DVDVR Message Board

JBL Bullying/Harassing/Torturing Mauro Ranallo/MNM/Justin Roberts Duke The Dumpster Fire Droese Thread

TheVileOne

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:47 AM, AxB said:

If there was a Bradshaw/ Hardcore Holly 'self-appointed minister of Rookie Discipline' guy around now, and he started a feud with Zack Sabre Jr, most people would be OK with it. But he'd have very little interesting to do after that was finished.

This theory fails because it assumes Zack Sabre Jr is interesting.

• Like 1

I've never been one to torture trainees or new guys, but I do get on their case for being lazy. Several of the trainees got barked at last weekend when myself (15 years) and Black Dragon (28 years) were putting a ring together while trainees were watching with hands on hips. That pissed me off, and rightfully so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

I've never been one to torture trainees or new guys, but I do get on their case for being lazy. Several of the trainees got barked at last weekend when myself (15 years) and Black Dragon (28 years) were putting a ring together while trainees were watching with hands on hips. That pissed me off, and rightfully so.

That seems like a perfectly acceptable response to a bunch of jamokes doing nothing. I don't think I ever worked a show where I didn't have to ring crew or set chairs or run out and get tape or some sort of grunt type work to make sure that everything went off as best it could, and I always just sort of took it as one more thing to do so that I could enjoy the glamorous world of tiny Northern California independents.

Its funny that on killing the town this week, they discussed the jbl/mauro story, including don telling a couple jbl stories from when don left the wwf.

And this is followed by telling some horrific stories about don and kevin kelly witnessing veteran njpw guys like suzuki torturing young boys in the ring. 

Weird juxtaposition. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Its funny that on killing the town this week, they discussed the jbl/mauro story, including don telling a couple jbl stories from when don left the wwf.

And this is followed by telling some horrific stories about don and kevin kelly witnessing veteran njpw guys like suzuki torturing young boys in the ring. 

Weird juxtaposition. 

One of the many excuses for Benoit doing what he did was the torture he endured in the NJPW dojo. Just saying...

On 4/18/2017 at 6:08 PM, Marty Sugar said:

This reminds me of when my stepkids (who are 13 and 14) are goofing off and fucking around on their phones or computer when my wife and I are cleaning. If I look up and see that I’m doing a bunch of stuff and they’re not, I immediately get on their case. Or whenever they ask one of us to go get something for them from the kitchen or whatever. My wife kinda does it out of habit but if I’m around, I’ll stop her from doing it and ask the kids, “can you tell me which war it was? You know, the one where you got your legs shot off and can’t walk down a flight of steps to get your own glass of water?” Old man rant over. Get off my lawn and such.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

This reminds me of when my stepkids (who are 13 and 14) are goofing off and fucking around on their phones or computer when my wife and I are cleaning. If I look up and see that I’m doing a bunch of stuff and they’re not, I immediately get on their case. Or whenever they ask one of us to go get something for them from the kitchen or whatever. My wife kinda does it out of habit but if I’m around, I’ll stop her from doing it and ask the kids, “can you tell me which war it was? You know, the one where you got your legs shot off and can’t walk down a flight of steps to get your own glass of water?” Old man rant over. Get off my lawn and such.

giphy.gif

That reminds me of the kid of the missus' sister. She was probably five years old or so and she clearly had just started to learn the rules of saying 'please' and 'thank you'. In her mind, however, it had become a single magic word that she could use to make wishes come true. 'Mommy, can you make me a sandwich pleasethankyou? And can you bring it to me pleasethankyou?' As long as she said 'pleasethankyou,' the world would obey.

(It didn't, but that's another story.)

When my son was three, he asked for a chocolate. I said "A please would be nice". He looks up at me with big wide eyes and say "Please be nice?".

• Like 7

On 4/18/2017 at 3:08 PM, Marty Sugar said:

That's part of paying dues. You want to do this you gotta put up the ring.

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Based on Meltzer's latest report on this whole mess, I'm starting to wonder if Vince McMahon is bipolar.

After all this time in the WWF/WWE game I can't expect he's been fully sane to begin with.  At least he can read AJ Lee's book and realize that bipolar can be his superpower.

I read Meltzer's report and it had new stuff I didn't know about.  It not only strengthened my belief JBL needs to but lent more evidence to support wanting to see Vince go.  I appreciate what he's done all this time, but he's shown to be a horrible person.

• Like 1

It just needs to get to the point where HHH and Steph. can lock him in a room with a microphone and headset and he thinks there's a show and he's barking things to "JBL" and "King" to say. But his wires aren't connected to anything and this goes on 24/7 and they have a running printout appearing on a blog like Creed Thoughts.

It could be a fun scroll at the bottom of the network.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Back in the day, MR was a 'cute' way to call someone mentally retarded.

I'm not saying its not true but I never heard that before. 

Reminds me I am watching an 87 episode of Superstars and Jesse outright asks if Hacksaw is mentally retarded. Somehow I heard the silence from Vince on commentary. 

That said I am not okay with that word used as a slur. In real life it will get me violent. So hope that is a misunderstanding since his initials actually are "MR".

I already have enough reasons to hate this company.

It's been out of favor for a couple of generations, as I understand it.  Don't think it's been used much since the 1980s. So I doubt many would catch it right away, especially with Mauro's initials being MR.

The sad part is that it's not hard to imagine this happening in WWE, even in 2017.