DVDVR Message Board

The NHL Begins Again on 10/4/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Toby Enstrom waived his no-trade clause, so the Winnipeg Jets don't have to protect him, and can protect extra forwards. I think they already have a deal where they give Vegas a pick to take Marko Dano in the draft.

7 hours ago, Dewar said:

Toby Enstrom waived his no-trade clause, so the Winnipeg Jets don't have to protect him, and can protect extra forwards. I think they already have a deal where they give Vegas a pick to take Marko Dano in the draft.

If Vegas takes Enstrom, who the fuck is my dad going to complain about all year?

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's completely nuts to me Fleury is going to move for literally nothing.

I assume they are going to bribe Vegas not to take him, and then trade him to a team of his choosing. Too good to just let go for free.

If Mrazek somehow finds himself again - he was leading the NHL in GAA midway through 2015/16 - then he's a terrific pickup. That if sure seems remote though. 

I'm dying that there is a real chance LV will take Griffin Reinhart in the expansion draft according to NHLN. He very well could've been the worst player to play a game in the league last season. Garth suckering the Oilers into giving up a real good asset for him was his shining moment in a sea of incompetence.

I'm guessing the Panthers are going to lose either Marchessault or Luongo.  Damn. 

Also, I'm a little surprised the Rangers left Raanta unprotected and not Lundqvist. 

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm guessing the Panthers are going to lose either Marchessault or Luongo.  Damn. 

Also, I'm a little surprised the Rangers left Raanta unprotected and not Lundqvist. 

Bet on Marchessault. I can't believe they exposed him. Luongo they won't touch because of age and the long term contract. MAF appears to be their guy.

On 6/18/2017 at 11:20 PM, Death From Above said:

I don't know. He was a top junior talent who has had some rough patches on a declining team. I was pretty shocked he was available to be honest, but obviously you see the most of him from anyone here.

Mrazek has been pretty terrible for a year and a half.  He'll have short stretches of brilliance but his numbers aren't the fault of the team in front of him.  Jimmy Howard was nearly a full goal a game better than him this year with the same not-good team in front of him.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Coyotes have told Shane Doan to go fuck himself

This needed to be done in a better fashion. The guy spent his entire career with them, going through a franchise relocation, numerous sets of terrible owners, and shitty teams.

They won two playoff series in his 21 years with the franchise, and they were in the same season. They have missed the playoffs for five seasons in a row. Seems pretty factual to me.

• Like 1

Marian Hossa announced he won't play in the upcoming season due to being allergic to the equipment he wears (no I am not making that up)

Chicago magically gets cap relief

Credible Hockey Men say Vegas took Griffin Reinhart from Edmonton, which was as an Oilers fan the best case scenario. He has no shot here, no long term future. Getting him never made sense. He came in as at most the 4th or 5th LHD. It was a weird trade. Happy to eat it and move on.