DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2017 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

I enjoyed them a lot last year too. They nearly knocked off San Jose, who were good enough to win the west.

In hindsight, the Erat for Forsberg trade set a chain of events in motion that really transformed them into the team the media bizarrely insists Minnesota is.

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Someone who didn't follow Nashville much aside from the random Rusev pics.  Why were they the 8th seed and now on such a roll? 

Basically, they just had a year of adjusting to there team image kinda adjusting would be my guess.

Kind of like the Kings when they won the cup, if you were paying attention, it was pretty clear Nashville was a lot better then a typical 8 seed. Honestly, they were a tougher draw even before they got hot then Minnesota or St. Louis would have been for anyone, save for Jake Allen going stupid like he did round 1.

I have no problems with Nashville, and hope they dismantle resident California team people don't really care about much and the winner of NHL Golden Team/Resident "Canadas" Team that really every other Canadian teams fans are hoping get swept.

On 2017-05-12 at 5:59 PM, odessasteps said:

I love all the people castigating Trudeau for telling everyone to root for Ottawa.

Dumb decision by him. Only reason I want Ottawa to beat Pittsburgh is because fuck Pittsburgh.

• Like 3

On 5/12/2017 at 4:07 PM, Death From Above said:

In hindsight, the Erat for Forsberg trade set a chain of events in motion that really transformed them into the team the media bizarrely insists Minnesota is.

I forgot to mention it earlier but I always get so happy when I think about this trade

• Like 1

Nothing. I am terrible at hockey betting, and have decided to stop trying for the rest of this year. Any cheering for me is like 5% happiness for Subban, and 95% being able to mock all the Habs fans I know who threw him under a bus with all their insider knowledge of him being "bad in the locker room". Still shocks me that insider information got from Quebec to Winnipeg without the media reporting it...

That sucked but the game was fun from what I saw.

People who thought Montreal won that trade were out to lunch. Even if Nashville doesn't win it all this year, they're perennial contenders and are going to get better because of their great drafting.

• Like 1