AJ stays. I'm surprise AA didn't move. Hopefully Charlottes loss to Nia means she is coming to SDL.

Did they announce sending the IC title back to SD? It makes sense to me that back with Lesnar as a showcase champion for probably a year, they'd have more belts to defend on the longer show.

New Day and Charlotte are clearly going to SD.

I'm not a Smackdown fan and mostly quit watching- love AJ but think Miz and Alexa are lame, Bray is boring, and I hate Orton - so assuming they don't ship AJ off tomorrow, SD definitely won the roster change. Becky/Charlotte intrigues me more than any women's combo on Raw, and Nak/AJ is a fucking dream.

I was looking forward to AJ on Raw/Roman on SD so that I could give up Tuesdays for good, but that's shot.

So what if they keep the IC and US on RAW leaving SDL with only the WWE, SDL Women's and SDL Tag Team titles? You could get more midcarders elevated by putting them in short programs with the champ. Of course I say this and Bray will win the WWE title back leaving SDL with just their two branded titles. Though that could be fun. With no title to chase after you start to see new tag teams pop up in an attempt to hold some gold.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

One of these days, Byron Saxton is going to go Tom DuBois on these WWE geeks, and I am ready for it.

I can't wait for the day Byron snaps, and if there is a god, the target of all his pent up rage will be JBL.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

One of these days, Byron Saxton is going to go Tom DuBois on these WWE geeks, and I am ready for it.

I've always wanted to see him bring in a big heel team to destroy everyone while he laughs about it.  Like AoP or War Machine.

If you follow the patterns, you can kind of spot who's going:
-Ambrose (Lost clean on SD to Corbin)
-Miz/Mayrse (Lost clean to Cena/Nikki at WM)
-Hawkins (Loses all the time)
-Alexa (Lost her title clean at WM, then lost again clean to Naomi on SD)
-Mickie (Hasn't won in months)
-Bray (Lost clean at WM to Orton)

So, by that logic, tomorrow heading to SD
-Charlotte (Lost clean at WM, lost clean on Raw to Jax)
-New Day (Lost clean on successive Raws to Revival)
-Owens (Lost clean to Ambrose)
-Anderson/Gallows (Lost clean at WM, then again on Raw to Hardyz last week)
-Jinder Mahal (A couple recent squashes, he can replace Hawkins on SD)

It's really weird, but WWE is basically treating the shows like separate territories, making guys/gals do jobs on the way out.

• Like 4

The amount of emotions Byron goes through when he gets the news is impressive. And yeah he is totally going to lose it at some point. This disappoints me since Otunga was more than willing to mock JBL regularly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

The amount of emotions Byron goes through when he gets the news is impressive. And yeah he is totally going to lose it at some point. This disappoints me since Otunga was more than willing to mock JBL regularly.

This also means Byron never got his comeuppance on Corey.

So I'm thinking about this superstar shakeup and the thing is WWE said there were only going to be 9 superstars moving? So assuming Maryse counts as a WWE Superstar that leaves only 2 superstars to move to Smackdown. So my best guess is they call up the Icons from NXT, move Roman and Big E to SDL.

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I kinda want them to wheel Roman tomorrow on SDL still strapped to a stretcher and reveal that Bryan and Shane traded for him.

I'm still skeptical AJ doesn't end up on Raw after tomorrow night.  Hope not.  AJ-Shinsuke would be incredible and maybe the only way to stall AJ's face turn.

SDL lost a fair bit of it's uppercard.  Hopefully they get someone worthwhile in replacement tomorrow.

If SDL got Zayn, Balor, and Samoa Joe, I'd be excited.  So Bryan will probably trade to get Curt Hawkins back instead.

Feel like Balor would be a bigger deal on Smackdown, but that's probably a pipe dream.  Heel Balor vs. face AJ would keep me watching.

Some excellent thoughts... I really hope Finn goes to SDL so I can watch him, I refuse to watch RAW under any circumstances when "Better Call  Saul" is on. As far as Tuesdays, I can always catch a later showing of "Outsiders".

Why would AJ necessarily be the face in a feud with Nak? Did you watch SDL last week? The US audience loves the guy. I also hope Zayn goes to SDL, he feels like he's just one more Kevin Owens feud away from being future endeavored. It's a shame they have no idea what to do with him.

2 hours ago, nofuture said:

I'm thinking Enzo and Cass end up on Smackdown too.  They were nowhere to be seen tonight.

Please God, no.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Mahal legit kicked Reigns in the face without Roman having a chance to block some of the blow a few weeks ago. Dude's got some wild-swinging offense, that's for sure.

My dear, that's the nicest way to say sloppy and unsafe as fuck, that I've ever seen. ;-)

• Like 4

Gallows, Anderson, and Balor all need to go to SD and re-form The Bullet Club with AJ (did they ever sort out who owns the rights to that name?).  They can be the dominant force on Tuesdays for a while now that The Wyatts are no more and then we eventually get the power struggle and eventual feud between Balor and Styles.

Maybe now that Bray is gone we get a Harper singles push or a program with someone not involving the rest of The Wyatts.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Losing Miz sucks, but if that was the cost to dump Bray and Ambrose, keep AJ, and not pick up Rollins, then Daniel Bryan won big time.

Sucks Smackdown Live also lost Alexa Bliss. With you on the rest. Styles still Smackdown Live is the biggest victory in the superstar shakeup.

16 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Please God, no.

I second. 

If Cesaro/Sheamus move to Smackdown Live, hopefully they'll get more opportunities or a Cesaro big push. I cn dream! If they remain on RAW, a potential Revval run. Decisions.