DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2017 - The Quest For The Cup

Dolfan in NYC

Toronto (?!) claimed the final playoff spot yesterday, so Hell has indeed frozen over.  I have no idea who's playing who because of the NHL's idiotic playoff qualifications. 

Good luck!

c5f3386b6b364be7fc63d052ad6df5ef.gif

While the games weren't exactly thrillers on the scoresheet, most of what I saw was fun with plenty of goal mouth action. SJ/EDM was easily the best game of the night with San Jose sustaining a massive pushback starting in the second period. That looked like the most exciting on paper in the west and it's so far living up to expectations. I hope it goes 7.

If the Leafs don't get run out of the building, I'm pulling for them to make Washington sweat at least. 

I would love to brag but I picked the Leafs to lose in 4. I can't even believe what is happening. I know the Caps are yearly chokers but this seemed fed to them on a silver platter. Young team with zero playoff experience, injured goalie, two injured d-men & Caps had just manhandled them last week of the regular season.

Series could easily shift and Caps could win next 3 but this Leafs team is just playing great right now and have nothing to lose. They've won everyone's respect already. Could have quit down 3-1 tonight and down 2 men but they just kept going and Caps seemed to fall asleep until it was 3-3.

Honestly if the Caps can win this series, and they still can quite easily, this has to be their year because this is the adversity they need to overcome to be champs.

It's weird seeing people actually taking a liking to this young Leafs team instead of just being annoyed at Leafs fans. :)